Dallas VPS (30% off limited avail. promo) on Ryzen 3950X/3900X

MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG
edited January 2020 in Offers

Happy New Year LES-bians.

Here is a limited use (15) promotion code for any Dallas KVM VPS. These run on Ryzen 3900X and 3950X CPUs with datacenter/enterprise NVMe in RAID. While it may not be the deal of the century, I'm certain the value will be seen by users with important applications.

Promo: spirit30

1GB RAM
1 Core (3.5-4.7GHz)
15GB NVMe
3TB Bandwidth
1 IPv4, 1 IPv6
$3.50/mo with promo
https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=12

2GB RAM
2 Cores (3.5-4.7GHz)
30GB NVMe
5TB Bandwidth
1 IPv4, 1 IPv6
$7/mo with promo
https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=13

Notes:
Open a ticket after ordering requesting an extra CPU core be added for free. Systems are connected at 1Gbps to 10Gbps. Once promo use runs out, no more will be added. All VPS have a 3 day / 72 hour refund period no questions asked.

Looking Glass:
https://dal.lg.extravm.com/

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
Yours truly.

Comments

• Can existing customers with ryzen get another core? : ))

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@dev said:
    Can existing customers with ryzen get another core? : ))

Sure, PM.

Thanked by (2)dev uptime

Yours truly.

• I grab 4GB RAM. Will post benchmark later

Thanked by (2)MikeA uptime
  • @MikeA said:

@dev said:
    Can existing customers with ryzen get another core? : ))

Sure, PM.

Wait, what?!

Does that include customers that availed of the introductory Ryzen promo, or is it asking too much already? :smiley:

• LOL at the KFC famous recipe tag :-)

Nice offers there!

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

@casadebamburojo said:

Wait, what?!

Does that include customers that availed of the introductory Ryzen promo, or is it asking too much already? :smiley:

I don't mind, PM me the IP or open a ticket.

Thanked by (2)uptime casadebamburojo

Yours truly.

• Well, all the few current Ryzen providers are prem stuff. Can't go wrong with any. BUY NOW!

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @MikeA said:
    value will be seen by users with important applications.

^ this

@poisson said:

Well, all the few current Ryzen providers are prem stuff. Can't go wrong with any. BUY NOW!

and Pay with Confidence! :scream:

There are very few providers that I would ever recommend unconditionally with no ifs ends or butts - extraVM stands out among the prèm de la prèm in my book. Super solid stuff.

:+1:

Rock on @MikeA! Very much looking forward to seeing moar extra ryzen VM's in 2020 :)

Thanked by (3)FAT32 poisson Mason

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

@uptime said:
    Very much looking forward to seeing moar extra ryzen VM's in 2020 :)

Have no fear, I plan to daisy chain four Ryzen chips together with CPU to USB adapters to provide the exponential power.

Yours truly.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2020

$3.08 per month on annual payment after discount ...insane

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @vyas said:

You can consider pre-ordering @seriesn's LA if you are not in a rush. He doesn't have 3950X VPS, though. That's exclusive premium potassium which currently only @Delong and @MikeA can deal.

Thanked by (1)seriesn

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:

@vyas said:

You can consider pre-ordering @seriesn's LA if you are not in a rush. He doesn't have 3950X VPS, though. That's exclusive premium potassium which currently only @Delong and @MikeA can deal.

Not trying to Hijack Bossmans thread, but for a vps 3900x is better than 3950x ;)

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • @poisson said:

@vyas said:

That's an interesting point that really made me think about it, and you're right. It's a very exclusive club.

Where @seriesn may lack slightly in 3950X, he more than makes up for by being a genuinely friendly guy with some seriously awesome added bonuses and customer appreciation. Plus that LA pre-order is so hard to resist, I literally have to keep off the site to restrain myself. I don't need more idlers (or do I?)

Thanked by (1)seriesn

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @seriesn said:

@poisson said:

@vyas said:

Not trying to Hijack Bossmans thread, but for a vps 3900x is better than 3950x ;)

I disagree. 1.5x cores are available, so it’s less crowded = better, shouldn’t it?

• @dev said:

@seriesn said:

@poisson said:

@vyas said:

I disagree. 1.5x cores are available, so it’s less crowded = better, shouldn’t it?

Eh. That depends from one provider to another.

I know Mike don’t pack up his nodes to a point where everyone is breathing on each other neck. I can say the same about us. I also know providers who sells swap as ram and sell 10x user per core.

So there’s that :)

Thanked by (2)uptime dahartigan
  • seriesnseriesn OG
    edited January 2020

@dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@vyas said:

That's an interesting point that really made me think about it, and you're right. It's a very exclusive club.

Where @seriesn may lack slightly in 3950X, he more than makes up for by being a genuinely friendly guy with some seriously awesome added bonuses and customer appreciation. Plus that LA pre-order is so hard to resist, I literally have to keep off the site to restrain myself. I don't need more idlers (or do I?)

