Free IncogVPN BETA - WireGuard / IKEv2 - Ad Blocking, No Logging, DNS over Tor, No Bullshit

MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider
edited February 2023 in Free Offers and Stuff

X-Posted from the OGF. Feel free to move this to Offers if this would classify as one.

Help us test a beta of a work in progress: IncogVPN

What: A free beta of our work-in-progress WireGuard or IKEv2 VPN. It features DNS over Tor (DNS leak tests should show different Tor exits each time), we don't log your requests, no PII is required to order, and it blocks ads. Cool.

Speeds are capped at 100Mbps for each client for this beta.

Why is it free: So we can measure usage / resource consumption of a service under actual real world use. We'll measure things like bandwidth consumption and things like CPU/Mem/Disk performance under proper real-world load. This will help us determine what is needed for production. Additionally, since we're doing ad-blocking, we can either increase or decrease the blocklist if needed to better the service before the official launch, based on user input.

How do I join: No PII is required, but you will need to register in our billing portal (just need an email address). Links below:

Wireguard or IKEv2

Just go to your products/services and select the Beta VPN Service. Your config info will be there. (Looks like this). No email will be sent to you for this beta, and the configuration is automatically generated upon checkout.

Sign ups are limited, and may be closed at any time. And of course, any account may be closed at any time if we suspect abuse during this beta. If abuse begins to become a problem, we may require a small deposit that will be refunded at the end of the beta period for new accounts. But for now, have at it. Just be good and mindful of others.

!!! This beta is only available in our Idaho, USA location right now !!!

How long is it free for?: I don't know. Probably a month, at least.

Can I test a different location instead of Idaho?: No. This is where we have the most spare resources and plentiful bandwidth. Production service locations are listed below.

Production service will be available in:

USA: Idaho, Nevada, Florida, New York
Europe: Luxembourg, Netherlands

We may add additional locations in the future, but the above six locations will be our starting six. In these six locations, we are already setup to use our own IP space and ASN, which is an important feature for us when offering this.

Will you have an app?: No, and we don't have any plans for one. This is a barebones service and the configuration works with the official Wireguard client app.

Want to know when we enter production?

Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IncogNetLLC
Follow Us on Mastodon: https://mastodon.social/web/@incognet

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
[ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

Thanked by (3)FrankZ adly tototo

Comments

• Domain resolve seems slower.

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

@Fritz said:
    Domain resolve seems slower.

Yeah, that'd be DNS over Tor. In my experience I don't notice it in normal use. It's measurable, but not noticeable (in my case).

Purpose of the beta however is to get some feedback from real world use and make tweaks / changes to improve it before rolling out in all locations.

We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• Hi!
    When you press in "download wg0.conf" button from "Your IncogVPN WireGuard VPN Details", my chrome doesn't download anything. Also there is some javascript warning saying Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set properties of null (setting 'onclick')
    at clientarea.php?actio…ails&id=1643:582:57

• Good to see this moving closer to a public launch. The Wireguard VPN I had with @MannDude / IncogNET a little while ago was great (when it worked - it was broken for months but I didn’t notice for some time, so not much lost until I needed it and it was sorted reasonably quickly).

• I can't download the conf file. Nothing happens on clicking the download link. On ff on android.
    Tunnel connects though by copying the config.

@cpsd said:
    Hi!
    When you press in "download wg0.conf" button from "Your IncogVPN WireGuard VPN Details", my chrome doesn't download anything. Also there is some javascript warning saying Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set properties of null (setting 'onclick')
    at clientarea.php?actio…ails&id=1643:582:57

Was reported on the OGF. Will look into today. For now just copy the provided config and save as a .conf

@adly said:
    Good to see this moving closer to a public launch. The Wireguard VPN I had with @MannDude / IncogNET a little while ago was great (when it worked - it was broken for months but I didn’t notice for some time, so not much lost until I needed it and it was sorted reasonably quickly).

Yeah.. I've been trying to get this done for a couple years now. just started doing IncogNET full time recently so now that I'm not exhausted from working in a factory, got more time / energy to focus on things like this. :)

@mee2 said:
    I can't download the conf file. Nothing happens on clicking the download link. On ff on android.
    Tunnel connects though by copying the config.

Should be fixed later today. Will look at it when I get back to my desk.

• Las Vegas and Luxembourg could only mean one thing.

Thanked by (3)MannDude Ympker Advin
  • edited February 2023

Hi, i ran a speed test from my android phone connecting from Spain

@shallow said:
    Las Vegas and Luxembourg could only mean one thing.

Yep.

It'll be our two locations (Idaho, USA and Netherlands) and all four of @Francisco 's locations, except we'll be using our IP's / AS.

Progress. Port forwarding will only be available on the 'Enterprise' or 'Business' plans (with a dedicated IP and dedicated internal /24 for your devices).

Location choices will be à la carte.

Thanked by (2)adly Wonder_Woman