MaxKVM yabs and any other network speed tests

MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

Hello!

I see ~3 in the yabs thread, but does anyone have other yabs results saved in their logs since June 2022? Or do you see any on other forums?

You should have seen speeds exceeding 1Gbps, but that does not seem to be the case in the yabs thread in October or December.

Thanks B)

Comments

• Wait, MaxKVM is still going?!

• I'm waiting for calling customers "idiot" one more time from this "Provider".

Thanked by (1)yanling
  • MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

@benz said:
    Wait, MaxKVM is still going?!

Yup. This forum and OGF have been unable to post anything positive about MaxKVM since April 2021 because of a stupid response to a stupid mistake (sorry), and many users were actively hoping for us to go out of business when our upstream terminated contract in May 2022, so your confusion is understandable.

Everything has been stable since the migration in June 2022 (which was about ~3-6 hours of downtime per location) and our looking glass VMs have been online for ~300 days. Most people don't understand we're more obsessive about uptime, I/O speeds, and network connectivity than most any other provider.

Thanked by (1)benz

@TeYroX said:
    I'm waiting for calling customers "idiot" one more time from this "Provider".

That happened once and the user remained a customer for 2 years, until last month. There seemed to be a group of trolls spamming support about Singapore availability at the time. I'm sorry there was no apology this forum demanded in that thread -- it was absurd to us that anyone would believe our support was anything but excellent.

Thank you. It looks like you were unable to exceed 1Gbps. Speeds have been restored now, and we're trying to put together a timeline to see how long it was limited to 1Gbps.

• @MaxKVM said:

@benz said:

many users were actively hoping for us to go out of business when our upstream terminated contract in May 2022, so your confusion is understandable.

I'm happy you're still around, but starting a witch hunt to go after your colo/dedi provider for unspecified reasons was really a dick move. I'm glad you're still an option in this space, but that was going way too far. It seems that you really care about your service though, and it's nice to see a provider that's invested in uptime, stability, and performance the way you are. Hope you stick around.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

September 2022 Dallas YABS in spoiler

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Sep 22 20:55:54 CDT 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 7 days, 19 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7702P 64-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 1999.999 MHz
    AES-NI     :  Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V :  Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 72.8 GiB
    Distro     : AlmaLinux 8.6 (Sky Tiger)
    Kernel     : 4.18.0-372.26.1.el8_6.x86_64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 237.02 MB/s  (59.2k) | 1.62 GB/s    (25.3k)
    Write      | 237.65 MB/s  (59.4k) | 1.62 GB/s    (25.4k)
    Total      | 474.68 MB/s (118.6k) | 3.25 GB/s    (50.8k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.85 GB/s     (3.6k) | 2.10 GB/s     (2.0k)
    Write      | 1.95 GB/s     (3.8k) | 2.24 GB/s     (2.1k)
    Total      | 3.81 GB/s     (7.4k) | 4.34 GB/s     (4.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.54 Gbits/sec  | 1.71 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 936 Mbits/sec   | 1.36 Gbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 1.24 Gbits/sec  | 1.30 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.85 Gbits/sec  | 4.17 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 2.54 Gbits/sec  | 6.81 Gbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.46 Gbits/sec  | 1.65 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.97 Gbits/sec  | 1.60 Gbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 1.41 Gbits/sec  | 1.31 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.93 Gbits/sec  | 4.84 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 3.67 Gbits/sec  | 6.08 Gbits/sec

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 4299
    Multi Core      | 7669
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16626787

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 945
    Multi Core      | 1781
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/17478027

Thanked by (2)loay MaxKVM

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @MaxKVM any new promo?

Anyway, sometime we do mistakes.
    We are 'hooman"

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • @Fritz said:
    @MaxKVM any new promo?

We are 'hooman"

Speak for yourself Fritzy Ol' Boy

Thanked by (1)cybertech

@fluttershy said:

@MaxKVM said:

@benz said:

many users were actively hoping for us to go out of business when our upstream terminated contract in May 2022, so your confusion is understandable.

I'm happy you're still around, but starting a witch hunt to go after your colo/dedi provider for unspecified reasons was really a dick move. I'm glad you're still an option in this space, but that was going way too far. It seems that you really care about your service though, and it's nice to see a provider that's invested in uptime, stability, and performance the way you are. Hope you stick around.

It’s easy to pass judgement without knowing specifics, but thanks for your input.

