[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• edited April 2022

Hahahaha....
    I only have 3 in virmach, the others I have more at other service providers (gxxx, axx, rxxx, bxx)
    Never experienced anything strange like this, before I requested according to hostnane and was not responded to, are you a virmach employee?

In my 2 vps, virmach ColorCrossing, once requested rDNS to my hostname and returned it to IP, there is no such slow process.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@vgood said: request to change my new rDNS VPS to IP only but the ticket was closed by virmach

Therein lies your problem. If you'd have requested a match to your current hostname, then it's normally done almost immediately.
    Your unnecessary Ticket will add $5 to your renewal price. /s
    (3x Virmach VPS = amateur. :p )

• @vgood said: are you a virmach employee?

Nope.
    Can't tell exactly, 'cos I can't login but have about 12 active VPS of which about 9 are actually utilised. I always match rDNS on servers that are being used. It used to be a manual Ticket process, though now it's pseudo automated from a button in the Client Area (which creates a Ticket).

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• That's strange, why in my previous 2 vps, it was enough to go through the existing menu and the process didn't take long time and only took half a day. on this new ryzen vps, I asked through the menu and waited 10 days it didn't change to the hostname, I decided to send a manual ticket and asked to return it to the IP, but the result is the same. I'm confused.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@vgood said: are you a virmach employee?

Nope.
    Can't tell exactly, 'cos I can't login but have about 12 active VPS of which about 9 are actually utilised. I always match rDNS on servers that are being used. It used to be a manual Ticket process, though now it's pseudo automated from a button in the Client Area (which creates a Ticket).

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@vgood said:
    That's strange, why in my previous 2 vps, it was enough to go through the existing menu and the process didn't take long time and only took half a day. on this new ryzen vps, I asked through the menu and waited 10 days it didn't change to the hostname, I decided to send a manual ticket and asked to return it to the IP, but the result is the same. I'm confused.

@AlwaysSkint said:

Nope.

ryzen is still in beta stage

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• ohh, thanks for the information, if there is information like this from virmach then it will be clear. so I don't expect anything else to be a misperception. thanks for the explanation.

@cybertech said:

@vgood said:
    That's strange, why in my previous 2 vps, it was enough to go through the existing menu and the process didn't take long time and only took half a day. on this new ryzen vps, I asked through the menu and waited 10 days it didn't change to the hostname, I decided to send a manual ticket and asked to return it to the IP, but the result is the same. I'm confused.

@AlwaysSkint said:

Nope.

ryzen is still in beta stage

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach is writing ....

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Is there a way to get a console for a system when billing.virmach.com isn't responding that doesn't require me to have thought ahead and written down the link for that specific server?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2022

@skorous said: Is there a way to get a console for a system when billing.virmach.com isn't responding that doesn't require me to have thought ahead and written down the link for that specific server?

In my understanding, no.

EDIT:
    Except in the activation email under
    Advanced Control Panel

If you would like to access your control panel independently, you can use the direct link. Your username is "thisisyourusername" and you must reset your password to obtain it.

Thanked by (1)skorous

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Didn't think so. Thank you, sir.

• And we got scheduled reboot/shutdown on 039 again. This time, we can't even boot it manually.

Can you issue a boot up for everyone on 039?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@vgood said:
    Hahahaha....
    I only have 3 in virmach, the others I have more at other service providers (gxxx, axx, rxxx, bxx)
    Never experienced anything strange like this, before I requested according to hostnane and was not responded to, are you a virmach employee?

In my 2 vps, virmach ColorCrossing, once requested rDNS to my hostname and returned it to IP, there is no such slow process.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@vgood said: request to change my new rDNS VPS to IP only but the ticket was closed by virmach

Therein lies your problem. If you'd have requested a match to your current hostname, then it's normally done almost immediately.
    Your unnecessary Ticket will add $5 to your renewal price. /s
    (3x Virmach VPS = amateur. :p )

If you're speaking of rDNS on Ryzen, you can assume long waits and potentially for the request to not be filled for now. None of the systems are built for that yet. With CC, we coded it out using their API. We do not consider rDNS critical and those tickets will most likely not be answered until we clear out the entire ticket queue.

