Black Friday '22 @ LowEndSpirit | Flash Deals + Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited November 2022

MS said:
    This BFCM, LES has become the new LECave or LEClub (LE for Low End, but could also be the French Le [The]).

And OGF is LEPoubelle

(I know it's really la)

Thanked by (1)_MS_
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2022

MS said:

@Murv said:

@Nekki said: Tell them to come here then. There's no reason to stay on LET unless you like seeing the same offers weekly, DustySpamBo and wildly inconsistent moderation.

Turns out I've got no comrades left there. What a failure of a weeb commander am I!
    Wildly inconsistent moderation? You got a ban or something?

This BFCM, LES has become the new LECave or LEClub (LE for Low End, but could also be the French Le [The]).

+1

• @MS said: This BFCM, LES has become the new LECave or LEClub (LE for Low End, but could also be the French Le [The]).

Maybe it's about time I move over the Weeb Club here.
    I have a feeling there are more virgi-*cough* cultured people here...

• @ralf said:

MS said:

And OGF is LEPoubelle

(I know it's really la)

Haha, brilliant :sweat_smile:

• @Murv said:

@MS said: This BFCM, LES has become the new LECave or LEClub (LE for Low End, but could also be the French Le [The]).

Maybe it's about time I move over the Weeb Club here.
    I have a feeling there are more virgi-*cough* cultured people here...

Here be rainbows. Armbands allowed.

Thanked by (1)chimichurri
  • Thanked by (2)Murv FAT32

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• The various yabs results are really making me want a VPS that has a single core score above 1k and blistering NVME (like from InceptionHosting, Hosthatch, liteserver, and others). Handful I have single cores ranging from 241 (online.net) to 726 (Hosthatch Storage deal from 3-4 years ago)

• Woah, Ojisan on the PFP, eh?
    Such a great anime, I still don't know why they stopped at EP7

Thanked by (1)chimichurri
  • Actually, episode 8 is out already =)

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @chimichurri said: Actually, episode 8 is out already

Woah, it's real!
    But I can't find a subbed one...

• @Murv said:

@Nekki said: Tell them to come here then. There's no reason to stay on LET unless you like seeing the same offers weekly, DustySpamBo and wildly inconsistent moderation.

Turns out I've got no comrades left there. What a failure of a weeb commander am I!
    Wildly inconsistent moderation? You got a ban or something?

No, I'm not banned (as far I know - I haven't logged for several months).

I'd previously operated on LET with a reasonable degree of freedom because the mods at the time knew I was at worst 'chaotic neutral' and didn't really have an ill-intent towards the forum and it's administrators/moderators. Then with the influx of new mods came a few folks who didn't like/understand the way I did business which resulted in considerably more backstage drama, and after a couple of minor skirmishes, form one source I was told the mods would chill out a bit a whilst some were coming on even stronger. I had a moment of clarity whilst having a lively (and weird) 'debate' with one of them whilst trying to watch some F1/cricket/some live sport and realised I was just wasting my limited time on this planet with all that jazz and needed to take a break. I did, and few months later my need to forum-based communications with a group of like-minded individuals led me here.

Selfishly, I wanted LET to go back to what I consider the golden times and I was looking to figure out a way to do that when I departed, but that's pure hubris on my part; LET is a commercial enterprise now and the owner wants to start making money, as is his right. If I don't like it, I should move on.

I've been contacted by the owner and some moderators since via PM (I know because you get the notifications via email sometimes) but never read the messages, for fear of getting dragged back in. I reckon that's probably for the best.

• @Murv said:

@chimichurri said: Actually, episode 8 is out already

Woah, it's real!
    But I can't find a subbed one...

Weeb, tell me you're watching Chainsaw Man and Akiba Maid War?

• @Nekki said: Selfishly, I wanted LET to go back to what I consider the golden times and I was looking to figure out a way to do that when I departed, but that's pure hubris on my part; LET is a commercial enterprise now and the owner wants to start making money, as is his right. If I don't like it, I should move on.

Can't blame ya. Even though I've prolly never been there in the "golden times" but I still kinda get whatcha mean.

@Nekki said: Weeb, tell me you're watching Chainsaw Man and Akiba Maid War?

You bet I freakin' do! I've completely caught up with Chainsaw Man, but I'm still on EP2 of Akiba Maid War.
    I'll never be able erase that puke kiss scene from my mind.

Other than those I'm also watching Urusei Yatsura (both the remake and the original), Spy X Family, Blue Lock, The Eminence in Shadow, Fumetsu no Anata e,Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita

This season is the best I've seen so far, so many great anime

• visualwebtechnovisualwebtechno Hosting ProviderOG

DirectAdmin Lifetime Reseller Hosting Flash Deal

Reseller Hosting DirectAdmin
    20 GB SSD space PM me invoice number will do extra 10 GB storage free for 12 Users only
    Unlimited Subaccounts
    Unlimited Emails
    Unlimited Domains
    2TB Bandwidth
    Location: Available in USA, and SG (Singapore, Asia) UK 7-8 days delivery
    Offer Price: $64/ Lifetime
    Stock: 15
    Order Now

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Murv said:

@Nekki said: Weeb, tell me you're watching Chainsaw Man and Akiba Maid War?

