we have made a new email hosting, can you give a review?

though it's still in development. our goal is to provide a cheap mailbox for all your domains. I know many buddies here have more than one domains.
https://xyamail.com/
criticize or encourage are welcome. thanks.

Comments

• edited October 2022

I can understand mail backup cost hard resources, but what's the reason DKIM is not included in cheaper version?

Have fun sending mail to microsoft, apple or google without it. If I'm paying for a service it's better be able to do everything (unless you explicitly never sending emails to those big daddy mail service)

edit, also want to know if you uses some sort of email filtering like eFa project

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @Encoders said:
    I can understand mail backup cost hard resources, but what's the reason DKIM is not included in cheaper version?

Have fun sending mail to microsoft, apple or google without it. If I'm paying for a service it's better be able to do everything (unless you explicitly never sending emails to those big daddy mail service)

Thanks for suggestion. the current version of cheap plan (we have several users on this plan) does not have DKIM just b/c they most time use the mailbox to get mails rather than sending. But if users do have this requirement, we will add the dkim for all plans. that's not the hard job.

edit, also want to know if you uses some sort of email filtering like eFa project

we don't use any filtering yet.

• @frakass said: Thanks for suggestion. the current version of cheap plan (we have several users on this plan) does not have DKIM just b/c they most time use the mailbox to get mails rather than sending. But if users do have this requirement, we will add the dkim for all plans. that's not the hard job.

well I guess that'll goes into marketing speak part, best of luck

@frakass said: we don't use any filtering yet.

good to know, honestly I'm kind of looking forward seeing providers sharing some tidbits from the mail service. personally I'm only experienced in setting up mail server on my own for an office environment and eFa does help. I'm sure mail provider will have wider range of usage in this field

• It's really weird that the Docs link at the top of the page goes to a FAQ hosted on Google Drive. Can't you put that information directly on your website? Your target demographic is presumably people who are trying to get away from the Google ecosystem...

Thanked by (1)frakass
  • @Ironia said:
    It's really weird that the Docs link at the top of the page goes to a FAQ hosted on Google Drive. Can't you put that information directly on your website? Your target demographic is presumably people who are trying to get away from the Google ecosystem...

thanks. I will do.

• Your website was huge turn-off for me. No details about server location, no terms, no refund policy, nothing.

• " You need to enable JavaScript to run this app. "

rip

Thanked by (2)Encoders Talistech
  • Been using gmail, hotmail, yahoo and such free providers for as long as i can remember.

• I am always suspicious of one-time payments and web sites who want my money, but don't want to reveal anything about the business (is it even a registered business?).

In what way are you better than the competition who have been around for a long time?

From your pricing it looks like it might make sense if you happen to have a lot of domains, but don't need much storage per mailbox/domain? Is that even a common use case?

• Still, a self hosted email with 3rd party SMTP (Mailgun/SES/ maybe mxroute) suits me the best till now.

Additionally, I'm using Google Free Workspace with the same domain to access all Google features (drive, doc, etc).

Not to be meant to hijack the topic btw.

Back to the topic, one time payment will be interesting if DKIM is supported. Maybe can be one of Mxroute successors?

• @coo said:
    Your website was huge turn-off for me. No details about server location, no terms, no refund policy, nothing.

sorry. We will update the content soon.

• @cmeerw said:
    I am always suspicious of one-time payments and web sites who want my money, but don't want to reveal anything about the business (is it even a registered business?).

We are not a registered company yet, but I have the plan to register it in Canada.

In what way are you better than the competition who have been around for a long time?

From your pricing it looks like it might make sense if you happen to have a lot of domains, but don't need much storage per mailbox/domain? Is that even a common use case?

yes for me and some friends i know, they have a lot of domains but just need a small mailbox for getting domain emails.

• @Fritz said:
    Still, a self hosted email with 3rd party SMTP (Mailgun/SES/ maybe mxroute) suits me the best till now.

We have the valid delivery results to those big players too.

Back to the topic, one time payment will be interesting if DKIM is supported.

Thanks for suggestion. DKIM can be enabled for all domains. It's just policy.

• @Neoon said:
    " You need to enable JavaScript to run this app. "

rip

elmao, should've seen that, I got deceived by the squirell menu at there

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@cmeerw said:
    I am always suspicious of one-time payments and web sites who want my money, but don't want to reveal anything about the business (is it even a registered business?).

In my experience, the most common use case is using one domain with one (or two) email(s), and storing dozens of gigabytes of emails, never downloading & removing them from the server. :)

Less common, but better (IMO) is downloading and deleting the emails from the mail server (storing them locally or on "your" cloud, with a backup if something is really important to keep).

