Koofr Lifetime Deal from 24$ for 100GB, 48$ for 250GB and 112$ for 1TB [coupon expired]

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited November 2022 in General

Mod edit (8 Nov): the coupon code below is now expired.

Currently with code HOLIDAY20 you can get 20% off of Koofr's Lifetime Deal on Stacksocial: https://www.stacksocial.com/sales/koofr-cloud-storage-plans-lifetime-subscription-100gb

Prices (without taxes) are:

• 100GB: 24$
  • 250GB: 48$
  • 1TB: 112$

Koofr is a stable and stellar European cloud storage provider with some awesome features, such as linking your gdrive, dropbox and other cloud accounts, manage them from Koofr Dashboard and copy/move stuff around. Servers are running on Hetzner Infrastructure afaik, so speeds have been rocksolid. I've been using Koofr for a couple of years now, and @vyas is a also a happy long-term Koofr user afaik :)

Additional facts/info from their Website:

Koofr is a secure, privacy-oriented and EU-based cloud storage solution, present on the market since 2013. Its name is invented from words meaning a suitcase in various European languages, symbolizing a safe place for your files.

The company’s headquarters are located in Slovenia, while the users’ data is stored in highly secured data centres across the EU, guaranteeing compliance with the EU privacy legislation.

Managing/Adding multiple clouds under Koofr Dashboard:

Other features
- Koofr supports rclone afaik (I don't use rclone but: https://rclone.org/koofr/ )
- WebDAV support
- Backup WordPress with Koofr and WebDAV: https://koofr.eu/blog/posts/how-to-backup-your-wordpress-site-to-koofr-with-webdav
- https://koofr.eu/blog/posts/7-koofr-features-were-sure-youll-love
- Edit Documents/Presentations in the Cloud
- https://koofr.eu/blog/posts/backup-your-files-to-koofr-using-restic
- It just works. End of story.

1GB Speedtest file (1GB.bin test file I uploaded to my Koofr): Click

Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ

Comments

• i am very tempted

very.

specially because its Ympker.

Thanked by (3)Ympker root nick_
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@ehab said:
    i am very tempted

very.

And your boy @vyas <3

Thanked by (2)ehab vyas
  • @ehab said:
    i am very tempted

very.

Also extremely tempted. Should I wait for Black Friday though?

How are you... online?

edited November 2022

@root said:

@ehab said:
    i am very tempted

very.

I don't remember them running any better BF deals (not on their original website that is). Would probably come down to whether Stacksocial gets a 40% off all software coupon and whether it will be applicable to the Koofr "item" (some items can be exempted from specific coupons by the seller).

Edit: I apparently bought mine for 78$ on BF 2019. Might be worth waiting, though I don't remember it becoming that cheap the past years.

• @root said:

good question.

i am 99% sure they might do a 30-40%

I can wait. because i not in a hurry, the 20% can be forgotten when in need.

@ehab said:

@root said:

good question.

i am 99% sure they might do a 30-40%

I can wait. because i not in a hurry, the 20% can be forgotten when in need.

Update: My Deal back then seems to have been a BF offer on Stacksocial @ehab @root

Thanked by (2)ehab bakageta
  • the above price is a deal. So i lookforward for it.

Thanked by (2)Ympker tridinebandim
    edited November 2022

@ehab said:
    the above price is a deal. So i lookforward for it.

Not sure it'll get that cheap again, but perhaps around the 90$ish :)

@ehab @root 1GB test file just finished uploading : Click

Thanked by (2)ehab root
  • very good speed with curl it was 38MB/sec

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited November 2022

@ehab said:
    very good speed with curl it was 38MB/sec

Seems quite good :)

The download of the test file from Hetzner took me like 10 minutes.
    Uploading it to Koofr was like 7 minutes.
    Download from Koofr was 3 minutes.

@root what speed do you get?

• Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited November 2022

@ehab said:

You can also use it for WP backups: https://koofr.eu/blog/posts/how-to-backup-your-wordpress-site-to-koofr-with-webdav

Using XCloner (as in the tutorial) or any other WebDAV supported backup plugin :)
    @bikegremlin extra backup storage for you, my friend :)

• Black Friday is right around the corner, just 21 days. I can wait and take this gamble.

Thanked by (3)Ympker ehab nick_

How are you... online?

@root said:
    Black Friday is right around the corner, just 21 days. I can wait and take this gamble.