You bet I freakin' do! I've completely caught up with Chainsaw Man, but I'm still on EP2 of Akiba Maid War.
    I'll never be able erase that puke kiss scene from my mind.

It's such a messed up series, it's fantastic. I read the manga last year and it is genuinely insane. So much happens I have no idea how many series it'll take to finish the first arc.

AMW is worth sticking with, it's crazy.

Other than those I'm also watching Urusei Yatsura (both the remake and the original), Spy X Family, Blue Lock, The Eminence in Shadow, Fumetsu no Anata e,Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita

This season is the best I've seen so far, so many great anime

Yeah, there's a lot of good stuff, I'm also on S3 of Mob Psycho and The Witch From Mercury whilst trying to catch up MHA and Jujutsu Kaisen.

• @Murv said: great anime

Forgot to mention the greatest anime of all time, which transcends time and space... SENPAI CLUB!
    I can't thank @chimichurri -sama enough for enlightening my soul.

• edited November 2022

@visualwebtechno said:

Did I miss something? Why so long delivery time?

• @Nekki said: AMW is worth sticking with, it's crazy.

Of course I'm sticking with it, I'm a big fan of girls doing cute things. In this case it's... kawaii maids shooting people...

@Nekki said: The Witch From Mercury

Ah yeah I'm watching that too. I knew you wouldn't skip on that too.
    It's a really good one too, though I really do hate Miorine. I just can't get myself to like tsunderes...

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ehab said:
    where is @FrankZ

I rise, therefore, I am here.

Thanked by (2)tarasis localhost

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@ehab said:
    where is @FrankZ

Woke up to watch Mexico play? :)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • MS said:

@FrankZ said:

@ehab said:
    where is @FrankZ

I hope they spank Argentina. Always had a soft spot for Mexico, the talented, plucky underdogs in the World Cup.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Yes, go Mexico!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Nekki said:

MS said:

@FrankZ said:

@ehab said:
    where is @FrankZ

I hope they spank Argentina. Always had a soft spot for Mexico, the talented, plucky underdogs in the World Cup.

They have a terrific goalie (Ochoa).

If Argentina are the favourites, they should show it now by winning these two games.

• edited November 2022

@tarasis said:
    The various yabs results are really making me want a VPS that has a single core score above 1k and blistering NVME (like from InceptionHosting, Hosthatch, liteserver, and others). Handful I have single cores ranging from 241 (online.net) to 726 (Hosthatch Storage deal from 3-4 years ago)

Yeah, I was actually really impressed with HostCram's KVM-3C. I've been idling one for 4.5 months and it's very impressive (GB5: 1670, 4190) but I'll probably let it expire in another 1.5 months because I've really not used it for anything worthwhile at all.

I did think of picking up almost the same thing at $60 for a year, as I'm paying $21 per quarter (for 69GB SSD rather than 30GB), but then I realised I'll just end up idling that too, so I might as well let it go and then pay whatever price he's asking at the point I actually need it for something.

I'm also thinking that if I slowly let go of all my larger idlers I can justify getting a dedi to replace them.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Shakib
  • @ralf said:

I'm also thinking that if I slowly let go of all my larger idlers I can justify getting a dedi to replace them.

This is the way. At my peak, I had stuff spread around 19 servers and a dedi, because I was cheap and buying loads of cheap things.

Currently down to 5 small yearly VPS for VPN (one of which will go when it expires in mid-2023) and two dedis. Hoping to consolidate the dedis this BF.

Thanked by (3)matheny515 FrankZ ralf
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Nekki said:

MS said:

Thank you very much for you good wishes. (we will need all the help we can get)
    My hope is we beat them 3-1. (0-0 so far) If we beat Argentina the whole country will be one big party.
    That is one of the things Mexicans are good at, we know how to party.

Thanked by (1)Nekki

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @LES-BOT said:
    From @Advin (Advin Servers) -

Only five are in stock...

Specifications
    High Frequency (1 vCPU)
    4GB DDR4 Memory
    20GB SATA SSD
    1 Gbps Network (1TB)
    Dedicated IPv4 Address

Locations Available:
    Miami, FL
    Los Angeles, CA
    New York, NY
    Dallas, TX
    Amsterdam, NL
    Coventry, UK
    Istanbul, TR
    Mumbai, IN
    Tokyo, JP

Price: $6/year

Order link
    https://bf-4gb-kvm-dalesunebwydi.advinservers.com

5 Maximum

omg, pls restock

• Did I miss anything good?

• @imok said:
    Did I miss anything good?

Quite a lot of large breasts, so just the usual really.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ imok
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@Nekki said:

@imok said:
    Did I miss anything good?

Quite a lot of large breasts, so just the usual really.

And the GIFs of large breasts, too

Thanked by (3)Nekki FrankZ imok