Comments

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

What do y'all think about adding a higher price ceiling for VDS

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• @skorupion said:

No.
    Provider would be selling 2008-era dedicated core for ridiculous price.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@yoursunny said:

@skorupion said:

No.
    Provider would be selling 2008-era dedicated core for ridiculous price.

Do these even exist nowadays?

• DewlanceDewlance Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2022

Maximum price should be recurring?

For Example:
    Plan: Shared
    Price: $3/mo for the first 12 months then $11/mo.

Dewlance - Affordable Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMCS Addon - DemoTiger Video KB - Tutorial Videos for Hosting Providers.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Dewlance said:
    Maximum price should be recurring?

For Example:
    Plan: Shared
    Price: $3/mo for the first 12 months then $11/mo.

Prices are not required to be recurring. Though, nobody likes non-recurring offers ;)

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Price limit rules are suspended for offer posts between Nov 25, 2022 and Nov 28, 2022 in the spirit of BF/CM.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2022

Moved to cest pit since it is a suggestion

• Can anybody explain what is OG tag?

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    Can anybody explain what is OG tag?

It can be whatever you want it to be.

For me it was, and is, Official Groupie :smiley:

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    Can anybody explain what is OG tag?

• Oblivious Gimp
    • Oral Gangrene
    • Old Git
    Thanked by (2)AuroraZero AlwaysSkint
  • Original Gansta

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

On Dec 1st, 2022 the following rule was added to: How to get a Hosting Provider or Services Provider tag:

The member requesting a Hosting Provider tag must be of legal age to make contractual obligations in their country of residence.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@FrankZ said:

On Dec 1st, 2022 the following rule was added to: How to get a Hosting Provider or Services Provider tag:

The member requesting a Hosting Provider tag must be of legal age to make contractual obligations in their country of residence.

No more teen hosteses!?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @FrankZ said:

Did @Otus9051 or @skorupion attempt to request a provider tag?

@yoursunny said:

@FrankZ said:

Did it before the 1st so no problem

• @skorupion said:

@yoursunny said:

@FrankZ said:

Did it before the 1st so no problem

If you’re not of legal age to make contractual obligations there is most definitely a problem.

Thanked by (1)tarasis
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@Nekki said: If you’re not of legal age to make contractual obligations there is most definitely a problem.

Idk how to view the situation personally. They're the legal age to register a company in the UK, where is the line drawn?

@MichaelCee said:

@Nekki said: If you’re not of legal age to make contractual obligations there is most definitely a problem.

Idk how to view the situation personally. They're the legal age to register a company in the UK, where is the line drawn?

Well, preferably on a glass table. :)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• @MichaelCee said:

As per the rule, I guess - legal age to form a contract in their own country so we can call Interpol when they steal our money.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2022

@Nekki said:

@MichaelCee said:

As per the rule, I guess - legal age to form a contract in their own country so we can call Interpol when they steal our money.

IMO If a person is of legal age to register, or be listed as an officer of a company, one can expect that the country in question considers them of legal age to make contractual obligations.

I listed the date the rule went into effect in my above comment as a janitorial duty so that it was clear that only members requesting a hosting provider tag after Dec 1st, 2022 would be effected by that rule.

• Hey Guys,
    How are you all. I am Ritik From textrahost.
    I am new here, and we are run an hosting company from more than 3 years old.
    we are ISO 9001:2015 certified, also we have Registered GST number.

Is their need any Permission to post an Hosting or vps offer here ?
    If need than how can I apply for it ?
    Please guide me.

Thank you!

• @Textrahost said:
    Hey Guys,

Please guide me.

Thank you!

Maybe try reading the very first post in this thread?

• @Textrahost said:
    Hey Guys,

Please guide me.

Thank you!

Hi Riki,

It’s easy to get permission to post an offer! I just need a payment of $200 in Bitcoin and the ability to post offers will be unlocked! PM me for more details.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • ISO 9000 certification seems to be cheap these days.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

Rule adjustment under Rules for posting offers: made Jan 30th, 2023 to clear up any ambiguity.

The dedicated server setup fee can be a maximum of 1 month equivalent of server cost, only providers that have been established for 3+ years may charge a setup fee on dedicated servers.

To:

Setup fees are not allowed on any service other than dedicated servers. The dedicated server setup fee can be a maximum of 1 month equivalent of server cost, only providers that have been established for 3+ years may charge a setup fee on dedicated servers.

• @FrankZ said:
    Rule adjustment under Rules for posting offers: made Jan 30th, 2023 to clear up any ambiguity.

Thread title is still updated December 1st, 2022.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited February 2023

Temporary provider maximum price and posting limit rule waiver added.

Maximum price and posting limit rules will not apply on February 14th, 2023 (GMT)

EDIT February 15th:
    Temporary provider maximum price and posting limit rule waiver removed.
    Offers placed on February 14th, 2023 are still valid and do not count toward posting limit rules.

Thanked by (3)skorous alento bikegremlin

@FrankZ said:
    Temporary provider maximum price and posting limit rule waiver added.

Maximum price and posting limit rules will not apply on February 14th, 2023 (GMT)

:)

Ljubav = LOVE :)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @FrankZ said:

Only 12 more years and I can apply! Yaaaaay

• As seen from the case of Stromonic:

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/5655/stromonic-now-requires-all-client-accounts-to-be-verified-or-suspension-of-services-may-result#latest

Hosts must state if they require KYC (passport, bill proving address etc.) when selling their products. After paying, customers shouldn't be bombarded, without prior notice, with KYC threat (if not, your service will be suspended).