Micronode Instances - Launching Black Friday

124»

Comments

• @natvps_uk said:

@localhost said:
    @natvps_uk I just had some thoughts...

Slider
    A. add some default markers after each 64mb for easy selection. Same for disk with an arbitrary number like 5gigs.
    B. A text field where one can add an arbitrary number instead of trying to scroll through the slider

Defaults
    A. Once an instance is built, next time the config could be pre-selected

We don't store all of the details for each build so this isn't possible without some major rework.

B. Pre populate the hostname with something generic like uk_234m_3g_somerandonjunk (based on selections made)

This is easily done and may be an option although really setting the hostname is down to the end user.

C. Generate a default password and provide an option to show or copy to clipboard?

I think the SSH key approach seems more appropriate for this one, ideally we'd like to move away from root passwords entirely.

Check for password complexity... I was able to create one with an easy one. Now I know it's the users problem, but if the instance is infected with malicious script, it will be a problem for all.

Thanks!

Ahh should have nmentioned about ssh keys. But yeah that is the way to go.

Thanks for listening

• O one more thing, why would the details of previous instances not be stored?

• MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider

@localhost said:
    O one more thing, why would the details of previous instances not be stored?

They are cached per location but not on the panel, we only store the hostname and the os distro - not version.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • edited November 2022

Is there a ipv4 reverse proxy to host site?
    Like in natvps.uk ?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

@codelock said:
    Is there a ipv4 reverse proxy to host site?
    Like in natvps.uk ?

There is in FL but not on any other location yet.

The plan is to add loadbalancers within the console to allow people to get redundant IPv4 connectivity across multiple locations.

This likely won’t be live until next year though.

In the meantime there will be a proxy service setup on the UK, FR and CA nodes over the next month.

• Nice service. It is working without any glitches now. I think it was on the 20th, had created an ubuntu 20 instance in the finland node and couldn't connect to it. Haven't seen anything like that later with the other images.

As an enhancement, would suggest adding the ability to add a common ssh key and being able to have it as an authorized key in newly created instances.

• Hi! Was looking forward to trying out an instance but Invoice #597 got flagged as fraud. :(
    The stripe network doesn't seem to like the combination of my online bank and disposable spamgourmet email.
    I'm paranoid about giving companies my real (pristine, spam-free-for-years) email
    Can I get manually approved, or am I up a creek without a paddle?

• @ruets said:
    Hi! Was looking forward to trying out an instance but Invoice #597 got flagged as fraud. :(
    The stripe network doesn't seem to like the combination of my online bank and disposable spamgourmet email.
    I'm paranoid about giving companies my real (pristine, spam-free-for-years) email
    Can I get manually approved, or am I up a creek without a paddle?

Saw in another thread you underlined the need for accurate details to avoid fraud flags - most websites won't accept City fields over 25 characters long. Will create another account. Props for the quick support response

Thanked by (1)Micronode
  • edited November 2022

Hey! Is there a lookingglass site or test IP for the KR node?? Thx!

• Little nitpig - the support button in the management panel redirects to https://natvps.micronode.uk/clients.natvps.uk

Else, looking really nice so far =)

• edited November 2022

@N3tV0dka said: Hey! Is there a lookingglass site or test IP for the KR node?? Thx!

Vultr Korea.
    https://sel-kor-ping.vultr.com/

• @benz said:

@N3tV0dka said: Hey! Is there a lookingglass site or test IP for the KR node?? Thx!

Vultr Korea.
    https://sel-kor-ping.vultr.com/

thx!

• @go626201 said:
    Not sure why some default command not working? (Same issue on both micronode vps- debian and ubuntu both same issue)
    -bash: dpkg-reconfigure: command not found
    -bash: ping: command not found
    I thought those are basic package that will be installed? Or do I need to install those package in order to work with those commands?

Add export PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin" to your bashrc file

Thanked by (1)nick_
  • @beanman109 said:

@go626201 said:
    Not sure why some default command not working? (Same issue on both micronode vps- debian and ubuntu both same issue)
    -bash: dpkg-reconfigure: command not found
    -bash: ping: command not found
    I thought those are basic package that will be installed? Or do I need to install those package in order to work with those commands?

Add export PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin" to your bashrc file

Thanks! You just saved me.

Thanked by (1)beanman109
  • Not sure whether I missed something - but only yesterday when I ordered a "normal" VPS I once saw the £5.00 for the Micronode Instance Credit. But today - always £10.00. Today is Black Friday, or am I wrong? How to get the Black Friday offer? Thanks for any hints!

• @Eule said:
    Not sure whether I missed something - but only yesterday when I ordered a "normal" VPS I once saw the £5.00 for the Micronode Instance Credit. But today - always £10.00. Today is Black Friday, or am I wrong? How to get the Black Friday offer? Thanks for any hints!

50% off Coupon: bf2022

Thanked by (1)cochon
  • Take a guess: how long 'til MJJs make the Korea public IPv4 blocked?
    Or, is it deemed "exploded network" and not fragrant?

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @beanman109 said:

Thanks! This is what I missed. :-/

@benz said:

Little nitpig - the support button in the management panel redirects to https://natvps.micronode.uk/clients.natvps.uk

Else, looking really nice so far =)

This is fixed now, I hope you're enjoying the service!

Thanked by (1)benz

We've added more stock for instances!

Please be aware that these deals end tomorrow, micronode will return to its usual price of £10 per credit.

Order link: https://clients.natvps.uk/index.php?rp=/store/micronode-instances/1-credit
    Coupon: bf2022

Get them whilst you can! All locations are still available for provisioning.

• Very interesting concept, congratulations, gives me the chance to experiment with Alpine on varying spec. small memory OVZ VPS's without commitment.

But I've noticed a minor glitch, if I provision 3x (96MB + 4GB) and 1x (128MB + 4GB), I think I should have enough credit for another (96MB + 4GB) but cannot increase the sliders in this last case, I can only provision (64MB + 3GB), am I confused?

• My order is marked as fraud, could please check ticket #PIY-554063.

• @beanman109 said:

@Eule said:
    Not sure whether I missed something - but only yesterday when I ordered a "normal" VPS I once saw the £5.00 for the Micronode Instance Credit. But today - always £10.00. Today is Black Friday, or am I wrong? How to get the Black Friday offer? Thanks for any hints!

Is it recurring?

Why?

• @jmaxwell said:

@beanman109 said:

@Eule said:

Is it recurring?

It is not.

• edited November 2022

First impressions - support addressed the ticket I opened on Black Friday, ON Black Friday. Kudos.

Realized I had to install another package that needed more ram. No problem, resizing is awesome. Pipe bash history to file, nuke the instance, up the RAM, redeployed in minutes. With resources to spare for whenever AMS comes up.

Speeds are solid, very happy overall. Glad I went this route instead of a ridiculously priced pi4

Edit: One security/quality of life improvement - add a field on the instance creation page where we can paste keys for SSH certificate based authentication

Thanked by (1)Micronode