Convoy v3 • Open Source VPS Panel Using Proxmox • Open Beta • Free 512MB VPS (IPv6 Only)

AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
edited February 2023 in Free Offers and Stuff

What is Convoy?
Convoy is a VPS panel meant for hosting providers and regular consumers. It supports many of the essential functions of a virtualization panel, such as reinstallation, power management, IP management, ISO mounting, and way more. Convoy uses Proxmox VE as a backend, and can connect to any host node that runs the latest version of Proxmox VE. Convoy also has public source code, in which anyone can look at, audit, or modify under the Business Source License, which is a significant advantage over the competing VPS panels on the market.

Price
At the time of writing, Convoy is/will currently be $6/node/month for commercial usage (i.e. hosting businesses). Convoy will be free for non-commercial or personal use cases, meaning that it is also an ideal panel for those running home labs or other setups.

Information

Integrations
Convoy currently has a Blesta module, which can be found here (developed by Aleksa, costs £30 at time of writing).
Convoy currently has a WIP WHMCS module, which will be open source and free soon (developed by me).

Screenshots

Open Beta
I have decided to host a small open beta for Convoy. If you would like to check out Convoy, find bugs, issues, etc, you can sign up for a small 512MB VPS with 1 IPv6 address.

• Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2 (1 core)
  • 512MB DDR4 ECC Memory
  • 1 Gbps Shared Unmetered
  • Single IPv6 Address
  • No IPv4 Access (yet)
  • Located in Falkenstein, DE

Order Here >> https://clients.wynservers.com/index.php?rp=/store/vps/convoy-512mb

Please make sure to read the plan terms and full details of the plan before ordering. If you do not have IPv6 access, I would recommend checking out Route48.

Order Requirements:

• You must have at least 25 non-spammy posts/comments on LowEndSpirit.
  • You must have at least been a member of LowEndSpirit for 2 weeks.
  • If you are a hosting provider, you can immediately skip these requirements.
  • You will need to comment the order number. If you've lost it, then make a new order.
  • Invoice numbers are not accepted at this time.

These order requirements will get more relaxed once the initial wave of open beta servers have been handed out. There may be some initial issues with the WHMCS integration, but they are being ironed out. If you run into an issue, bug, or have any feedback, you can open a ticket and it will either be forwarded to @ewang or it will be fixed by me (if it's an issue with WHMCS integration).

Open beta will last until May 14th, 2023. There is no SLA policy on these free plans (obviously). Feel free to run stuff such as uptime monitors, Discord bot's, or whatever you want. If we have to do anything to these plans, we will announce any changes 72 hours beforehand.

Hardware and WHMCS integration for Convoy Open Beta has been provided/managed/made by me, so any questions about that should be directed to me. The software itself has been made by @ewang, I am simply posting this thread on his behalf as he is new to LowEndSpirit and I support the Convoy project.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

Comments

• Your Order Number is: 3085657473

Looking forward to try this panel! Thanks.

• howhow
    edited February 2023

Your Order Number is: 7148905464
    Just like try new VPS panel.

Thanks,

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• Great!
    Looking forward to try this.

Order number : 4950634404

Question, is there any limitation on core number for personal usage?

• Order number: 8163088892

Thank you!

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited February 2023

@Fritz said:
    Great!

No strict CPU limitations (if that's what you mean), but I might cap it if it becomes a problem (or deprioritize it). It's basically just a normal VPS. The CPU is not very strong and it's a bit of an older model because that's all I could find in time, but I might switch to a different CPU soon enough =)

• Order Number is: 8059962913

thanks

• Your Order Number is: 8171848441

Thx

• @Advin said:

@Fritz said:
    Great!

No strict CPU limitations (if that's what you mean), but I might cap it if it becomes a problem (or deprioritize it). It's basically just a normal VPS. The CPU is not very strong and it's a bit of an older model because that's all I could find in time, but I might switch to a different CPU soon enough =)

Sorry if I made it not very clear. For the personal license (self hosted), do you apply limitation for number of CPU?

• edited February 2023

Order Number is: 5824108229

Happy to participate in testing
    The FroCDN project is also used and it is quite convenient.

from google translate

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@Fritz said:

@Advin said:

@Fritz said:
    Great!

Sorry if I made it not very clear. For the personal license (self hosted), do you apply limitation for number of CPU?

Oh, no, there are currently no limits for self-hosted (at least that I'm aware of).

• Any plans on adding LXC support?

• Your Order Number is: 2714149170
    Will love to try this new panel

Currently Using Hetzner , OVH , Buyvm , Webhorizon , Hyonix , ConnectIndo

• 512MB RAM but no storage? how am i supposed to use it?

Active lurker nothing more nothing less, want to discuss something? i am all ears!

• hmm
    Order Number: 6335534816

• The order number is: 3507267689
    Thank you.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• I haven't used ConvoyPanel before and I'd like to give it a try. Is there a detailed installation guide available? I'd like to try installing it on my VPS.
    Order Number: 3128998477

• Order Number: 1763766395
    Thank you

• what can 512 GB ram do?

• @selalumenang said:
    what can 512 GB ram do?

Start a summer host.

• Order 7720644692

Thanks.

• Your Order Number is: 2523882219

Thank you, muchas gracias.

• @TrK said:
    512MB RAM but no storage? how am i supposed to use it?

Use RAM for storage ! Lovely use case.

The Panel screenshots show 10 GB disk if you see carefully.

@selalumenang said:
    what can 512 GB ram do?

Store a lot of P0rn for super fast acccess. Not quite HD quality though.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • ewangewang Services Provider

@mayiprint said:
    I haven't used ConvoyPanel before and I'd like to give it a try. Is there a detailed installation guide available? I'd like to try installing it on my VPS.
    Order Number: 3128998477

Yes, a guide is available on our website: https://docs.convoypanel.com/

Thanked by (2)mayiprint atomi

Founder, Lead Developer, Lead Designer, Marketing Lead, Sales Lead, Janitorial Staff, Plumber, Support Lead, Legal Team, I.T., Accountant, Electrician, System Administrator for Performave and ConvoyPanel

• ewangewang Services Provider
    edited February 2023

@SeederKun said:
    Any plans on adding LXC support?

Sure, I would have to do some rewriting. This might be until the summer because I have been really busy.

Thanked by (2)atomi SeederKun

Founder, Lead Developer, Lead Designer, Marketing Lead, Sales Lead, Janitorial Staff, Plumber, Support Lead, Legal Team, I.T., Accountant, Electrician, System Administrator for Performave and ConvoyPanel

• Your Order Number is: 6033163333

• Your Order Number is: 2650271547

thanks @Advin @ewang
    excited to try out this panel

• Your Order Number is: 3670540117

Wanna try it out. Thanks :)

• Order Number: 8603160811
    Thank you

• Your Order Number is: 4201719223

Really interested in trying out the new panel for home use.