How does your desktop look like?

Comments

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@Ympker said: @Not_Oles also quite happy with my chromebook. It's neat i just left the default wallpaper there, though.

So good and so cheap! :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Amadex said:

i expected boobs.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Thanked by (2)Ympker Not_Oles
  • With Fences:

With Wallpaper Engine:
    Astolfo incoming

Thanked by (2)Ympker Not_Oles
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited March 2023

@Ssmidge said:
    With Fences:

With Wallpaper Engine:
    Astolfo incoming

Damn, that looks neat. Desktop with icons. Good old times! I also have the background from the right display (second screenshot; not the one in spoiler) with the forest and the river. Loving it :)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Thanked by (2)ehab Not_Oles

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• Thanks! I heard that the wallpapers in the 2nd screenshot were based on a game named Firewatch, a wallpaper turned into a new wishlist on steam lol

• @Ympker said:

@Ssmidge said:
    With Fences:

With Wallpaper Engine:
    Astolfo incoming

Damn, that looks neat. Desktop with icons. Good old times! I also have the background from the right display (second screenshot; not the one in spoiler) with the forest and the river. Loving it :)

Thanks! I heard that the wallpapers in the 2nd screenshot were based on a game named Firewatch, a wallpaper turned into a new wishlist on steam lol

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
    edited March 2023

@Ssmidge said:
    Thanks! I heard that the wallpapers in the 2nd screenshot were based on a game named Firewatch, a wallpaper turned into a new wishlist on steam lol

Interesting. I really like the art style.
    What do you use to have this "programs" section etc? Also Wallpaper Engine?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Oops sorry for the double post, my brain stopped responding for a second and clicked the wrong button

• @terrorgen said:

what does it say?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Interresting, so many using windows as main desktop, while managing linux vm's.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Primary OS is windows due to using Quickbooks for work. For managing linux servers I just use good old putty. Don't really like much icons on desktop besides my computer and recycle bin. Replaced windows search with everything toolbar.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles ialexpw
    edited March 2023

@ascicode said:
    Interresting, so many using windows as main desktop, while managing linux vm's.

I'm afraid Linux just won't do it for me for gaming and some of my favourite software. Loving it for servers or for my streaming vm box, but while gaming support for steam games is on the rise, especially MMOs with a third party launcher and other Steam-external games like Valorant just won't play nice. Aomei Backupper isn't Linux supported afaik either. Pinegrow has Linux support apparently, but last time I checked it was buggy compared to the Windows version.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @ehab said:

@terrorgen said:

what does it say?

"Land slips before me but my temperament unchanged
    A deer dances near me but my eyes unmoved"

In contemporary English: don't let things affect you and focus on things that matter.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@terrorgen said:

@ehab said:

@terrorgen said:

what does it say?

In contemporary English: don't let things affect you and focus on things that matter.

Please also tell us the source. Thanks!

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• edited March 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@terrorgen said:

@ehab said:

@terrorgen said:

what does it say?

Hair Selection, I guess (the source is here, you need to install the APP, register with phone number, and upload your ID card to visit the site).

MicroLXC is lovable.

• Keeping it clean, everything is done with keyboard shortcuts, rarely touches the mouse.
    Also have a second workstation with FreeBSD on it running Enlightenment window manager that looks pretty much identical to the screenshot above. I switch over to it by using Synergy KVM, running an old version from before they went commercial.

And yes, I do run BSD and E, I'm that old.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles Ympker
  • @bliss said:

@Not_Oles said:

@terrorgen said:

@ehab said:

@terrorgen said:

what does it say?

Hair Selection, I guess (the source is here, you need to install the APP, register with phone number, and upload your ID card to visit the site).

LoL. It is not from "Hair selection", I think you meant Select Quotes of Mao Zedong and the online translator goofed up, which is hilarious!

This comes from《权书•心术》(Book of Might, chapter "the Art of Strategy") by 苏洵

The full paragraph:
    为将之道,当先治心。泰山崩于前而色不变,麋鹿兴于左而目不瞬,然后可以制利害,可以待敌。
    The key of becoming a competent general would first be having a right mindset. A general shall have an unaltered temperament when land slides before them: eyes unmoved when a deer dances near them. With that, they would be able to identify their true interests and face their enemies.

Thanked by (3)bliss Not_Oles ralf

• @terrorgen said: The key of becoming a competent general would first be having a right mindset. A general shall have an unaltered temperament when land slides before them: eyes unmoved when a deer dances near them. With that, they would be able to identify their true interests and face their enemies.

Thanks for giving the correct source.
    I guess I would never be a general, because a heavy thunderstorm can drive me crazy, not to mention "land slides".

MicroLXC is lovable.

• terminal with tmux :'(

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Ssmidge said:
    With Fences:

With Wallpaper Engine:
    Astolfo incoming

Nice domain by the way.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • corbpiecorbpie OG
    edited March 2023

">

Thanked by (2)Ympker ialexpw
  • DenisDenis Hosting Provider

It's good to see people with clean desktops, I cant stand clustered ones, how do you even find anything haha> @TheDP said:

• Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited March 2023

@corbpie said:

">

Someone still using Malwarebytes. Seems like I am not the only one. Use of it seems to have declined quite a bit over the years. Also learnt what Laragon and Webex is. Nice & clean desktop :)

Edit: Found an older version, how my desktop looked like in 2020:
    Back then I hadn't touched VSCode yet, relied on Sublime Text and had Atom (rip) installed as an alternative.
    No pCloud yet either, only Koofr iirc. EpicBrowser still installed before I kind of learned it was shiat and switched to Brave.
    Memories..

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • @ascicode said:
    Interresting, so many using windows as main desktop, while managing linux vm's.

I manage both linux and windows servers and I run both windows and linux desktops. Only an idiot would chose the same os everywhere regardless of task, you should always use the best tool for the job.

Thanked by (2)tjn Ympker
  • @CMunroe said:

@Ssmidge said:
    With Fences:

With Wallpaper Engine:
    Astolfo incoming

Nice domain by the way.

Thanks, I bought femboys4.life about a week ago too! (This message does not prove I am a femboy, my friend keeps trying to say I'm a femboy so yeah)