IPv6 Announcement LevelOneServers

Hello,

A few years ago we released IPv6 network-wide to our services. This began with offering /64 IPv6 standard on dedicated servers and 1 IPv6 standard with all VPS products. Year after year IPv6 has continued to grow in popularity and we have heard from the community to increase our IPv6 offerings. As such LevelOneServers is pleased to announce we have added /64 IPv6 subnets as a standard to all VPS plans purchased after 11-18-2022.
In addition to the increase in IPv6 default with our VPS plans, we offer the option to purchase additional /64s on VPSs and up to /48 on dedicated servers.

We are excited to also announce we now offer IPv6 LIR services.
With the addition of IPv6 LIR we are now offering /48 subnets for $20/per year
Details can be located at the following link: https://billing.leveloneservers.com/store/ip-prefixes/48-ipv6-address-space

If you are an existing client with a VPS from us, you can open a ticket in your client account to have a /64 added to your account.
Client area: https://billing.leveloneservers.com/login

Thank you,
Ian Dunlap
LevelOneServers.com

Comments

• @Ian_Dot_Tech looks 👌
    Do you offer ASN sponsorship?

Would like to get one setup and have a PI ipv6 space.

Thnx

• Ticket 127503 opened.
    If you can make it a routed /64 prefix (instead of an on-link prefix), you would join the elite group of Routed IPv6 Hall of Fame.

Thanked by (3)webcraft imok Ganonk

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• coldcold OG
    edited November 2022

welcome in 2022
    Musk is flying to the moon and you showoff with a /64 subnet ?
    if you buy from @terrahost or @tomazu VPS u get in certain location a /48 for free, not for 20$ a year WITH A JUSTIFICATION

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • Agreed, /64 is the minimum that should be assigned to a VM. Happy to see it's a thing now but I don't think it's worth a post.

• atomiatomi OG
    edited November 2022

Not saying any names (like Cun*Crossing) but some of the big players are still missing IPv6

• Some folks don't understand, let me translate.

The post is announcing that VPS at LevelOneServers will get more IPV6 by default. Also the option to buy additional IPV6 allocation.

Then it announces that for folks (like me) that like to have own / leased IPV6 (that can be used with other providers), it is now available for $20 a year. That's excellent.

For example there are providers that only assign one IPV6 IP in dedicated server. You could lease a /48 from LevelOneServers and announce it in that other dedicated provider that only gives 1 IPV6.

Also it is worth a post.

@Ian_Dot_Tech thanks for the services offered to this community.

Thanked by (3)skorous imok FrankZ
  • @localhost said:
    @Ian_Dot_Tech looks 👌
    Do you offer ASN sponsorship?

Would like to get one setup and have a PI ipv6 space.

Thnx

This is an interesting question.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • very cool update, well done.

I ain’t reading all that, but I’m happy for you though. Or sorry that happened.

• @yoursunny said:
    Ticket 127503 opened.
    If you can make it a routed /64 prefix (instead of an on-link prefix), you would join the elite group of Routed IPv6 Hall of Fame.

Why do service providers use large on-link prefixes that easily can fill the routers' neighbor caches when a customer wants to use a large sub-prefix over for example a VPN connection? (IP scanning which exists on IPv6 even if some sources say it doesn't, can cause DDoS like scenarios when you use proxy NDP on a IPv6 prefix that isn't very small.)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @Hxxx said:
    Some folks don't understand, let me translate.

The post is announcing that VPS at LevelOneServers will get more IPV6 by default. Also the option to buy additional IPV6 allocation.

Then it announces that for folks (like me) that like to have own / leased IPV6 (that can be used with other providers), it is now available for $20 a year. That's excellent.

For example there are providers that only assign one IPV6 IP in dedicated server. You could lease a /48 from LevelOneServers and announce it in that other dedicated provider that only gives 1 IPV6.

Also it is worth a post.

@Ian_Dot_Tech thanks for the services offered to this community.

there are also providers who give you a /48 by default! and there are a few free ipv6 tunnels /48,
    so yeah, its NOT worth a post.

Thanked by (2)Shot² fluttershy
  • @cold said: there are also providers who give you a /48 by default!

Are they provider independent or are you still not understanding the point?

Thanked by (1)Hxxx
  • @skorous said:

@cold said: there are also providers who give you a /48 by default!

Are they provider independent or are you still not understanding the point?

Yes, route48 will sign a LOA for you to announce a /48 with anyone, and doesn't charge you $20/year for it either. You can have five at once.

Thanked by (2)cold skorous
  • IF is free, then you are the product. Remember.
    I prefer to pay, thanks

• @Hxxx said:
    IF is free, then you are the product. Remember.
    I prefer to pay, thanks

IPv6 is basically a free resource at this point now anyways. Charging for it at all is the questionable bit. Route48 is run off of donated resources for the betterment of the internet, so there's no secret agenda there. Sort of like the HE tunnels, a lot of companies have an interest in facilitating the move away from IPv4.

• @fluttershy said:

Yes, route48 will sign a LOA for you to announce a /48 with anyone, and doesn't charge you $20/year for it either. You can have five at once.

I put that under his "and there are a few free ipv6 tunnels /48" not under providers. What provider gives you PII /48's?

I don't have a problem with a small fee ( $20/year is small to me ) for paperwork, etc... Otherwise go ahead and get your own allocation and pay the associated yearly fees.

• @skorous said:

@fluttershy said:

I put that under his "and there are a few free ipv6 tunnels /48" not under providers. What provider gives you PII /48's?

I don't have a problem with a small fee ( $20/year is small to me ) for paperwork, etc... Otherwise go ahead and get your own allocation and pay the associated yearly fees.

This isn't a tunnel, they will do the paperwork and let you announce the /48 anywhere you wish. Alternatively, you can tunnel, which is what I'm sure most people use Route48 for.

• @fluttershy said:

This isn't a tunnel, they will do the paperwork and let you announce the /48 anywhere you wish. Alternatively, you can tunnel, which is what I'm sure most people use Route48 for.

Yeah, I understood what you meant. I just clumped them in with the tunnel brokers because I'm sure that's what the majority of it's used for. They are definitely a very cool project.

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • I got around the setup the IPv6 /64 prefix.
    It seems that only the xxxx::1 address is usable.
    Other addresses (e.g. xxxx::2) are blocked.
    There's nothing seen on tcpdump if I ping such address from outside.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Hosting Provider

@yoursunny said:
    I got around the setup the IPv6 /64 prefix.
    It seems that only the xxxx::1 address is usable.
    Other addresses (e.g. xxxx::2) are blocked.
    There's nothing seen on tcpdump if I ping such address from outside.

Please throw in a ticket our networking team will fix this.