Managed mastodon hosting

Looking for a vps

4-8 Gb ram
2-4 cores
100gb disk space

Managed with offsite backups (just someone to do it for me and take the hassle out of it)

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chip

Comments

• What location

• @NVMeNetworks said:
    What location

Doesn't really matter... im in the UK so somewhere with good/acceptable connectivity to there

• @chip said:

@NVMeNetworks said:
    What location

Doesn't really matter... im in the UK so somewhere with good/acceptable connectivity to there

https://www.clouvider.com/managed-hosting/

The next in line to the throne.

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@chip said:
    Looking for a vps

4-8 Gb ram
    2-4 cores
    100gb disk space

Managed with offsite backups (just someone to do it for me and take the hassle out of it)

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chip

Virtual server with 2 vCore CPU, 4GB RAM, 100GB HDD, 10TB @ 2Gbps bandwidth, 100Gbps anti-DDoS protection, dual stack IPv4/IPv6 network, and various services including load balancer, IP failover, vSwitch, backup, firewall, and snapshots. Option to add additional network interface via SIIX peering port.
    €6,56/month
    What type of managing do you need?

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.
    🚀 VPN for €5/year 🚀 | Follow us on Telegram

• CalinCalin Hosting Provider

Hello @chip try https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/ddr3-ram-vps unfortunity it s unmanaged VPS but create a cron-tab for automatically update

Regards
    Calin

• I was looking around before I set up my own Soapbase (Pleroma) instance and had those two saved in my bookmarks:

Didn't try any of them though, so can't provide any more information...

• @Calin said:
    Hello @chip try https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/ddr3-ram-vps unfortunity it s unmanaged VPS but create a cron-tab for automatically update

Regards
    Calin

As a provider what did you just tell him to do?

• @Calin said: unfortunity it s unmanaged VPS but create a cron-tab for automatically update

wot

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @c1vhosting said:

@chip said:
    Looking for a vps

4-8 Gb ram
    2-4 cores
    100gb disk space

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chip

Virtual server with 2 vCore CPU, 4GB RAM, 100GB HDD, 10TB @ 2Gbps bandwidth, 100Gbps anti-DDoS protection, dual stack IPv4/IPv6 network, and various services including load balancer, IP failover, vSwitch, backup, firewall, and snapshots. Option to add additional network interface via SIIX peering port.
    €6,56/month

I want someone to do the setup/ hand holding (day-to-day management) for me... its only going to be for me and a few friends/family (at worst)

• The problem you will run into is not the cost of the server it is the cost of the Admin to do it.

Most management of this type of thing does not come cheap and if it does you will likely not like the outcome.

Someone available 24/7 to do maintenance and fix broken things is a hot commodity now a days.

• Indeed; to be honest you're probably better off looking for a dedicated mastodon hoster (I think masto.host are open again) rather than a managed VPS.

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@chip said:

@c1vhosting said:

@chip said:
    Looking for a vps

4-8 Gb ram
    2-4 cores
    100gb disk space

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chip

€6,56/month

I want someone to do the setup/ hand holding (day-to-day management) for me... its only going to be for me and a few friends/family (at worst)

It's something we can provide at a low fee, please DM me.

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.
    🚀 VPN for €5/year 🚀 | Follow us on Telegram

• Another option to consider (if you're comfortable suckling at Cloudflare's teet) - https://github.com/cloudflare/wildebeest

• @c1vhosting said:

@chip said:

@c1vhosting said:

@chip said:
    Looking for a vps

4-8 Gb ram
    2-4 cores
    100gb disk space

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Chip

€6,56/month

It's something we can provide at a low fee, please DM me.

I've DM'd you

Thanks

Chip

• I strongly recommend that you separate the VPS provider and the offsite backups to two independent entities. I would also verify the restore process before you go live. It is no fun to troubleshoot restore issues while the system is down. Just ask the FAA about NOTAM. :-(

Thanked by (3)chip lemoncube tarasis