Some guy made like 11 tickets for the same rDNS and I'm going to make sure we answer his absolutely last.

@reisenpai said:
    And we got scheduled reboot/shutdown on 039 again. This time, we can't even boot it manually.

Where are you getting your information? You mentioned [A] a scheduled shutdown, [B] everyone being affected on that node.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2022

@reisenpai said: And we got scheduled reboot/shutdown on 039 again. This time, we can't even boot it manually.

If I am correct users on Node39, which was a beta test node, are being migrated to a different node.

EDIT: This was misinformation.

As I misunderstood what this comment was referring to:

[@VirMach said]: The node was attacked in other ways and SolusVM eventually ran into deeper issues. I'm still trying to get it back online and once I do, we'll be migrating it to another node completely.

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @VirMach Still not getting my OTP code sent to my email.
    This happening to anyone else?

With all the attacks etc., I take it there's a delay on locations, other than the original three.

There are a few different reasons for that breaking but most recently it would make sense that it's affected by all the attacks.

@FrankZ said:

@reisenpai said: And we got scheduled reboot/shutdown on 039 again. This time, we can't even boot it manually.

If I am correct users on Node39, which was a beta test node, are being migrated to a different node.

Nothing scheduled like that and the node is up. I get a lot of reports by a lot of people that that node keeps going down and it's just been up the whole time, I have no idea why people are saying all these things honestly. I guess because it was called beta test node or reported as having issues at some point in time everyone immediately assumes that as the default explanation for everything related to their VPS going offline or even SolusVM running into issues?

Anyway, my guess is that the "we can't even boot it manually" part is related to the fact that SolusVM is down.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:

Nothing scheduled like that and the node is up. I get a lot of reports by a lot of people that that node keeps going down and it's just been up the whole time, I have no idea why people are saying all these things honestly. I guess because it was called beta test node or reported as having issues at some point in time everyone immediately assumes that as the default explanation for everything related to their VPS going offline or even SolusVM running into issues?

Anyway, my guess is that the "we can't even boot it manually" part is related to the fact that SolusVM is down.

Mine is also on 039 node and it’s suddenly down a while ago after 1 day stable.
    Here is the metric:
    https://tz.115.al/Detail/BEEEE74D

@cgs3238 said:

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:

Mine is also on 039 node and it’s suddenly down a while ago after 1 day stable.
    Here is the metric:
    https://tz.115.al/Detail/BEEEE74D

I wouldn't be able to help anyone here until SolusVM comes back online but I can assure you that the node is online and also not running into the same disk issues it did in the past. It's possible that something else went wrong with the node, but not likely. I'd guess something went wrong within the VM and now since SolusVM is broken it's not possible to boot it back up from your end.

Still working hard to get SolusVM back up.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ cgs3238

@skorous said:
    Is there a way to get a console for a system when billing.virmach.com isn't responding that doesn't require me to have thought ahead and written down the link for that specific server?

The billing area should be working fine, I think it's just not connecting to SolusVM since that's down, and it may cause it to throw errors or not load your service page.

Thanked by (1)skorous
    edited April 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: It used to be a manual Ticket process, though now it's pseudo automated from a button in the Client Area (which creates a Ticket).

It actually became fully automated, we just kept it pseudo automated looking on the customer's end. It also helps us use it as a sort of visible log and step in if the system breaks.

But it's not automated at all for Ryzen.

(edit) It's very likely that for Ryzen, we'll just finally enable the actual automated feature on SolusVM. But with it we may also do default port 25 blocks, that can be removed either for a fee or for trusted customers.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • IPv6 rDNS!

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:

Edit:
    When I says offline or shutdown or reboot, I'm talking about the VM, not the node.

