EUServ wants money from free plans now.

rootroot OG
edited December 2022 in Industry News

There is a new fee added on EUServ for free VPS servers with IPv6 only. Now EUServ wants 2.46 EUR as one-time fee for all V2-free plans. This may be regarded as some form of setup fee added later (now). My guess is this has something to do with energy price in European Union, therefore as electricity price increases they might try to add more setup fees like this.

If it's worth it or not, it depends on what people need I guess, though I know I shall now cancel this one.

How are you... online?

Thanked by (1)tarasis

Comments

• Inflation.

Thanked by (2)root Ganonk
  • The end is nigh.

Thanked by (3)root AuroraZero Ganonk

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

didnt find them usable

Thanked by (3)root AuroraZero nick_

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• It was there way before this energy price thing popped up.

Why?

• @jmaxwell said:
    It was there way before this energy price thing popped up.

And yet now I must pay. VT2-free was free, not now.

Thanked by (1)Pwner

How are you... online?

• Asking setup fee after 2 years is kind a lame, specially if VPS has IOwait 30-80% all of the time. I'm not going to pay

Thanked by (2)yoursunny adly
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

Although I have no inside information, I would expect that this is going to be more of a maintenance fee than a setup/one time fee.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @root said:

@jmaxwell said:
    It was there way before this energy price thing popped up.

And yet now I must pay. VT2-free was free, not now.

Well that sucks

Why?

• I suspect the majority will ditch theirs, I use it as an occasional testbed for new packages or setups and it's often horrendously slow.

Have never really understood this offering, as a loss leader it gives a very negative view of their service, I'd have to think hard before taking a paid plan.

• rootroot OG
    edited December 2022

@cochon said:
    I suspect the majority will ditch theirs, I use it as an occasional testbed for new packages or setups and it's often horrendously slow.

Have never really understood this offering, as a loss leader it gives a very negative view of their service, I'd have to think hard before taking a paid plan.

At 2.46 EUR just for IPv6, one could get a NAT with IPv6. Add the fact that EUServ is extremely slow, so this plan becomes an obvious answer.

I still believe it might have something to do with energy price increase in European Union; this is an European provider after all, so it's governed by the same "wonderful" politics of our "great" leaders in EU. It's not a provider's fault that energy is becoming a luxury; it's just politics - so I don't blame EUServ, instead I actually thank them for trying to offer something for free.

How are you... online?

• canceled, its trash anyway... i know wer should not complain about free stuff, but now that its not free anymore its TRASH

Thanked by (3)root tarasis Pwner
  • tarasistarasis OG
    edited December 2022

Just tripped over this today. After missing that their "free" storage service was only for a year, and requiring 3 months notice before discontinuing that service ... its a not a chance in heck of me giving them an additional €2.

• My server was deleted yesterday because I refused to pay for such an extremely slow VPS. Maybe I would have paid if this server was worth it (not so slow), but that's irrelevant for me now.

It was good while it lasted. One can't judge or criticise something which is free anyway. Thank you EUServ.

How are you... online?

• Decided to cancel my precious Euserv Free server as it is idling for many months.

It was a good experience with them.

Thanked by (2)Ympker admax
  • Has anyone ordered V2-free with IPv4(1€/m)?

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited January 2023

@Fritz said:
    Decided to cancel my precious Euserv Free server as it is idling for many months.

It was a good experience with them.

Fwiw, they've been offering this for a long time now, haven't they?
    Good while it lasted

• @nebabi said:
    Has anyone ordered V2-free with IPv4(1€/m)?

It works, but you still need to do the contract renewal. And in my experience with a system from there, a power off+on every few weeks is required, because the system just seems to become unavailable regularly.

• I paid 10$ with paypal

• @bobqu said:
    I paid 10$ with paypal

How did you like Paypal?

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said:

@bobqu said:
    I paid 10$ with paypal

How did you like Paypal?

Is there any cheaper way?

• @bobqu said:

@Brueggus said:

@bobqu said:
    I paid 10$ with paypal

How did you like Paypal?

Have you tried Western Union?

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said:

@bobqu said:

@Brueggus said:

@bobqu said:
    I paid 10$ with paypal

How did you like Paypal?

Have you tried Western Union?

Haven't
    How it cost?

• @bobqu said:

@Brueggus said: