WANTED: Dedicated server with iGPU

Hello friends, I'm hoping someone can assist me in tracking down my current white whale this Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I'm looking for the following spec:

• CPU with passmark of approx 5k with iGPU
  • 8GB RAM minimum
  • 3-4TB usable HDD minimum
  • 1Gbit connection minimum
  • modest data transfer requirements after initial data transfer in (around 3TB) is completed.
  • Western Europe location - UK preferred

Currently these needs are met by two servers (with WalkerServers and Terrahost, both excellent) at a cost of about €37/month and I'd like to consolidate to save time moving data and maybe even save a few EUR.

The closest I've come to meeting these requirements is a Hetzner auction i7 2x4TB, at a cost of €40 EUR, which is a) more money and b) I have a poor relationship with Hetzner (don't ask) so is not an option.

Can any kindly soul suggest a reputable provider with a server that might meet my requirements, or would an even more kindly provider by prepared to offer me a deal that would excite and delight?

Thanked by (1)localhost

Comments

• edited November 2022

In case somebody feels tagged: Tagged: willy, small penis, vaginas

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @webcraft said:
    In case somebody feels tagged: Tagged: willy, small penis, vaginas

interestingly, both 'small penis' and 'vaginas' were existing tags.

Thanked by (2)webcraft localhost
  • Will be watching this eagerly - in the same boat! Thinking of dropping my SYS-2-SAT-32 16TB edition because the 250mbps limit's getting a bit annoying when pulling files off it

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • edited November 2022

@discocat said:
    Will be watching this eagerly - in the same boat! Thinking of dropping my SYS-2-SAT-32 16TB edition because the 250mbps limit's getting a bit annoying when pulling files off it

Some servers, especially those in France headquarter, have 1Gbps egress IPv6 bandwidth.
    Since your HDD is 16TB.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• @bliss said:
    Some servers, especially those in France headquarter, have 1Gbps egress IPv6 bandwidth.
    Since your HDD is 16TB.

Checked and unfortunately not :anguished:

Got 10 gig in, but 250mbps out

On a slightly related note, if anyone wants it, happy to transfer the account

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • @discocat said:

On a slightly related note, if anyone wants it, happy to transfer the account

Good luck with that.

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • skorupionskorupion Services Provider
    edited November 2022

@discocat said: On a slightly related note, if anyone wants it, happy to transfer the account

I think they banned transfers, but you can still try, I have a tutorial somewhere in my discussions

Edit: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/3779/how-to-transfer-a-kimsufi-server#latest

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• Bump it up, still looking!

• LetMeBeSadLetMeBeSad Hosting ProviderOG

I'm not an official service provider here, but I might work something out for you(sorry if I'm not eligible to do that), but that would be "VDS".

Basically, the specs which I could offer

• 12 dedicated vCores (3900X)
    • 12GB RAM
    • 4 TB dedicated HDD (we can setup nvme cache at no cost if needed, so will boost disks speeds to the air)
    • 20 Gbit/s uplink. Shared among 4 users.
    • Can be managed/used as a seedbox (no public trackers). I can configure and tune it for seedbox beast performance, which includes network/VPS/BitTorrent client tuning :)

I have 2 of these available, so might somebody will be interested :). The price will be cheaper than dedi tho, so if you wish we can discuss it in private.

You will have full control of your VM via the control panel.

Post-payment, after you receive it - you can test it for as long as you like and tell me your verdict, will you stick with it or not.

P.S. Payment can be made through Paypal as goods and services.

Spaceberg.cc - Your favorite Seedbox provider!

• edited November 2022

@LetMeBeSad said:
    I'm not an official service provider here, but I might work something out for you(sorry if I'm not eligible to do that), but that would be "VDS".

• 12GB RAM
    • 4 TB dedicated HDD (we can setup nvme cache at no cost if needed, so will boost disks speeds to the air)
    • Can be managed/used as a seedbox (no public trackers). I can configure and tune it for seedbox beast performance, which includes network/VPS/BitTorrent client tuning :)

I have 2 of these available, so might somebody will be interested :). The price will be cheaper than dedi tho, so if you wish we can discuss it in private.

Post-payment, after you receive it - you can test it for as long as you like and tell me your verdict, will you stick with it or not.

Wow, this looks tempting... so what are we looking at? $7/ month?

/s

Will PM

@localhost Just not to flood here, you can ask any question in which you're interested via PM :)

• Honestly that's the deal I was looking for during black friday!