Yeah, should be worth waiting in this case. Anyway, I hope the thread is still helpful, for informative reasons :D
    Also 20% isn't so rare on Stacksocial, so if it's not 40$ on BF, I guess 20% could still be in it.

Thanked by (2)root nick_
  • @root said:
    Black Friday is right around the corner, just 21 days. I can wait and take this gamble.

yep, then we can live happily ever after

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

@root said:

Yeah, should be worth waiting in this case. Anyway, I hope the thread is still helpful, for informative reasons :D
    Also 20% isn't so rare on Stacksocial, so if it's not 40$ on BF, I guess 20% could still be in it.

Thank you for the offer. This is a great offer indeed, with or without Black Friday.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

How are you... online?

@root said:

@Ympker said:

@root said:

Thank you for the offer. This is a great offer indeed, with or without Black Friday.

Yeah, the 20% off pricing is already awesome. Especially, if you only want to grab a small 100GB plan for your photos or if you run out of free gdrive storage. Given that I paid 150€+ for pCloud 500GB, the 112$ aren't bad either.

• @ehab said:

@root said:

yep, then we can live happily ever after

Thanked by (2)Ympker ehab

How are you... online?

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Interesting that it support rclone

That's effectively 3 years of hetzner storagebox. Though that's with the rather sketchy assumption that hetzner doesn't more their $/TB for those years which seems implausible given storage trends

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2022

@havoc said:

That's effectively 3 years of hetzner storagebox. Though that's with the rather sketchy assumption that hetzner doesn't more their $/TB for those years which seems implausible given storage trends

Koofr +rclone is my lifeline for secondary backups.

Mrs swears by it too.

Big users of @koofr in the 🏡

That @Ympker deal for 1 TB under 80 euros was sweet one !!

<< Not tempted >>

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited November 2022

@havoc said:

No recurring fees is also tempting, though. Plus, in my case I wouldn't need more storage.

• edited November 2022

Damm
    I had bought it @ $140 😢
    around 4 months back

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @adwsislife said:
    Damm
    I had bought it @ $140 😢
    around 4 months back

Don't worry. Prepare for Black Friday. You can get more, much more space.

Thanked by (2)ehab Ympker

How are you... online?

• @Ympker said: The company’s headquarters are located in Slovenia, while the users’ data is stored in highly secured data centres across the EU, guaranteeing compliance with the EU privacy legislation.

Any idea what locations they use?
    My local ISP - second largest mobile phone network provider in my country offer additional 5GB on the top of the free 10GB koofr space for free.

edited November 2022

@Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: The company’s headquarters are located in Slovenia, while the users’ data is stored in highly secured data centres across the EU, guaranteeing compliance with the EU privacy legislation.

My local ISP - second largest mobile phone network provider in my country offer additional 5GB on the top of the free 10GB koofr space for free.

Iirc they are using Hetzner and perhaps others. Data gets stored on at least 3 servers within EU according to https://koofr.eu/blog/posts/how-safe-are-my-files-on-koofr

Since every disk can fail, our automated system ensures each file ends up in at least three physically separate locations. We make sure that metadata and the actual content are kept on separate layers, even on completely separate servers. All our servers are located in highly secured data centers inside the European Union (which is important to us, because we can guarantee compliance with EU privacy legislation). Automation combined with skilled technicians is constantly making sure the system is operating at its best.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • This is relevant to my interests.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited November 2022

@Nekki said:
    This is relevant to my interests.

Cthulu.mp4 has been submitted for you.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • Thanked by (2)Ympker ehab

How are you... online?

edited November 2022

@Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: The company’s headquarters are located in Slovenia, while the users’ data is stored in highly secured data centres across the EU, guaranteeing compliance with the EU privacy legislation.

Support just replied that all data is hosted in DCs in Germany as per their Privacy Policy where it is stated that

Our servers are hosted in the European Union, in Germany, in secure and protected, ISO 27001 certified data centers.

https://koofr.eu/privacy/

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • @Ympker said:

@Mumbly said:

Support just replied that all data is hosted in DCs in Germany as per their Privacy Policy where it is stated that

Our servers are hosted in the European Union, in Germany, in secure and protected, ISO 27001 certified data centers.

https://koofr.eu/privacy/

So... if energy is going up in European Union like crazy, how will they sustain such pricing model?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

How are you... online?