Dedicated Server, 3-4TB disk, Europe, £30ish

NekkiNekki OG
edited October 2022 in Requests

I need a new dedi. My once cheap PebbleHost server is no longer as cheap because the bloody Tories devalued the £ so much and is also a touch underpowered.

I’m pretty much out of the game so I like to see what’s out there ahead of BF.

So I’m looking for:

• CPU with 5kish passmark, preferably an i5 or i7
  • 4GB RAM+
  • Any combo of disks to get me to 3-4TB usable
  • Any European location
  • 4TB of inbound data first month, 1-2TB total data after that.
  • 1Gbit shared connection
  • I’d like it to cost around £30/month.

I am banned from buying from Hetzner and OVH can suck my bumhole.

Suggestions and offers most welcome.

Thanked by (1)Ganonk

Comments

• CalinCalin Hosting Provider

Hello @Nekki you like e5-2450l cpu? It s possible give you one server with this specs and this budget

Regards,
    Calin

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • £ is worthless.
    You need to pay in bobs and diks.

Thanked by (1)Nekki

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• williewillie OG
    edited October 2022

Go a little bigger? Scaleway EM-L101X-SATA, 1x Intel Xeon E5 1410 v2, 96 GB ECC ram, 2 x 6 TB HDD, 1 Gbit/s, €39.99/month.

https://www.scaleway.com/en/elastic-metal/lithium/

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • NekkiNekki OG
    edited October 2022

@Calin said:
    Hello @Nekki you like e5-2450l cpu? It s possible give you one server with this specs and this budget

Regards,
    Calin

My recollection is that you were wrapped-up in some off-key business involving HostSolutions, so I'll swerve thanks anyway.

@yoursunny said:
    £ is worthless.
    You need to pay in bobs and diks.

Fortunately, I have both.

Thanked by (2)chris NobodyInteresting
  • ovh.ie flash sale SYS-5-SAT-32 only 24.9

• @willie said:
    Go a little bigger? Scaleway EM-L101X-SATA, 1x Intel Xeon E5 1410 v2, 96 GB ECC ram, 2 x 6 TB HDD, 1 Gbit/s, €39.99/month.

https://www.scaleway.com/en/elastic-metal/lithium/

Fun spec, but inc VAT well out of my price range unfortunately.

• edited October 2022

Keep your eye on Walkerservers LW NL location when they're in stock.

Also oneprovider do a LW NL 2 x 2 TB @ 30 TB traffic at that price point - I know it's oneprovider but you know .......

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • @OsirisBlack said:

Decent spec, never heard of them though - any good?

• @fadedmaple said:
    ovh.ie flash sale SYS-5-SAT-32 only 24.9

WHAT DID I JUST SAY?

• @Nekki said:

@OsirisBlack said:

Spot on.

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • Taking a page out of the seedbox space, these two are pretty reputable resellers:

https://walkerservers.com/dedicated-leaseweb/
    https://www.reddit.com/user/Andy10gbit/

Andy10gbit has some pretty good offers but is a one-man show so support is lacking.

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • @CyberneticTitan said:
    Taking a page out of the seedbox space, these two are pretty reputable resellers:

https://walkerservers.com/dedicated-leaseweb/
    https://www.reddit.com/user/Andy10gbit/

Andy10gbit has some pretty good offers but is a one-man show so support is lacking.

I'll avoid Andy, I know some people swear by him but the whole thing seems a bit iffy.

Good to get another recommendation for Walkerservers - just have to see if they ever come back in stock.

• @Nekki said:

OVH can suck my bumhole.

Nekki confirmed

Thanked by (2)ehab NobodyInteresting

Why?

• @jmaxwell said:

@Nekki said:

OVH can suck my bumhole.

Nekki confirmed

Appalling customer service. Life wasters, ain't got time for it.

• I hate myself but I'm considering a BuyVM dedicated CPU slice in LUX with some block storage.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited October 2022

ikoula maybe?