• @LetMeBeSad said:

• 12GB RAM

Thanks guy, that’s a fairly sweet offer, but I want a fully dedicated server rather than a (very meaty) slice of the bigger pie.

Thanked by (1)LetMeBeSad
  • @LetMeBeSad said:

• 12GB RAM

As this is half a 3900X, I'm guessing that should be 128GB?

edited November 2022

Indeed. 3200 MHz. ECC.

• @LetMeBeSad said:

• 12GB RAM

Can I use it for 36 months before I decide? Also I ONLY use for public adult trackers.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @chris said: public adult trackers

http://whereiselonmusk.com/

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • Walkerservers will happily "resell" a specific Hetzner configuration for you as well - so if you're happy with them, you can pop in a ticket and request for them to order a specific Hetzner configuration and have it ready for you. That might be the path of least resistance considering you're happy with your self-identified i7 2x4TB.

Alternatively, if you're OK with OneProvider, there are a few Paris configurations that may work for you but their support (esp. hardware related) is reputedly non-existent. YMMV.

You're really better off with Walker and co fronting you for the Hetzner.

• @nullnothere said:
    Walkerservers will happily "resell" a specific Hetzner configuration for you as well - so if you're happy with them, you can pop in a ticket and request for them to order a specific Hetzner configuration and have it ready for you. That might be the path of least resistance considering you're happy with your self-identified i7 2x4TB.

Alternatively, if you're OK with OneProvider, there are a few Paris configurations that may work for you but their support (esp. hardware related) is reputedly non-existent. YMMV.

You're really better off with Walker and co fronting you for the Hetzner.

The Hetzner server is over budget - but if I really wanted that one it would be trivial to navigate the restriction without breaking any rules.

I didn’t see anything from OneProvider that met requirements last week - I’ll have another look.

• Qhoster and legionbox companies can be right for you.
    Just check out their plans and choose the best one for your needs.

• @Williams said:
    Qhoster and legionbox companies can be right for you.
    Just check out their plans and choose the best one for your needs.

Shill much?

Thanked by (1)veren01
  • @chris said:
    Can I use it for 36 months before I decide? Also I ONLY use for public adult trackers.

i didn't know you can screw sideways like that.

• NekkiNekki OG
    edited December 2022

Still looking. Nothing on OneProvider, WalkerServers do an i7 cheaper than Hetzner but still more expensive than the 2 servers I currently have. In desperation I even looked at Kimsufi but their I-series only have small SSDs.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Nekki said:
    In depseration I even looked at Kimsufi

Who are you and what have you done with Nekki?

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero ehab
  • @ralf said:

@Nekki said:
    In depseration I even looked at Kimsufi

Who are you and what have you done with Nekki?

Ikr

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Nekki why are you not looking in the right place? The answer is WebNX or sister company GorillaServers (cheaper). Cheapest storage servers ever. Look at previous offers in the legacy blue forum by filtering for either of those. Is all by email so you must have some patience. Or if you have access to their helpdesk ask there.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Hxxx said:
    @Nekki why are you not looking in the right place? The answer is WebNX or sister company GorillaServers (cheaper). Cheapest storage servers ever. Look at previous offers in the legacy blue forum by filtering for either of those. Is all by email so you must have some patience. Or if you have access to their helpdesk ask there.

They don't do anything in Europe as far as I can tell, and none of the storage servers have iGPUs.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • HxxxHxxx OG
    edited December 2022

@Nekki I thought location was optional. My bad. In regards to iGPUs. i9 includes some form of integrated GPU or ? Anyway here is a Ryzen...with the G of Nekki's G-spot.
    For example Mr....
    AMD Ryzen 5700G 8 Core, 128G RAM, 2x 1TB NVMe ** Only 1G port server $109
    That's latest WebNX thread over the legacy blue forum.

In WebNX anything can be customized so you can ask to swap those NVMe with spinning.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Hxxx said:
    @Nekki I thought location was optional. My bad. In regards to iGPUs. i9 includes some form of integrated GPU or ? Anyway here is a Ryzen...with the G of Nekki's G-spot.
    For example Mr....
    AMD Ryzen 5700G 8 Core, 128G RAM, 2x 1TB NVMe ** Only 1G port server $109
    That's latest WebNX thread over the legacy blue forum.

In WebNX anything can be customized so you can ask to swap those NVMe with spinning.

Location isn't optional, the only but that's optional is a London location.

My budget is €37 max, any more and it's not worth consolidating.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • I think you should just pinky swear with H that you won't return it within a few days and see if they'll have you back.