Changes to NatVPS

Comments

• MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider
    edited December 2022

Offer would violate rules because £7/month exceeds $7/month limit, most of the time.
    Even if it's $7/month, I wouldn't buy because it's more effective developing locally with hardware I can touch.

I believe its considerably higher for a dedi.

$70 p/month Maximum for Dedicated server offers (Setup fee can be a maximum of 1 month equivalent of server cost, only providers that have been established for 3+ years may charge a setup fee.)

• Hello @natvps_uk
    I just found no login information in the "additional information" when I tried to log into the control panel. I've tried previous username in the login notification email and my password, but failed.
    Is it possible for you to help? Thanks.

LYE-989930

MicroLXC is lovable.

@bliss said:
    Hello @natvps_uk
    I just found no login information in the "additional information" when I tried to log into the control panel. I've tried previous username in the login notification email and my password, but failed.
    Is it possible for you to help? Thanks.

LYE-989930

Hi @bliss, we’ll get this sorted for soon.

Thanked by (2)bdl bliss

Our Micronode website is now live: https://micronode.uk/

We've integrated this with the Micronode platform as closely as possible and we're pretty happy with the results. We've added a real time network status page and a looking glass which is available from all locations.

Looking Glass: https://micronode.uk/lookingglass/
    Network Status: https://micronode.uk/status/

• @natvps_uk said:

We've integrated this with the Micronode platform as closely as possible and we're pretty happy with the results. We've added a real time network status page and a looking glass which is available from all locations.

A quick question, is the limit on how many instances can be created is being imposed. I see usually one can create up to 8 in a 512 mb credit.

@contactwajeeh said:

@natvps_uk said:

A quick question, is the limit on how many instances can be created is being imposed. I see usually one can create up to 8 in a 512 mb credit.

It’s not a strict limit, simply a recommendation.

Thanked by (2)contactwajeeh bliss
  • @natvps_uk said: Our Micronode website is now live: https://micronode.uk/

Just a couple of discrepancies I noticed:

1) The card at the top says 20GB storage for FR NAT VPS 256MB whereas the order page says 5 GB.
    2) Then in the table, it says £3 Anually for FR 256MB whereas the order page says £2.50.

I guess both are just remains of too quick a copy-pasta.

Thanked by (1)Micronode
  • I still haven't logged into your panel to check out my $2 VPS. Or was is two pounds? Anyhow...

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • edited December 2022

@natvps_uk , could you kindly add "traffic usage" for the "legacy" VPS in the new control panel?

My traffic usage doesn't exceed the quota in most (if not all) months, but I don't want accidental suspension because of overuse. It would be convenient if traffic usage is displayed or could be looked up via API.

Thank you.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• great, any chance asia (singapore) node?

Thanked by (2)Micronode sh97

@bliss said:
    @natvps_uk , could you kindly add "traffic usage" for the "legacy" VPS in the new control panel?

My traffic usage doesn't exceed the quota in most (if not all) months, but I don't want accidental suspension because of overuse. It would be convenient if traffic usage is displayed or could be looked up via API.

Thank you.

We can’t, at least not quickly. I’d be happy to give you the opportunity to move to a node with limited bandwidth though.

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • @natvps_uk said: We can’t, at least not quickly. I’d be happy to give you the opportunity to move to a node with limited bandwidth though.

Never mind, as long as you can display it before my next invoice due date (about 11 months later), I would be highly satisfied.
    I don't want to bother you too much, because I just paid 3 GBP yearly. So far so good.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• sorry, maybe i miss of information from web micronodes.uk. is kvm, openvz, or lxc?

@abangnoob said:
    sorry, maybe i miss of information from web micronodes.uk. is kvm, openvz, or lxc?

Its either LXC or OpenVZ currently.

We have KVM plans coming soon.

Thanked by (1)abangnoob

Migration Announcement

All VMs on the following node: uk-1.nat.natvps.uk will be migrated to a new node on January 28th 2023.

How do I know if I am on this node?

Your private IPv4 Address will be on the following subnet: 10.100.1.x

Why is this migration taking place?

The current server is old, we purchased this server when NatVPS was founded, over the last year the monthly price of this server has increased almost 4x. Not only this but the hardware is poor in comparison to our latest offerings, the disks are slowly dying and it is basically becoming unmaintainable.

We don't want the performance and stability of this node to reflect on our quality of service and we also do not want to increase costs. A migration is the only option at this point.

Your external IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses WILL change. We will communicate your new IPs a week prior to the migration to allow everyone to prepare.

We are offering everyone the chance to self migrate!

If you would like to migrate before this time please open a ticket and specify the location you would like to migrate to. We will be offering migrations to our UK, FR and CA nodes.

All users that self migrate will receive DOUBLE the RAM allocation that you currently have.

How does a self migration work?

We will allocate a new VPS to your Micronode account for 7 days to allow you to transfer everything over, after this 7 day period your existing VPS will be terminated.

What if I do not self migrate?

Your VPS will be down for up to 8 hours on Saturday 28th January 2023. Once your VPS comes back online it will have new IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses. Your data should remain intact although we recommend you take backups prior.

Where is the new node located?

