Some updates coming to Central.so

aquaaqua Hosting Provider

This email was just sent out:

Hello {$client_first_name},

This email contains a ton of important information regarding updates to Central.so

Name Change

It is with great pleasure to announce that we've finally decided to change our name! After constant messages, we've decided to bite the bullet and swap it over. This does not affect anything about our services, just the name! A new website will also be done during this transition!

Central.so -> EasyVM.net

We will keep the Central.so domain, and have everything auto-redirect everything over. Bookmarks will not need to be updated.

This change will be happening on Friday, 27th January 2023. We will hold a maintenance period and perform upgrades to our backend during the same time. Please monitor https://status.central.so for updates.

Hardware Update

Our first 3900x Node has been provisioned and our overall 200th Node! We will still keep our trusty E5 servers as a "Budget" lineup to still have something to offer to those who do not need the performance of Ryzen. We're moving our focus over to newer hardware, to stay up to date with the current market and its desires.

We will start provisioning them in Dallas and then NY.

Update

We have been rummaging around to see what the best options are and are slowly closing down on one. We are planning to open Europe and then venture on to APAC (probably SG)

Nothing is yet set in stone, but we've had tons of requests to offer these locations!

Network Update

We've finally been allocated our own ASN -- https://bgp.he.net/AS26930! We're happy about this because our plan is to expand out and add more transit to overall lower our bandwidth costs.

There's a lot to intake from this email, if you happen to come across any questions, please feel free to send us an email -- [email protected]

Finally, I want to thank everyone for your patronage.

Best Regards,

Central.so/EasyVM Team

Comments

• @aqua said: Network Update
    We've finally been allocated our own ASN -- https://bgp.he.net/AS26930! We're happy about this because our plan is to expand out and add more transit to overall lower our bandwidth costs.

Will this have any impact on the ongoing IPv6 outage in NYC?

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• aquaaqua Hosting Provider

@Brueggus said:

@aqua said: Network Update

Will this have any impact on the ongoing IPv6 outage in NYC?

This will finally fix the issues with IPv6, and we will update disk speeds as well.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus
  • @aqua said: Name Change

Central.so -> EasyVM.net

Why? Renaming looks like an unstable position.

• @wholecake said:

@aqua said: Name Change

Central.so -> EasyVM.net

I mean, EasyVM.net definitely stands out more as a company name for someone selling servers / VPS's rather than central.so
    If I was a customer who had never heard of neither companies, I could take a good guess at what EasyVM.net sells but not central.so

@beanman109 said:

@wholecake said:

Central.so -> EasyVM.net

I mean, EasyVM.net definitely stands out more as a company name for someone selling servers / VPS's rather than central.so
    If I was a customer who had never heard of neither companies, I could take a good guess at what EasyVM.net sells but not central.so

This is what me and my team decided on. There is no mention of host, VM, servers, or VPS in our current name. People just think we are some website from Somalia and immediately turn away.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2023

@aqua said:

@beanman109 said:

@wholecake said:

Central.so -> EasyVM.net

This is what me and my team decided on. There is no mention of host, VM, servers, or VPS in our current name. People just think we are some website from Somalia and immediately turn away.

Yes, lots of people have no NOTION about Notion, they see the .so tld and run away too. Very, very shady company from Somalia they are.
    Poor company lost so many customers because of that !

Thanked by (3)yoursunny imok aqua

@vyas said:

@aqua said:

@beanman109 said:

@wholecake said:

Central.so -> EasyVM.net

Yes, lots of people have no NOTION about Notion, they see the .so tld and run away too. Very, very shady company from Somalia they are.
    Poor company lost so many customers because of that !

We've had numerous instances of people asking if we are based out of Somalia, etc.

We are keeping the domain, and unfortunately sucking up the high renewal price on it, but we are creating a service that we want to be perfect and not have to do this later on.

• CloudieCloudie Hosting ProviderServices Provider

will you offer BEE GEE PEE?

@Cloudie said:
    will you offer BEE GEE PEE?

Soon™

• @aqua would you mind answer the tickets... I kinda wait for 2 days now...