Your father was a hamster and I fart in your general direction!

bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
edited February 2023 in General

SEX!

OK, now that I've, hopefully, got your attention:

I've noticed that bullying is on the rise on LES. If you haven't noticed it, that may be down to the fact that @FrankZ is the fastest gun in the West (I often just wake up, make coffee, and take a look at the mod-dump section - all cleaned up).

I'm not eager to write this, as I'm allergic to the modern "snowflake" mentality and doublespeak. However, the other extreme of bullying (no better word for it) is also something I hate to see IRL or on the Net.

Sure, we'll keep cleaning stuff up and trying to do a good job, but the forum is what we, the members make of it.

My point is:
Please don't escalate the bad stuff.
Just flag any posts you think are problematic and be patient (I'm sober only for a few hours per day, and I've got pigeons to feed). Don't respond to insults with insults.

Fooling around and the running jokes are one of the things that make LES special. Just cut some slack for the newbies, or for members who really don't appreciate it. I mean - what's the point of arguing and insults if it doesn't end with a real fight and then some rakija?!

Right now, it's far from bad, but I've noticed it getting a bit worse instead of staying the same or getting better, so hoping this might be the gram that tips the scales (may be naive, but it's worth a shot).

Just - trying to steer stuff somewhere between the LET and WHT. Y'know - to stay cool, not flip towards either of the extremes.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

Comments

• I apologise to anyone whom I may have offended or made it seem like I was bullying them.

Whether it was intentional or not I will make my best effort to not let happen it again.

I know my humor is a bit crass and does not appeal to everyone, so I shall tone it down.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@AuroraZero said:
    I apologise to anyone whom I may have offended or made it seem like I was bullying them.

Whether it was intentional or not I will make my best effort to not let happen it again.

I know my humor is a bit crass and does not appeal to everyone, so I shall tone it down.

For what it’s worth - I don’t find your posts to be “problematic.”
    Good quality humour should be preserved.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• It's all @Nekki and @ehab fault.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @bikegremlin said:

@AuroraZero said:
    I apologise to anyone whom I may have offended or made it seem like I was bullying them.

For what it’s worth - I don’t find your posts to be “problematic.”
    Good quality humour should be preserved.

I appreciate that but i also realise sometimes I may come on a little too strong.

• edited February 2023

I don't understand the essay above.
    Is it composed with the same English I was taught?

MicroLXC is lovable.

• @bliss said: I don't understand

Indeed Ken.

• @shallow said:

@bliss said: I don't understand

Indeed Ken.

Ah dinnae ken.
    (I actually say this!)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• posting such titles brings shame to family

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @AlwaysSkint said: Ah dinnae ken.

Furry boots?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

I BITE MY THUMB TO YOU SIR!

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Mason
  • I have genuinely no idea what this refers to, and as such:

If I said something that offended you, that's your problem because I wasn't trying and you should be glad I wasn't, you pathetic little snowflake.

• Jeebus @bikegremlin what the hell did you eat?

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@AuroraZero said:

Jeebus @bikegremlin what the hell did you eat?

It is not "what" but "when." :)

• @AlwaysSkint said: Ah dinnae ken.

You ain't from Glasgow then. Must be a farmer.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • edited February 2023

@ehab said: take
    off your
    pants

and jacket

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee ehab
  • edited February 2023

@Lee said: Furry boots?

Lost me, there. :confused:

@shallow said:
    You ain't from Glasgow then.

Was a Weegie for a year or two, as a bairn. ;)

• @AlwaysSkint said: Lost me, there.

Fake Scotsman..

• @Nekki said: I have genuinely no idea what this refers to

Even if it was nothing to do with, still your fault.

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • i don't notice anything about this, does this happens with outcries in virmach bread lol

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• rootroot OG
    edited February 2023

@bikegremlin said:
    the fact that @FrankZ is the fastest gun in the West (I often just wake up, make coffee, and take a look at the mod-dump section - all cleaned up).

Thanks for the insight about who runs the show behind the curtain. So far I assumed it, but now I have my confirmation. Thank you mate.

SEX!

How are you... online?

• @Encoders said:
    i don't notice anything about this, does this happens with outcries in virmach bread lol

No. That thread is special, because it has it's own special rules established by the gun in the west. For example spamming is allowed there.

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

How are you... online?

• @bikegremlin said: and take a look at the mod-dump section - all cleaned up

Just out of interest, if you have a post just disappear, is that what's happened to it?

I'm asking because I posted something that I thought was pretty innocuous a couple of weeks back and when I checked the thread the next morning it'd just vanished, and disappeared from the list of comments list via my profile too. If stuff does get removed like that, shouldn't we at least be told if it's infringed some rule and been culled?

• rootroot OG
    edited February 2023

@ralf said:

@bikegremlin said: and take a look at the mod-dump section - all cleaned up

Just out of interest, if you have a post just disappear, is that what's happened to it?

I'm asking because I posted something that I thought was pretty innocuous a couple of weeks back and when I checked the thread the next morning it'd just vanished, and disappeared from the list of comments list via my profile too. If stuff does get removed like that, shouldn't we at least be told if it's infringed some rule and been culled?

Are you implying that moderators have to justify their actions?

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@ralf said:

No, I'm suggesting that if a post is deemed to be unsuitable and removed, it'd make sense to at least tell the poster that it was unsuitable so that they don't continue making similar posts in the future.

• rootroot OG
    edited February 2023

@ralf said:

@root said:

@ralf said:

No, I'm suggesting that if a post is deemed to be unsuitable and removed, it'd make sense to at least tell the poster that it was unsuitable so that they don't continue making similar posts in the future.

True. But this would also force the mod to explain in the message why an action was done, so you know the reasons.

How are you... online?

• I'm sorry but I don't understand the title!

• @selalumenang said: I'm sorry but I don't understand the title!

Google it, even with the misquote.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

• rootroot OG
    edited February 2023

@AlwaysSkint said:

@selalumenang said: I'm sorry but I don't understand the title!

Google it, even with the misquote.

It is best to avoid Google though. They could track you as a human and integrate your psychological profile into artificial intelligence to analyse your search for such title.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

How are you... online?

• MJJ will find this offensive
    @dahartigan

Thanked by (1)dahartigan