Billing software compliant with EU VAT requirements?

mannenmannen Hosting Provider

Hi all,

As you might know in the EU we need to display prices including VAT if we are targeting end user customers.
For example if I'm selling web hosting for EUR10, then the page needs to say EUR10 and then when they click though to order review/confirmation it needs to be split up in ex vat, vat and total.

I've tried Clientexec and it does not have the possibility to display prices with VAT.

Is there any other billing software out there that is reasonably priced (or can be had for free with hosting)?

RIPE LIR

Comments

• Yes, there are several billing software solutions that comply with the EU Value-Added Tax (VAT) requirements. Here are a few examples:

Zoho Books - Zoho Books is a cloud-based accounting software that allows you to manage invoices, expenses, and bills. It includes features for automatically calculating VAT and generating VAT reports.

Xero - Xero is another cloud-based accounting software that includes features for VAT compliance, such as automatic VAT calculation and the ability to generate VAT returns.

QuickBooks - QuickBooks is a popular accounting software for small businesses. It includes features for VAT compliance, such as the ability to track VAT transactions, calculate VAT on invoices, and produce VAT reports.

FreshBooks - FreshBooks is a cloud-based invoicing and time-tracking software that includes features for VAT compliance, such as the ability to set VAT rates and automatically calculate VAT on invoices.

These are just a few examples, and there are many other billing software solutions that can help you comply with the EU VAT requirements. It's important to research and compare different options to find the one that best fits your needs.

-- ChadGPT

Thanked by (1)havoc
  • edited February 2023

Each EU country has it's own nuances for billing related questions. Only locally adapted software is valid. Muricans live more relaxed as they don't have draconian accounting laws of EU countries.

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG
    edited February 2023

hostbill , one-time might sound high but it's affordable in the long run

• mannenmannen Hosting Provider

Thanks, maybe I need to clarify. I'm not looking for accounting options, I'm set there already.
    I'm looking for billing solutions where a client can order a service, enter their details etc that would have plugins with for example DirectAdmin, cPanel, registrars etc.

RIPE LIR

@Abdullah said:

Thanks, I'll check! They have a lot of payment gateways but I need to look into the different modules, what is included in which license etc. For example VIES module costs $99 but I still can't figure out if it can display prices incl VAT and it seems there is no demo either.

RIPE LIR

• Side question: Muricans don't pay EU VAT when purchasing services from providers in the EU right?

Asking because a provider insists that I pay VAT, even though I am a Murican.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

@terrorgen said:
    Side question: Muricans don't pay EU VAT when purchasing services from providers in the EU right?

Correcy, non-EU residents don't have to pay VAT.

Thanked by (1)terrorgen

RIPE LIR

• @terrorgen said:
    Side question: Muricans don't pay EU VAT when purchasing services from providers in the EU right?

Stay away from that provider.

Thanked by (1)terrorgen

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!!

edited February 2023

@mannen said:

@Abdullah said:

Thanks, I'll check! They have a lot of payment gateways but I need to look into the different modules, what is included in which license etc. For example VIES module costs $99 but I still can't figure out if it can display prices incl VAT and it seems there is no demo either.

Yes it can display prices inclusive of VAT or exclusive of VAT as per configuration,

PM if you want me to test anything else :)

Thanked by (1)mannen

@Abdullah said:

@mannen said:

@Abdullah said:

Yes it can display prices inclusive of VAT or exclusive of VAT as per configuration,

PM if you want me to test anything else :)

Thanks @Abdullah, however from that screenshot it's clear that Hostbill does not support showing prices incl VAT:

What I need is that the prices encircled in green should be with VAT.
    According to Swedish law, prices that are displayed to end user customers (B2C) should include all applicable taxes, which means that the price they click on is the price they pay. Therefore, for example in your picture, 4.15 should be the final price including VAT.

RIPE LIR

• You can choose if the tax should be inclusive, where the prices displayed in the system are gross prices (net values and included tax will be automatically calculated), or exclusive, with the prices that you set in the system are net prices (customer will see on the invoice net price + tax calculated from this price).

I think it depends how you set it up.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@Jab said:

You can choose if the tax should be inclusive, where the prices displayed in the system are gross prices (net values and included tax will be automatically calculated), or exclusive, with the prices that you set in the system are net prices (customer will see on the invoice net price + tax calculated from this price).

The question is if it's possible to set it up that way :) I tried both Clientexec and Blesta and they cannot do it.

RIPE LIR

And I think the lack of software that supports this leads to some providers pulling cr*p like prices are including VAT and for non-EU residents the prices are the same but now excl VAT like @terrorgen has experienced.
    Of course since non-EU residents don't have to pay VAT the provider pockets the extra money.

RIPE LIR

@mannen said:

@Jab said:

You can choose if the tax should be inclusive, where the prices displayed in the system are gross prices (net values and included tax will be automatically calculated), or exclusive, with the prices that you set in the system are net prices (customer will see on the invoice net price + tax calculated from this price).

The question is if it's possible to set it up that way :) I tried both Clientexec and Blesta and they cannot do it.

It is possible, you can set tax as inclusive.
    That means prices circled in green will be final prices, inclusive of tax, which the client pays.

Thanked by (1)mannen

@Abdullah said:

@mannen said:

@Jab said:

It is possible, you can set tax as inclusive.
    That means prices circled in green will be final prices, inclusive of tax, which the client pays.

Oh ok cool. Too bad there's no demo, not sure if I want to shell out $599 and then ask for a refund just to see how it behaves...

RIPE LIR