The new node will be hosted with OVH and located in London.
    We understand that OVH is not everyone's first choice however please understand that we are not increasing costs for our service which is already incredibly cheap. The alternative would have been to increase prices by 4x from the next billing cycle.

If you are still completely against being hosted within OVH we will offer pro rata refunds where over 4 months of the billing period is remaining.

We hope everyone understands the need for this migration, we're affected greatly by the price increases being not only a small provider but also at our highly competitive prices. The user experience on the new nodes will also be a vast improvement.

• i love the doubles --- created a ticket :) thanks

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • I think the performance has more than doubled. :)

@lemoncube said:
    I think the performance has more than doubled. :)

Thats great! Thanks for self migrating :)

• edited December 2022

I've just received a server migration mail.
    Since i am not currently using the service this server change changes everything for me.
    I don't know how am i going to contiue my life after this.
    Reality is just not what it seemed to be. Now that the IP is going to change, i'll have to start looking things from a different perspective. We have lost our reference point and our moral compass.

• @Janevski said:
    I've just received a server migration mail.
    Since i am not currently using the service this server change changes everything for me.
    I don't know how am i going to contiue my life after this.
    Reality is just not what it seemed to be. Now that the IP is going to change, i'll have to start looking things from a different perspective. We have lost our reference point and our moral compass.

Well why don't you visit the resident LES therapist and talk through your feelings? I am sure you will be to come to terms with this disheartening setback.

Thanked by (2)Janevski FrankZ
  • @AuroraZero said: Well why don't you visit the resident LES therapist and talk through your feelings? I am sure you will be to come to terms with this disheartening setback.

Who is our therapist? I need to talk wih him ASAP. People just won't quit talking about this most boring thing ever called European footbal. They're everywhere, omnipresent, omnipotent, omnivalent, omnivores.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @Janevski said:

@AuroraZero said: Well why don't you visit the resident LES therapist and talk through your feelings? I am sure you will be to come to terms with this disheartening setback.

Who is our therapist? I need to talk wih him ASAP. People just won't quit talking about this most boring thing ever called European footbal. They're everywhere, omnipresent, omnipotent, omnivalent, omnivores.

I would have to say it is @imok. He is a good guy and seems to care about us all, but you never know he could want to make us all into a stew. Oh wait no that is me sorry.

Thanked by (2)Janevski FrankZ
  • @AuroraZero said: I would have to say it is @imok. He is a good guy and seems to care about us all, but you never know he could want to make us all into a stew. Oh wait no that is me sorry.

Using the kitty as a stress ball thing is always nice.
    Cats truly have stress absorbing properties. They turn into dough and you can mash all the stress into them. :relieved:

• Good morning.

Thanked by (4)FrankZ Janevski ehab ralf
  • @natvps_uk

Understood, will ask for migration when I have spare time.

The problem with OVH is only Routing.
    Not gonna ask for pro rata refund either for £2/year. 😀

Just info, Finland location is off and I can't deploy an instance there.

• Self migration seems a reasonable choice.
    Customers are offered doubled memory as compensation or balance refund instead of forced expelling or arrogant bullshits.
    Given high inflation recently, I have to say natvps is great in his attitude towards business.
    Thank you.

MicroLXC is lovable.

@Fritz said:
    @natvps_uk

Understood, will ask for migration when I have spare time.

The problem with OVH is only Routing.
    Not gonna ask for pro rata refund either for £2/year. 😀

Thanks Fritz

Just info, Finland location is off and I can't deploy an instance there.

Finland is currently out of stock for instances, I can’t see any issues with the node though.

I’m looking for a little bit of help from our clients in China.

We’re looking at ways to allow orders from China again and we have a few options but I need to get a few things clarified.

Is cryptocurrency widely used within China?
    To prevent chargeback fraud this is looking like the best option.

Would a location such as Romania, Netherlands or Bulgaria be suitable or is UK/US a must?

Would Hong Kong be preferable over European locations?

Is IPv4 a must? Would there be a market for IPv6 only services within China?

• @imok said:
    Good morning.

That cat is just way too cool. :sunglasses: :relieved:

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @natvps_uk said:
    I’m looking for a little bit of help from our clients in China.

I'm not living in China but I know a bit about the market.

We’re looking at ways to allow orders from China again and we have a few options but I need to get a few things clarified.

Is cryptocurrency widely used within China?
    To prevent chargeback fraud this is looking like the best option.

The only legal cryptocurrency in China is 数字人民币 digital yuan.
    Others are illegal.

Most popular payment methods are WeChat Pay and Alipay.
    Both do not have chargeback.

Would a location such as Romania, Netherlands or Bulgaria be suitable or is UK/US a must?

This doesn't matter as long as you have straight line aka good connectivity.

Would Hong Kong be preferable over European locations?

If the connection doesn't detour through USA, it's preferred.

Is IPv4 a must? Would there be a market for IPv6 only services within China?

China is pushing hard for IPv6 deployment.
    IPv6-only services could be valuable.
    It's better if you have shared IPv4 for outbound connection but not inbound.
    This way, if someone installs VPN, the connection from China must go over IPv6 and wouldn't get the shared IPv4 blocked, while VPN clients can still access external IPv4 sites.

Thanked by (3)Advin tototo wankel

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.