Which SSH Client on Android?

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

I used Juice SSH in the past. Saw there is also Termius. What do you use?

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

juice pro.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Just exactly what I'm using now. :)

• rootroot OG
    edited April 2023

I do not use SSH on mobile typing commands with 1 finger from each hand. Get a laptop!

I have Termius on mobile for emergencies and I find it good enough. I did not try the Pro version.

How are you... online?

• Termux + OpenSSH, or Mosh, or anything else you pkg install, download, or compile. I prefer the freedom of a standard Linux environment to whatever limited functionality a single app can provide :shrugs:

Thanked by (1)bibble
  • yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

nothing beat termux

Thanked by (2)Ganonk bibble
  • I use connectbot.

Thanked by (1)shallow
  • edited April 2023

ConnectBot

I said myself several times to try android "Hacker's Keyboard" with working Tab/Ctrl/Esc keys to make my life easier.
    I will... in one of those days.

Thanked by (2)shallow Ympker
  • @yokowasis said:
    nothing beat termux

be hacker with termux

😂

Thanked by (2)Ympker bibble
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer
    edited April 2023

Whoops...wrong thread..

edit: I've just used Termius...works ok but phone and typing linux commands is just painful

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited April 2023

@havoc said:
    Whoops...wrong thread..

edit: I've just used Termius...works ok but phone and typing linux commands is just painful

Install f*ck. It will likely correct everything you were misstyping.

https://github.com/nvbn/thefuck

Thanked by (1)edip
  • Termius is really easy to connect since you can save the login details. And it remembers some commands which are used before. That is why I use termius.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

@Ympker said:

@havoc said:
    Whoops...wrong thread..

Install f*ck. It will likely correct everything you were misstyping.

https://github.com/nvbn/thefuck

tbh I'm rarely anywhere without a laptop on hand anyway. Plus not a provider so usually whatever is on fire can wait : p

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Juice ssh pro, works very well, it has additional on screen keys for tab, dot etc. which are useful on terminal.
    Termux + openssh is a very good alternative too. As it is the closeset to a proper laptop/desktop in terms of setting up ssh connection.

It is always good to have ssh ability from mobile for a quick check you sometimes need to do. Even if you are close to a laptop.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Juice SSH and Hacker's keyboard, to connect to my always running screen session in VI mode :)
    Basically you have to use hacker's keyb, because you are doing lots of ctrl+a somethings and esc this and that.

• Used to roll with Mosh and JuiceSSH.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• right now using remote desktop manager, because include vnc over ssh. downside is performance and stability not really good.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @root said:
    I do not use SSH on mobile typing commands with 1 finger from each hand. Get a laptop!

I have Termius on mobile for emergencies and I find it good enough. I did not try the Pro version.

it can be fun ! IF you use the middle finger !!!

• Can also recommend juice.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Mumbly said:
    ConnectBot

I said myself several times to try android "Hacker's Keyboard" with working Tab/Ctrl/Esc keys to make my life easier.
    I will... in one of those days.

Well let me rephrase that a bit. Connectbot for quick and dirty stuff I have saved as quick connects. If I am doing anything more deep I use termux and ssh. The default keyboard has all that neato keys.

• Used Juice when I was on Android. using Termius now on iOS

• i just use the most updated app on the Playstore, so it's Termius.
    Snippets feature is really helpful when i just want to update bunch of servers.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • I use Connectbot, it's great. I mainly use it to update or restart my home media server, great for that occasional sudo shutdown now kinda thing. Wouldn't recommend doing anything more without a physical keyboard though. If you have one, termux + openssh would be great.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Another vote for ConnectBot! ConnectBot is excellent. I use ConnectBot nearly every day!

Sadly it's sold out now, but I got a Jorno keyboard for travelling. The keyboard works great with ConnectBot on my Android phone. No laptop needed even when travelling for months! The keyboard case's ability to flip into a phone stand is super great! The keys feel a lot like one of the old IBM keyboards. No issues with ConnectBot, no issues with the keyboard, no issues with the stand.

Best wishes!

Thanked by (1)Ympker

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @kassle said:
    right now using remote desktop manager, because include vnc over ssh. downside is performance and stability not really good.

maztah 🙌🏽

Thanked by (1)kassle
  • Asking all the Android gurus, do you use any kind of antivirus or any kind of protection on your devices?

@Chalipa said:
    Asking all the Android gurus, do you use any kind of antivirus or any kind of protection on your devices?

I only use Google PlayProtect + MiUI native Security App/Scanner which, to my understanding, uses Avast's database. Since MiUI Security App scans every app that is installed (on top of PlayProtect) I just reckoned that'd be enough for me. It's also convenient, because unlike PlayProtect it scans apps that are installed from unknown sources (iirc PlayProtect only warns you about those, but doesn't scan them upon installation). I once installed Malwarebytes trial, Eset Mobile Security and also Bitdefender, but ended up deleting those apps due to battery drain or other reasons shortly after.

I also use AdGuard for Android, so I'd assume lots of shit gets filtered anyway.

Thanked by (1)Chalipa
  • Termius paid but looking for an alternative, I will pick one from this thread.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@dosai said:
    Termius paid but looking for an alternative, I will pick one from this thread.

I used Juice in the past. Seems like many people are still using it. I guess I'll just get back to using it.

Thanked by (1)dosai
  • @Ympker said:

I only use Google PlayProtect + MiUI native Security App/Scanner which, to my understanding, uses Avast's database. Since MiUI Security App scans every app that is installed (on top of PlayProtect) I just reckoned that'd be enough for me. It's also convenient, because unlike PlayProtect it scans apps that are installed from unknown sources (iirc PlayProtect only warns you about those, but doesn't scan them upon installation). I once installed Malwarebytes trial, Eset Mobile Security and also Bitdefender, but ended up deleting those apps due to battery drain or other reasons shortly after.

I also use AdGuard for Android, so I'd assume lots of shit gets filtered anyway.

Have you used Knox by Samsung?

I got a new s23 ultra, and not sure if there is any kind of extra app like Bitdefender needed on the top of knox?