BorgBase Halloween Promotion: 30% off for New Users, 10 GB Free Forever šŸ‘» šŸŽƒ

m4num4nu Hosting Provider

You know what's even scarier than old šŸ‘» or haunted šŸŽƒ? Losing your precious data! So if you haven't sorted out your backups yet or look to make them more reliable, we have a great promotion for you.

BorgBase offers simple and secure offsite backups based on Borg Backup. Here is why you should choose us over simple storage providers, if you have valuable data to back up:

• Get alerts on missed backups (email, Pushover, webhooks)
  • Append-only mode to protect existing data
  • Every repository in your account is isolated. No need to deal with sub-accounts.
  • Server-side clean-up: We take care of regularly compacting old data to make your backup runs even faster and save space.
  • Compression and deduplication to reduce space usage and transfers
  • Zero trust: Your data is encrypted locally and we never see its contents
  • Choose between EU and US backup locations for each repository or mix them as needed
  • Choose the Borg version to use, with version 2 (beta3) tested to be up to 3-5x faster for some operations.
  • All plans come with a flexible quota of up to 8 TB. So you can use the storage you pay for more effectively and cover temporary peaks.
  • We have the best documentation with copy & paste commands for many platforms, like Synology and Ansible.
  • Free expert support provided by maintainers of the software, who will help you solve most issues quickly.
  • We maintain Vorta, our own desktop backup client and sponsor the development of Borg, Borgmatic and Pika Backup to give you a large selection of great open source clients to use.

To celebrate Halloween and the upcoming release of Borg's next major version 2.0, we are offering 30% off all yearly plans for new users, who never had a paid plan. Just use code HALL22 during checkout before Nov 6.

Available plans:

• Free Plan, 10 GB: free forever
  • Small Plan, 100 GB: $16.8/year
  • Medium Plan, 1 TB: $56/year
  • Large Plan, 2 TB: $105/year

Prices are after discount, renewal after 1 year will be at full price.

We can also offer custom plans ($4-5/TB/month) for even greater storage needs.

Happy Halloween and always encrypt your backups! šŸ˜‰

Simple and secure Borg Backup hosting from $2/month: BorgBase.com

Tagged:

Comments

• I've been comfortably using rclone-crypt<->Backblaze B2 by using their free quotas,
    can I do the same in BorgBase? (yes i read the borgbackup doc, just don't feel like installing something else lol)

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• I'm still confuse about how to setup mysql backup (daily/weekly) to borgbase? maybe you can explain more details on docs?

@Encoders yeah me too, I don't know what is borgmatic yet, but I still can setup my daily backup to borgbase without it.

Iā€™m a simple man I see gifs, I press thanks

• I would pick up a small plan if there wasn't the 10 repository limit; I think it's a hard sell otherwise, since you're getting significantly worse value and less features compared to self hosting it.

Thanked by (1)Erisa
  • edited November 2022

@Encoders said:
    I've been comfortably using rclone-crypt<->Backblaze B2 by using their free quotas,
    can I do the same in BorgBase? (yes i read the borgbackup doc, just don't feel like installing something else lol)

BorgBackup works with a Borg client and a Borg server, it's all in Python. Yes you need to install a software for that. This is how this app is able to handle correctly few great features like dedup, incremental, etc.

@ariq01 said: I'm still confuse about how to setup mysql backup (daily/weekly) to borgbase? maybe you can explain more details on docs?

Use BorgMatic, it will make it a lot easier and it supports settings for MySQL and other db. BorgMatic is a layer on top of BorgBackup, basically kind of script made to create yaml configuration that are easy to read and edit.

@drunekndog said: you're getting significantly worse value

BorgBase is not only about a storage with BorgBackup server, it adds a lot of feature you can't have easily and in a HA way if you host yourself:

• your storage can be split as you want between US and EU regions
    • repositories quotas (you can lock a repo to 50gb if you want, and define what happens if you pass this limit)
    • backup monitoring (like you would do for example with healthchecks.io)
    • web gui to make it easier to set and check your repos
    • support
    Thanked by (1)ariq01

Site Reliability Engineer using DevOps mindset. High interest in so many hosting companies (VPN, Drive, Web, VPS, etc.) and believe in privacy.
    Opinions are my own.