Free old server HW - Just pay shipping

I’ve got some old server boards which I’m planning on sending for disposable. If anyone wants them let me know, cover the shipping cost and they are yours!

Board 1:
̶I̶n̶t̶e̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶S̶3̶4̶2̶0̶G̶P̶R̶X̶ ̶-̶ ̶X̶e̶o̶n̶ ̶X̶3̶4̶3̶0̶ ̶4̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶e̶s̶ ̶8̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶s̶

Board 2:
Supermicro x7 - Dual core C2D 2GB RAM

Board 3:
Supermicro x7 - Dual core C2D 2GB RAM

I’m in the UK but can ship anywhere if costs are covered.

Thanked by (2)DataRecovery Ganonk

Comments

• I know it hurts. but just dispose them already. ;-)

Thanked by (3)ehab lentro fluttershy
  • Ohh gosh this stuff is old. Older than 10 year hardware. I wonder who's looking for this but good luck, better than throwing right into the bin.

• MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider
    edited December 2021

Wrong account...

Thanked by (1)lemoncube
  • @Falzo said:
    I know it hurts. but just dispose them already. ;-)

I don’t like throwing stuff away if people can use it!

@webcraft said:
    Ohh gosh this stuff is old. Older than 10 year hardware. I wonder who's looking for this but good luck, better than throwing right into the bin.

I’d expect the x3430 to go - I’ve got 8GB DDR3 to throw in with it.

Thanked by (1)DataRecovery
  • I considered the X3430 for playing with - that's an ATX board isn't it?

But then I've also been trying to have a clear out myself...

• MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider

@Mr_Tom said:
    I considered the X3430 for playing with - that's an ATX board isn't it?

But then I've also been trying to have a clear out myself...

Yeah its ATX, if you want it let me know!

• @jamesmd said: I don’t like throwing stuff away if people can use it!

that's the thing. people can NOT use it, get over it. we all have stuff like that in our basement and feel bad about letting it go to waste because it might still work and such. trust me. you might get it out of your sight. it will clog another basement or movement box soon.

rather take care that it gets properly recycled - THAT might make a difference. ;-)

no offense buddy, just sayin'

• I used to have some old laptops from 1995 at home. I got them in 2010 😂 I run Winamp once and never seen them again.

Just get rid of them.

• The X3430 Board has gone - I doubt anyone is going to want the x7 stuff so it will be going for disposal next week.

• edited February 2022

@Falzo said:

@jamesmd said: I don’t like throwing stuff away if people can use it!

that's the thing. people can NOT use it, get over it. we all have stuff like that in our basement and feel bad about letting it go to waste because it might still work and such. trust me. you might get it out of your sight. it will clog another basement or movement box soon.

rather take care that it gets properly recycled - THAT might make a difference. ;-)

no offense buddy, just sayin'

But good computers are meant to run forever.
    My desktop that i am using is from 2010. [Display from 2004 or 2006? something like that.]
    The nginx web server i had for years was an old Lenovo A6000 Android 4.4.4 phone and a 32GB sdcard.
    It's not over, until it's over. :anguished:
    We can, cybernetically enhance it.
    Nevermind efficiency.
    Just push the throttle.
    Faster, stronger, better.

• Personally, I consider anything older than Haswell level garbage in 2022.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:
    Personally, I consider anything older than Haswell level garbage in 2022.

Intel 3rd gen i7's still fine assuming you don't mind the exploits older hardware has.

Recommended hosts:
    Letbox, Data ideas, Hetzner

• Personally, I consider anything older than Skylake level garbage in 2022.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I love SuperMicro, but those are definitely some old server boards there.

VPS providers to check out:

• @chitree said:
    I love SuperMicro, but those are definitely some old server boards there.

In OP's defense, they weren't as old back in 2021, when he opened the thread.

Thanked by (3)AuroraZero skorous ialexpw
  • edited December 2022

@user123 said:

@chitree said:

Our people have a saying, "you don't look into the teeth of a gifted horse", which means one should not be picky about gifted free stuff, thus one should not inspect and complain about the teeth and age of a free horse, it is what it is, take it or leave it.

Thanked by (3)AuroraZero tetech FrankZ
  • @Janevski said:

@user123 said:

@chitree said:

Our people have a saying, "you don't look into the teeth of a gifted horse", which means one should not be picky about gifted free stuff, thus one should not inspect and complain about the teeth and age of a free horse, it is what it is, take it or leave it.

Sorry as was not complaining, just was an observation. SuperMicro is still one of the best server board manufacturers today too.

• @chitree said:

@Janevski said:

@user123 said:

@chitree said:

Sorry as was not complaining, just was an observation. SuperMicro is still one of the best server board manufacturers today too.

Since you're new, please check dates to avoid respecting ancient threads.

• @skorous said:

@chitree said:

@Janevski said:

@user123 said:

@chitree said:

Since you're new, please check dates to avoid respecting ancient threads.

What's wrong with respecting ancient ones? Aren't you supposed to respect your elders?

• Is door #4 still available?

• He meant don't dig up old threads by responding to it.

Thanked by (3)AuroraZero FrankZ skorous

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• Stupid auto correct

• edited December 2022

@terrorgen said:
    He meant don't dig up old threads by responding to it.

But people digging up old threads are a perfect opportunity for me to shitpost... What else would i post about? Relevant stuff? Can you name like one good technical advice i've ever given?

• @Janevski said:

@terrorgen said:

But people digging up old threads are a perfect opportunity for me to shitpost... What else would i post about? Relevant stuff? Can you name like one good technical advice i've ever given?

Don't buy Apple or Microsoft.

Thanked by (1)Janevski
  • I have a Gen 7 HP Microserver N54L with 8GB RAM in California if anyone is interested. It has the updated BIOS to unlock the 5th SATA port. Pay the shipping and it’s all yours.

• edited December 2022

Trash these dinosaurs. These are not worth the shipping cost.

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Janevski said:

@terrorgen said:

I for one, greatly enjoy your shitposting. There is an art that some have for it that others can only attempt to imitate.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero Janevski

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• What's wrong with respecting ancient ones? Aren't you supposed to respect your elders?

lmao

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I'm going to close this thread now to avoid continued necro posts, as these server boards are long gone.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin webcraft

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

This discussion has been closed.