Let me pose a hypothetical situation just for thought -- what would you do if your landlord locked you and your customers out of all locations you lease for your family business without 30 or 60 day notice literally 20 minutes after you paid on the 1st of the month? You have no rights and no recourse leasing these locations, so you take it to the internet where the landlord’s friends and employees show up and say negative things about you. The internet can’t help but side with the big landlord with a big reputation – after all, many of them lease from this big landlord too and want to remain in good standing. Meanwhile, you’re limited to what you can say because you still need to find new locations and new landlord as soon as possible. You do what you must, pay a new landlord a massive amount of cash and move your customers as quickly as possible after you regain access to your inventory while your landlord, his friends, employees, your competitors, and the rest of the internet all criticize and laugh at you while encouraging your customers to chargeback and file claims.

A year later, after remaining in business with no issues, people still show up and say things like what you did in response to this landlord’s pettiness that nearly destroyed your business was a “dick move”.

Whatever you believe, just know we were trying to get our users back online and keep them online.

Anyway, that’s in the past and I’m just here to ask if anyone has some yabs since the move.

@Fritz said:
    @MaxKVM any new promo?

We are 'hooman"

Yes, there is a March Madness promo that was emailed to customers. I'm honestly only here for any yabs you guys might have, but might create an offer post.

MaxKVM March Madness: 77.7% off Biennially & 55.5% off Monthly +25% Bitcoin Bonus

77.7% off Biennially with code MMM23-777
    55.5% off Monthly with code MMM23-555

Also, pay any invoice with Bitcoin to receive 25% back (up to $500) in account credit! 
    Simply open a support ticket with subject MMMBTC23-25 once the invoice is paid. *

[links with code embedded]

* Bitcoin promotion is limited to 1 redemption per customer, up to $500.00 back, and applies to any invoice payment (including add-funds)

@FrankZ said:
    September 2022 Dallas YABS in spoiler

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-05-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Sep 22 20:55:54 CDT 2022

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 7 days, 19 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7702P 64-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 1999.999 MHz
    AES-NI     :  Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V :  Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 72.8 GiB
    Distro     : AlmaLinux 8.6 (Sky Tiger)
    Kernel     : 4.18.0-372.26.1.el8_6.x86_64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 237.02 MB/s  (59.2k) | 1.62 GB/s    (25.3k)
    Write      | 237.65 MB/s  (59.4k) | 1.62 GB/s    (25.4k)
    Total      | 474.68 MB/s (118.6k) | 3.25 GB/s    (50.8k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.85 GB/s     (3.6k) | 2.10 GB/s     (2.0k)
    Write      | 1.95 GB/s     (3.8k) | 2.24 GB/s     (2.1k)
    Total      | 3.81 GB/s     (7.4k) | 4.34 GB/s     (4.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.54 Gbits/sec  | 1.71 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 936 Mbits/sec   | 1.36 Gbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 1.24 Gbits/sec  | 1.30 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.85 Gbits/sec  | 4.17 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 2.54 Gbits/sec  | 6.81 Gbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.46 Gbits/sec  | 1.65 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.97 Gbits/sec  | 1.60 Gbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 1.41 Gbits/sec  | 1.31 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.93 Gbits/sec  | 4.84 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 3.67 Gbits/sec  | 6.08 Gbits/sec

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 4299
    Multi Core      | 7669
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16626787

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 945
    Multi Core      | 1781
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/17478027

Thank you -- that confirms there were >1Gbps speeds right after the migration. It seems it might have been limited sometime between then and @kuroneko23's yabs in October 2022. I'm sorry we could not maintain your double discount promotion by the way -- our new upstream isn't cheap.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited March 2023

and still trying to claim victim after calling names? well not the brightest bulb in the room innit

issuing a statement clearing both events with a sincere apology where mistake was made wouldnt have been hard would it?

Thanked by (2)RapToN zenkul

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @MaxKVM said:
    It’s easy to pass judgement without knowing specifics, but thanks for your input.

Let me pose a hypothetical situation just for thought -- what would you do if your landlord locked you and your customers out of all locations you lease for your family business without 30 or 60 day notice literally 20 minutes after you paid on the 1st of the month? You have no rights and no recourse leasing these locations, so you take it to the internet where the landlord’s friends and employees show up and say negative things about you. The internet can’t help but side with the big landlord with a big reputation – after all, many of them lease from this big landlord too and want to remain in good standing. Meanwhile, you’re limited to what you can say because you still need to find new locations and new landlord as soon as possible. You do what you must, pay a new landlord a massive amount of cash and move your customers as quickly as possible after you regain access to your inventory while your landlord, his friends, employees, your competitors, and the rest of the internet all criticize and laugh at you while encouraging your customers to chargeback and file claims.

A year later, after remaining in business with no issues, people still show up and say things like what you did in response to this landlord’s pettiness that nearly destroyed your business was a “dick move”.

Whatever you believe, just know we were trying to get our users back online and keep them online.