C-Storage
    Intel® Core i3 / Intel® Xeon® E3 [email protected] GHz (2C/4T)
    8 GB DDR3
    2 x 2 TB SATA 2
    Bandwidth 1 Gbps
    €19.99ex.VAT/Mth
    https://www.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server#classic

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• dear Nekki, wait until BF.

• @Nekki said:

@OsirisBlack said:

Very solid. They're just resold leaseweb but they're the only reseller that gets you 1g unmetered. Used to have a few boxes with them, they were fantastic.

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • @Nekki said: because the bloody Tories

Reported to the Mogg. Nanny is coming for you.

• @Nekki said: I hate myself but I'm considering a BuyVM dedicated CPU slice in LUX with some block storage.

If this is for backups maybe you could use a slice plus scaleway glacier storage. If it's for media and you're really adding 1-2TB/mo then you probably have to up your requirements.

• @Mason said:
    ikoula maybe?

C-Storage
    Intel® Core i3 / Intel® Xeon® E3 [email protected] GHz (2C/4T)
    8 GB DDR3
    2 x 2 TB SATA 2
    Bandwidth 1 Gbps
    €19.99ex.VAT/Mth
    https://www.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server#classic

Not a bad shout actually. Never ended up with them for some reason despite the decently low prices. One to think about.

• @ehab said:
    dear Nekki, wait until BF.

Too much effort waiting for the deals only to be disappointed.

Thanked by (1)root
  • @Lee said:

@Nekki said: because the bloody Tories

Reported to the Mogg. Nanny is coming for you.

If it wasn't for the swearing ban I'd use some delightfully fruity wording to describe that absolute disgrace of a human being.

He has six kids. Six. Can you believe that? Can you believe someone let that human beanpole empty his sack into them six times? The mind boggles. At least we've probably seen the last of him in Government.

• @willie said:

@Nekki said: I hate myself but I'm considering a BuyVM dedicated CPU slice in LUX with some block storage.

If this is for backups maybe you could use a slice plus scaleway glacier storage. If it's for media and you're really adding 1-2TB/mo then you probably have to up your requirements.

It's for media, I'm not adding 1-2TB a month, the volume will remain static, I just anticipate 25-5-% churn/month.

• Shame you're banned from Hetzner.

Thier Storage Box attached to a Netcup RS 1000 G9.5 worked like a dream for me - just for media that is.

• @OsirisBlack said:
    Shame you're banned from Hetzner.

Thier Storage Box attached to a Netcup RS 1000 G9.5 worked like a dream for me - just for media that is.

It’s unfortunate, but then their auction servers had some really vile disks, so what’s a girl to do?

• williewillie OG
    edited October 2022

If you've been out of Hetzner for a while, I wonder if it is possible to apply for reinstatement. Storage Box is hard to beat, and if you can connect it to a non-Hetzner VPS, that might help stay out of trouble with Hetzner.

• @willie said:
    If you've been out of Hetzner for a while, I wonder if it is possible to apply for reinstatement. Storage Box is hard to beat, and if you can connect it to a non-Hetzner VPS, that might help stay out of trouble with Hetzner.

I’m 100% sure I can circumvent whatever methods they have in place to prevent me buying new stuff, but I fully intend to respect the ban. I’d rather give my money to a smaller independent provider anyway.

• Well I didn't mean circumvent, I meant something more like "ask nicely", but yeah an independent smaller provider would be great. Scaleway is pretty big. There are a few others whose names I don't remember. It feels like this stuff has gotten harder to find, maybe because of high EU energy costs.

• @willie said:
    Well I didn't mean circumvent, I meant something more like "ask nicely", but yeah an independent smaller provider would be great. Scaleway is pretty big. There are a few others whose names I don't remember. It feels like this stuff has gotten harder to find, maybe because of high EU energy costs.

Probably has. Refusing to go Hetzner or OVH is probably going to cost me, but I will not succumb to temptation.