Thanks for the kind words boss :). As I said, stay tuned for more.

That’s a judgement call you gotta make now sir Borat! Pricing won’t be cheaper once preorder is done/Oos.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • @seriesn said:

@dev said:

@seriesn said:

@poisson said:

@vyas said:

I know Mike don’t pack up his nodes to a point where everyone is breathing on each other neck. I can say the same about us. I also know providers who sells swap as ram and sell 10x user per core.

The single core score are almost the same, 1.5x more cores per 128GB RAM. Maybe in cost performance the 3900x might be better for the provider but 3950x should be better for the clients : )

• What is best in vps?

• @dev said:

@seriesn said:

@dev said:

@seriesn said:

@poisson said:

@vyas said:

The single core score are almost the same, 1.5x more cores per 128GB RAM. Maybe in cost performance the 3900x might be better for the provider but 3950x should be better for the clients : )

You missed the point I made brother :( on a fair share scenario, your average usage will be same to similar and also depends on the company and you know exactly what I mean :)

Anyways, @AnthonySmith Let's clean up this thread and maybe we can move this to cest pit?

• @dahartigan said:

You can consolidate everything into 3 beastly machines: one EPYC, one 3900X and one 3950X. That's hell of an unholy trinity.

• @dev said:

@seriesn said:

@poisson said:

@vyas said:

Here is another way to look at it. Fewer physical cores means more headroom to increase clock frequency and increase performance because in a server setting, there is no way to have sophisticated cooling setups. :)

• devdev OG
    edited January 2020

@poisson said:

@dev said:

@seriesn said:

@poisson said:

@vyas said:

Here is another way to look at it. Fewer physical cores means more headroom to increase clock frequency and increase performance because in a server setting, there is no way to have sophisticated cooling setups. :)

Overclocking isn’t possible with RS though : / in any case, this should be moved somewhere. ExtraVM is prem, shouldn’t disturb an offer thread with another offer.

Thanked by (1)samm

Higher frequency on less cores doesn't mean anything for a VPS, definitely when it's only a 100Mhz difference. If it was great I would have kept continuing with i7's and i9's. Same reason I quit using those for Minecraft and instead user higher core Ryzen now for those too. The 3900X and 3950X will never be overloaded, I know for sure.

For anyone who ordered and wasn't setup, it will be shortly, there are some issues with Solus that I didn't expect to have to deal with that's preventing setup.

Thanked by (4)dev uptime poisson seriesn

Yours truly.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@MikeA just shout up or flag if you want a clean up, few people have flagged it but it all looks like healthy conversation to me.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @MikeA said:
    Higher frequency on less cores doesn't mean anything for a VPS, definitely when it's only a 100Mhz difference. If it was great I would have kept continuing with i7's and i9's. Same reason I quit using those for Minecraft and instead user higher core Ryzen now for those too. The 3900X and 3950X will never be overloaded, I know for sure.

For anyone who ordered and wasn't setup, it will be shortly, there are some issues with Solus that I didn't expect to have to deal with that's preventing setup.

tldr; buy your AMD VPS nowwwwww

@poisson said:

@MikeA said:

tldr; buy your AMD VPS nowwwwww

no, just my opinion.

Yours truly.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited January 2020

that's just, like ... your opinion man!

I've had a 2 GB ram extravm ryzen 3900 in Dallas for a while now - just did a geekbench to see what the new extra core had to say for itself :)

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15093472

Single core: 5581
    3 cores: 13319
    (Debian 10.2 kernel 4.19.0-6-amd64 / disk is setup as LVM on LUKS)

Monitored steal time during the multi-core bench - pretty much 0.0, with a very occasional flicker to 0.1

seems legit - superior potassium confirmed

• @uptime said:
    that's just, like ... your opinion man!

I've had a 2 GB ram extravm ryzen 3900 in Dallas for a while now - just did a geekbench to see what the new extra core had to say for itself :)

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15093472

> Single core: 5581
    > 3 cores: 13319
    > (Debian 10.2 kernel 4.19.0-6-amd64 / disk is setup as LVM on LUKS)
    > 

Monitored steal time during the multi-core bench - pretty much 0.0, with a very occasional flicker to 0.1

seems legit - superior potassium confirmed

BUY AMD!!!

New promotion for Sydney, Australia KVM VPS!

15% off recurring using code 15sydney2020

https://extravm.com/billing/cart.php?gid=34

512MB RAM
    7GB SSD
    200GB @ 200Mbps
    1 IPv4, 1 IPv6
    DDoS Protected
    $2.97/m

1GB RAM
    15GB SSD
    400GB @ 250Mbps
    1 IPv4, 1 IPv6
    DDoS Protected
    $4.25/m

Promotion stacks with quarterly/semi-annually/annually billing cycle discounts of 4%, 8%, 12%.
    Promotion code is limited to 10 uses.
    Sydney KVM VPS are hosted on the OVH network.

Thanked by (2)uptime poisson

Yours truly.