Whenever I reboot the VM within the OS, there is a fair chance for it to go offline until manually booted in the panel.

The reason I said automated or scheduled shutdown is the fact this always happens on 08:00 PST.

I know the node itself is running alright, it's the VMs being offline.
    People mistakenly reported it as Node being down because they didn't realize they can just boot the VM up.

Edit: grammar

• edited April 2022

@reisenpai said:

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:

Whenever I reboot the server within the OS, there is a fair chance for it to be offline in the panel until manually booted.

The reason I said automated or scheduled shutdown is the fact this always happens on 08:00 PST.

I know the node itself is running alright, it's the VMs being offline.
    People mistakenly reported it as Node being down because they didn't realize they can just boot the VM up.

And I highly doubt it's a problem within the VM, multiple people with different templates and ISO are having the same thing.

Edit:
    And just to be clear, we have two problems:
    1. VMs goes offline from time to time, but it's always at 08:00 PST. All we need to do is manually booting it in the panel.
    2. Whenever we reboot the VMs within OS, there is a chance for it to go offline. And we boot it in the panel.

• @VirMach said: The billing area should be working fine, I think it's just not connecting to SolusVM since that's down, and it may cause it to throw errors or not load your service page.

Yeah, not a huge deal. I rebooted an idler today and forgot it doesn't have automatic encryption unlock yet. I'll take care of it when they give up.

@reisenpai said: Ms goes offline from time to time, but it's always at 08:00 PST. All we need to do is manually booting it in the panel.

Who is we? I need to know exactly what list of VMs are facing this exact issue to be able to better diagnose the problem and it needs to actually be confirmed as being widespread.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@reisenpai said: 1. VMs goes offline from time to time, but it's always at 08:00 PST. All we need to do is manually booting it in the panel.

Sounds like a scheduled job killing your server

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

@reisenpai said: Ms goes offline from time to time, but it's always at 08:00 PST. All we need to do is manually booting it in the panel.

Who is we? I need to know exactly what list of VMs are facing this exact issue to be able to better diagnose the problem and it needs to actually be confirmed as being widespread.

Personally, I am not seeing this. My 2.5GB VPS on Node 39 has not gone down and needed to be rebooted from the panel at all since activation. My 1.5GB VPS on Node 39 has not gone down and stayed down before today at 5:56AM PDT. I have not been able to check why this went down because of the SolusVm issues, but I do not expect it to be related to the issue others are talking about.

• edited April 2022

@VirMach said:

Besides the guy replied to this thread, it's all on OGF. I don't want go back there so you gotta check it yourself.

At page 76 people are starting to talk about it.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177704/virmach-ryzen-nvme-8-88-yr-384mb-21-85-yr-2-5gb-instant-japan-pre-order-more/p76

Edit:
    And at p70, quote from me: "Alma seems to be alright so far, you might need manually boot it in the panel whenever it goes off."
    I think this is the first time anybody talked about unexpected offline.

• @reisenpai said:

@VirMach said:

Besides the guy replied to this thread, it's all on OGF. I don't want go back there so you gotta check it yourself.

At page 76 people are starting to talk about it.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177704/virmach-ryzen-nvme-8-88-yr-384mb-21-85-yr-2-5gb-instant-japan-pre-order-more/p76

btw mine would be id=652752

• @Jab said:
    IPv6 rDNS!

IPv6 rDNS should be delegated to a name server specified by the customer.
    Only allowing updates may not enough.

See what you can do with IPv6 rDNS delegation:
    https://devpost.com/software/traceart-8gsn5o
    https://yoursunny.com/t/2016/HackArizona/

Thanked by (2)FrankZ pikachu

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @VirMach said: I wouldn't be able to help anyone here until SolusVM comes back online but I can assure you that the node is online and also not running into the same disk issues it did in the past.

Is there any chance for Buffalo to move to Japan now?

This discussion has been closed.