I'm a very large Hivelocity customer (or was, moved hundreds of servers away ~3 months ago) and they have been nothing but excellent to me. I'm assuming you were hosting content that they deemed obscene, or did not take care of abuse reports, etc. I know several VPS hosts that they're very friendly with. Your "please tell this company that you support free speech" implies that you were hosting something that they deemed objectionable. In this case, if they did not give you a refund for the month of service that you paid and immediately nullrouted all your servers, then you actually do have legal recourse if you were contracted for the servers and not on month to month. If you weren't violating their TOS, you would be able to take them to court over backing out of your contract. I'm glad to know that you care this much about your users, and have recommended your services before. I just also think that you're leaving out quite a bit of info, and that I'd rather trust the established datacenter company over a few guys selling VMs on rented dedis. I didn't mean to derail your thread though, apologies there.

Thanked by (1)RapToN

@fluttershy said:

@MaxKVM said:

I'm a very large Hivelocity customer (or was, moved hundreds of servers away ~3 months ago) and they have been nothing but excellent to me. I'm assuming you were hosting content that they deemed obscene, or did not take care of abuse reports, etc. I know several VPS hosts that they're very friendly with. Your "please tell this company that you support free speech" implies that you were hosting something that they deemed objectionable. In this case, if they did not give you a refund for the month of service that you paid and immediately nullrouted all your servers, then you actually do have legal recourse if you were contracted for the servers and not on month to month. If you weren't violating their TOS, you would be able to take them to court over backing out of your contract. I'm glad to know that you care this much about your users, and have recommended your services before. I just also think that you're leaving out quite a bit of info, and that I'd rather trust the established datacenter company over a few guys selling VMs on rented dedis. I didn't mean to derail your thread though, apologies there.

The servers were on a 12 month contract until 1/2023. Legal recourse is for those who have the funds and patience for attorneys. Both were spent moving to DataPacket.

Your assumption is incorrect, but I don't blame you for reaching that conclusion. Thanks again for your input. May I ask -- what services do you provide that were hosted with AS29802?

I just also think that you're leaving out quite a bit of info,

You are correct here, as funds and patience can be replenished for legal recourse.

• @MaxKVM said:
    Your assumption is incorrect, but I don't blame you for reaching that conclusion. Thanks again for your input. May I ask -- what services do you provide that were hosted with AS29802?

Video transcoding services. Used their GPU products. Moved to owned hardware in private cages. Sorry to hear about your inability to litigate, I hope datacamp is treating you well.

• @AuroraZero said:

@Fritz said:
    @MaxKVM any new promo?

We are 'hooman"

Speak for yourself Fritzy Ol' Boy

Natürlich my gummy grizzly bear.

• Yo chap, is the MJJ promo code still valid?

smartass shitposting satirist

edited March 2023

@fluttershy said:

@MaxKVM said:

Video transcoding services. Used their GPU products. Moved to owned hardware in private cages. Sorry to hear about your inability to litigate, I hope datacamp is treating you well.

Interesting. (edit: and yes, DataCamp is excellent)

What's odd is you say you've recommended MaxKVM before but the only recommendation I see you've made is where you "strongly encourage going monthly" in a thread about a Black Friday sale (user complaint about bandwidth typo) that you stated was probably "just to keep the lights on" and you "wouldn't be shocked if you don't get to see the end of that yearly deal."

If I'm missing the place where you actually did recommend MaxKVM, thanks for that.

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo chap, is the MJJ promo code still valid?

Which is the MJJ promo code?

March Madness is still active. MMM23-555 for 55.5% off monthly and MMM23-777 for 77.7% off biennial.

• @MaxKVM said:
    If I'm missing the place where you actually did recommend MaxKVM, thanks for that.

I exist in places outside of LES ;) I've recommended you to several people who want VMs on Datacamp's network. I do encourage people to go monthly on providers that have been in business for under 5 years. It looks like you're around 3 years old, so I'll be there to (hopefully) celebrate your 5th birthday when it happens.

@Amadex said:
    Your website looks nice.

Thanks @Amadex. It's simple and does the job. B)

• Multiple reasons to avoid this provider. 1, 2, 3

Don't look for reason to choose them. Eventually you will get insulted. Stop, avoid.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@legendary said:
    Multiple reasons to avoid this provider. 1, 2, 3

Don't look for reason to choose them. Eventually you will get insulted. Stop, avoid.

This is not an offer thread. @MaxKVM came here to get some info on past networks speeds from past or present clients.
    I would like to hope we might be able to stay on subject, even if some or even most of us are not big fans of this provider.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @maxkvm
    your service is good enough
    but … please repair your attitude & support ticket
    I know because I'm your former customer

Thanked by (1)cold