Free Self-Hosted Home Server License available by OnlyOffice (Web Office Suite)

kdhkdh
edited November 2022 in General

Free Self-Hosted Home Server License available by OnlyOffice.
If you haven't heard about it already, OnlyOffice is a Web Office Suite that can alternate your personal Google Workspace/Microsoft 365 needs.
You can also get a 50% discount for their cloud version if that fits you better.

You can check more at https://www.onlyoffice.com/blog/2022/11/black-friday-2022-with-onlyoffice/ for detailed information.

Tagged:

Comments

• Threadtitle should say OnlyOffice (which I had never heard of before) rather than OpenOffice. I wondered why the hell OpenOffice was offering any type of license. Up til recently it had been a FOSS suite of desktop apps, later forked into LibreOffice.

Thanked by (2)lemoncube Ympker
  • The end is nigh.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• I prefer their hosted solution instead.

Free for the first 5 user.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Title updated

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• What the hell am I doing here.
    I don't belong here.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2022

@willie said:
    Threadtitle should say OnlyOffice (which I had never heard of before) rather than OpenOffice. I wondered why the hell OpenOffice was offering any type of license. Up til recently it had been a FOSS suite of desktop apps, later forked into LibreOffice.

Libreoffice do charge now for Mac (and possibly win) appstore version

• @willie said:
    Threadtitle should say OnlyOffice (which I had never heard of before) rather than OpenOffice. I wondered why the hell OpenOffice was offering any type of license. Up til recently it had been a FOSS suite of desktop apps, later forked into LibreOffice.

Oops, sorry wrong title :cry:
    I have no idea why I put OpenOffice at that time

• Anyone received the free license?

• @localhost said:
    Anyone received the free license?

I got the license via email, but haven't tried to install though

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @matheny515 when did you contact them, and when did they reply? I did yesterday and so far no answer.

• @hyperton said:
    @matheny515 when did you contact them, and when did they reply? I did yesterday and so far no answer.

yesterday or so, and they replied within a day

Thanked by (1)hyperton
  • Thanks! Just checked, I got it now too.

• can anyone confirm onlyoffice has this kind of feature?

basically put a mark in pdf / images and comment it

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• Dang should have read this thread sooner. From home server version was only November 22-28, 2022.

• @tarasis said:
    Dang should have read this thread sooner. From home server version was only November 22-28, 2022.

You can still use CE if you want, though it has 20 session limits and doesn't have a mobile web view.
    There is even a NextCloud port version.