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

@cmeerw said:

In my experience, the most common use case is using one domain with one (or two) email(s), and storing dozens of gigabytes of emails, never downloading & removing them from the server. :)

Less common, but better (IMO) is downloading and deleting the emails from the mail server (storing them locally or on "your" cloud, with a backup if something is really important to keep).

thanks for suggestion. the basic plan has 1gb storage included, which is primarily suitable for accepting registration/notification mail etc. since storage is cheap, if users do have the large disk requirement, we can increase it as well.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@frakass said:

@bikegremlin said:

@cmeerw said:

thanks for suggestion. the basic plan has 1gb storage included, which is primarily suitable for accepting registration/notification mail etc. since storage is cheap, if users do have the large disk requirement, we can increase it as well.

If you offere budget pricing (cheaper than MXroute as far as I can see), that could bite you in the ass when storage, and backup space (and time) pile up.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Wondering if this would work as a backup plan for my MXroute outbound only relay. Which I use from my mail servers to solve deliverability issues. So can I use this as an outbound relay from my email server for sending emails via port 587 with authentication ?
    If I purchase the one time payment plan and already have DKIM in the header sent by my email server would it be striped off ?
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• I don't like 'one time payment' plans. It tells me that the owner has no sense of sustainable business, or has sense, but is dishonest regarding his offer, which is even worse.

Actually i don't like any promotional plans, just tell me the real sustainable amount of money per month or year that would make you happy and i'll tell you if it suits me or not, no honeymoon.

• What software are you using?

• @FrankZ said:
    Wondering if this would work as a backup plan for my MXroute outbound only relay. Which I use from my mail servers to solve deliverability issues. So can I use this as an outbound relay from my email server for sending emails via port 587 with authentication ?

yes you can use smtp server as outgoing relay if your sending number don't reach the limit.

If I purchase the one time payment plan and already have DKIM in the header sent by my email server would it be striped off ?

No. we don't change any headers/bodies that will break the original DKIM.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @webctl said:
    What software are you using?

we are based on open source including postfix/dovecot/opendkim etc. My partner and I continue to contribute to open source projects (mail, DNS, tensorflow etc).

• @Janevski said:
    I don't like 'one time payment' plans. It tells me that the owner has no sense of sustainable business, or has sense, but is dishonest regarding his offer, which is even worse.

Actually i don't like any promotional plans, just tell me the real sustainable amount of money per month or year that would make you happy and i'll tell you if it suits me or not, no honeymoon.

thanks for your great suggestion jane. we will reconsider the pricing seriously.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@frakass can I get an invite code.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• thanks for your great suggestion jane. we will reconsider the pricing seriously.> @FrankZ said:

@frakass can I get an invite code.

sure. PM you.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • a few questions

do you have any screenshots of your interface?

how many IP addresses do you have for outgoing mail

will you actively handle the blacklists and suspend people fast? (I am not sending anything other than internal mail to myself for status reports etc and would not like them to be lost)

you mention earlier about adding DKIM to the $10 plan would that be on request, or you will roll that out to everyone in the future?

you specify that there is a limit of 20 domains, how about the limit on email addresses? or is it just a single email address with multiple alias on the domains?

• @dgc1980 said:
    a few questions

do you have any screenshots of your interface?

we don't use cookies for admin, so every interface you can see from the buttons in homepage.

how many IP addresses do you have for outgoing mail

currently 2 separated IPs as relaying out gateway.

will you actively handle the blacklists and suspend people fast? (I am not sending anything other than internal mail to myself for status reports etc and would not like them to be lost)

no. we don't block users unless they were sending spam truely.

you mention earlier about adding DKIM to the $10 plan would that be on request, or you will roll that out to everyone in the future?

yes. dkim is not the hard part, I could add it to every domain.

you specify that there is a limit of 20 domains, how about the limit on email addresses? or is it just a single email address with multiple alias on the domains?

we have no limits on email address since this is a catchall for your own domain. you can get only one mailbox. all domains' catchall addresses forward to this mailbox. you can send messages with domain email as well.

• @frakass said: since this is a catchall for your own domain. you can get only one mailbox. all domains' catchall addresses forward to this mailbox.

I wouldn't touch a catchall at all. This is such a weird setup that only really covers one tiny little use-case.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @cmeerw said:

@frakass said: since this is a catchall for your own domain. you can get only one mailbox. all domains' catchall addresses forward to this mailbox.

I wouldn't touch a catchall at all. This is such a weird setup that only really covers one tiny little use-case.

do you mean setup aliases by manual? for instance, [email protected] and [email protected] all forward to your mailbox?