Linux Kernel 6.0

cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Which provider will install this ? Performance improvement especially with AMD

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

Comments

• 6.0 already?? Damn. I recall compiling 2.0 series kernels and it taking all night long on Slackware 96!

• rootroot OG
    edited October 2022

@rajprakash said:
    6.0 already?? Damn. I recall compiling 2.0 series kernels and it taking all night long on Slackware 96!

True. I remember 2.4 kernel being vulnerable to exploits, needing urgent upgrade to 2.6 at that time.

Thanked by (1)rajprakash

How are you... online?

• my first memories. ugh .. ipfw -> ipchains -> iptables. Why cant you just leave things be. LOL
    The Freesco single floppy router.
    Thinking debian 'deselect' meant unselect :-) giving up installing linux from debian floppies and running over to best buy and buying Redhat linux. 5x , It came with a big paperback book.

Being free from shareware, nagware and less reputable copies of software was the payoff. LInux has brought me a lot of joy over the years. Happy Linux 6 day.

ICR , does he bump it after a set time or number of lines of code? IIR it wasnt due to a new 'feature' or 'milestone'

• @jperkins said: Redhat linux. 5x , It came with a big paperback book.

I remember that! :D I bet I've still got its somewhere, though may have been chucked when it got too curled as a door stopper. Now where did I put my three Slackware CD bundle?

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @jperkins said:
    The Freesco single floppy router.

Oh, I had almost forgot about Freesco. I ran an entire callcenter on one of those. :lol:
    I was a *BSD guy, but if I had to run linux I prefered Slackware so I was always getting into arguments with the idiots at work wanting to run SuSe or Redhat. They were always flashing their 10-disc installation boxes and heavy paperback books like it was some kind of proof that their distro was better. :smiley:

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

If I recall the chatter this one was light on changes and 6.1 is gonna have more stuff in it