Free Hosting Billing Software, Open Source - You can use it for Commercial Purpose, etc.

Hi,

Few year ago I hired developers to create a hosting billing but due to some issues I stopped development on this project.

So today I am making it open-source. Free to use even for commercial purpose or you can modify it and claim it as your own.

It was created 1 year ago. cPanel account creation and PayPal gateway was working fine.

• You are free to modify it and use it for commercial purpose. No Copyright, No need to give link back, etc.

**Note: ** Security of code is not tested. So it will be good if you are a developer and use it for your project, etc.

I will be not held responsible for anything. lol.

Download Link: https://www.dewlance.com/hostingbilling_dewlance-custom.zip
From GitHub: https://github.com/kunnusingh/freehostingbilling

Thanks.

Dewlance - Affordable Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller Hosting
WHMCS Addon - DemoTiger Video KB - Tutorial Videos for Hosting Providers.

Thanked by (2)vpsgeek3333 g4m3r

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Services Provider

.zip folders everywhere.

Do you have any sort of screenshot and whats the total progres in it in terms of functionality? Only cpanel creation and paypal gateway?

Web Design Agency - Custom Web Designs
    WHMCS.design - WHMCS Themes | Blesta.shop - Blesta Themes

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider
    edited October 2020

Is it developers (plural) as in team or developer (singular) as in freelance on fiverr?

Is this tested or its abandoned before being tested? Any screenshot? How much do you pay it?

I really hope this took off.

• @Dewlance said: cPanel account creation and PayPal gateway was working fine.

But the most important question is - Does it have Autoboot™ ??

• From a quick look over the code, there seem to be several SQL injection vulnerabilities and passwords are being stored as a md5 hash (passcheck.php has examples of both these issues), so I’d suggest not using this in its current state as a lot of changes would be needed to make it secure.

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

@K4Y5 said:

@Dewlance said: cPanel account creation and PayPal gateway was working fine.

Damm! Every post of yours makes me giggle XD

If I'd be single & gay, I'd start flirting with you...

Thanked by (1)armandorg

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• @K4Y5 said:

Yes, autoboot included

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

@Matthew said:
    From a quick look over the code, there seem to be several SQL injection vulnerabilities and passwords are being stored as a md5 hash (passcheck.php has examples of both these issues), so I’d suggest not using this in its current state as a lot of changes would be needed to make it secure.

It also uses deprecated ways of connecting to databases, so will not support anything over PHP 5.5 without some hefty changes.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny Matthew

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• @Matthew said:
    From a quick look over the code, there seem to be several SQL injection vulnerabilities and passwords are being stored as a md5 hash (passcheck.php has examples of both these issues), so I’d suggest not using this in its current state as a lot of changes would be needed to make it secure.

So I guess perfect for hackthebox.eu? ;)

Anyway it's great for study purposes, so I appreciate that you've published it @Dewlance.

Thanked by (2)ialexpw Matthew
  • Thanks for releasing this! It's a lot of code (around 21 kloc of php plus some other stuff) though I don't know how much of that is in the main app, how much is in tests, etc. I haven't looked at it at all yet, other than running wc. Separately from bugs and security issues, one thing I'd hope we can do here is make a feature list, so we can have an idea of how complete the current design is, even if there are still things to handle in the implementation. Then identify important features found in other packages that are missing from this.

Cool to have some code to play with!

• @willie said:
    Thanks for releasing this! It's a lot of code (around 21 kloc of php plus some other stuff) though I don't know how much of that is in the main app, how much is in tests, etc. I haven't looked at it at all yet, other than running wc. Separately from bugs and security issues, one thing I'd hope we can do here is make a feature list, so we can have an idea of how complete the current design is, even if there are still things to handle in the implementation. Then identify important features found in other packages that are missing from this.

Honestly I wouldn't even bother, it would be easier and faster to redo the whole thing than attempting to fix it.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny ialexpw
  • Thanks for sharing it @Dewlance

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• Putting a zip file into git is considered treason.
    But thanks for the codes.

@K4Y5 said:

Ahh > @Naix said:

@willie said:
    Thanks for releasing this! It's a lot of code (around 21 kloc of php plus some other stuff) though I don't know how much of that is in the main app, how much is in tests, etc. I haven't looked at it at all yet, other than running wc. Separately from bugs and security issues, one thing I'd hope we can do here is make a feature list, so we can have an idea of how complete the current design is, even if there are still things to handle in the implementation. Then identify important features found in other packages that are missing from this.

Honestly I wouldn't even bother, it would be easier and faster to redo the whole thing than attempting to fix it.

You can't really fix something when you don't even know what's broken.

• @Neoon said:
    Putting a zip file into git is considered treason.

Its for the best. Very messy

• @corbpie said:

@Neoon said:

Well, the first thing I have written in PHP, had 2 files with 4k lines each, go figure.

@Neoon said:

@corbpie said:

@Neoon said:

Well, the first thing I have written in PHP, had 2 files with 4k lines each, go figure.

The first thing I write is 2 lines. Opening tag and echo ('Hello World')

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@Naix said:

@willie said:

Looking though, there are many differences that make my brain hurt.

E.g. there are these session variables:
    $_SESSION['userpassSession']
    $_SESSION['EmailIdSession']

So, do the devs want to capitalize the first letter?

Even file names are weird, as some have hyphens between words, and others didn't. And words are misspelled like palanname.

Basically, either one guy had no idea what they were doing and was copying from StackOverflow without care to streamline variables and code to make it readable or multiple guys coded it without code reviews.

My criticisms above were just from taking a quick glance, but you can get a bit of a feel of the quality of a piece of software by seeing how organized it is.

Anyways, I don't want to criticize too much, as it is free, and people spent a lot of effort, and I don't want to discount that. If someone wants to modernize this and put it on Github (not as a zip but as an actual repo), I'm sure it might get some traction and turn into something good, but for now, I will definitely not be using this for any production workloads.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny ialexpw
  • DewlanceDewlance Hosting ProviderOG
    edited October 2020

This is not written by me, I was hired a developer.

I already wrote that script can be useful for developers only. Maybe helpful for you if you are beginner and learning coding.

Some of files are just an example or developer left it in the folder.

• DewlanceDewlance Hosting ProviderOG

Create Account:

List Services

Thanked by (2)g4m3r lentro

• Yeah my interest is more in identifying the necessary features of a usable system, than trying to use the code directly. Since this was written for an actual commercial host, I'd like to hope that the feature selection is meaningful, independently of whatever issues the implementation might have.

Thanked by (1)Dewlance