Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Shell Account! Make Your Own VPSes!

Comments

• @Not_Oles said:

@thagoat said:
    Greetings Tom!
    Been a while since we spoke, I hope all is well. Looks like you (once again) have a cool thing going on here. I'd be interested in tinkering around in all the wild stuff you get up to in Hetzner ServerLand. I have a few LXC ideas I'd like fiddle with. If you have room and are willing I'd like to join in the fun!
    Thanks, and let me know if you need some other info.

Hello! Yeah, nice to hear from you! The only thing I need from you is your ed25519 ssh public key. Thanks! It will be nice to have you on the server! Best!

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIErl3dSOAOS9TiftEWARFge9Ygnw/mD9PPKlZlcY6LXE thagoat@desktop

Thank you :)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@Nubuki said:
    Hello @Not_Oles
    I have no clue whatsoever as to how to create lxc and KVM vpses and hoping to learn

FWIW, while you are getting ready to create amazing VPSes you can do a lot from your terminal. :)

It's getting a bit late here, so I will set up your account tomorrow. Have a good day/night which ever applies where you are. Zzzz zzz 😴

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

@thagoat said:

@Not_Oles said:

@thagoat said:
    Greetings Tom!
    Been a while since we spoke, I hope all is well. Looks like you (once again) have a cool thing going on here. I'd be interested in tinkering around in all the wild stuff you get up to in Hetzner ServerLand. I have a few LXC ideas I'd like fiddle with. If you have room and are willing I'd like to join in the fun!
    Thanks, and let me know if you need some other info.

Hello! Yeah, nice to hear from you! The only thing I need from you is your ed25519 ssh public key. Thanks! It will be nice to have you on the server! Best!

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIErl3dSOAOS9TiftEWARFge9Ygnw/mD9PPKlZlcY6LXE thagoat@desktop

Thank you :)

Thanks for the key! I will make your account tomorrow. 😴 Best wishes!

• ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAILQ9BaLGeIavi0BXvmHL4kqZMpF9mZfvvBJtB6AlFYdL linni@DESKTOP-0IBD0UK

Hello @Nubuki, @thagoat, and @welllam!

Welcome to MetalVPS! Accounts have been created for each of you! You should be able to login via IPv4 or IPv6 with your ssh key using something like:

ssh [email protected] -p 42365

Please don't use the "@" ahead of your nic when you login. For example, @Nubuki should be just "nubuki."

Your passwords have been made available in a mode 600 file in your home directories. Please feel free to change your passwords.

You have been added to the kvm group, so feel free to try the slirp kvm if you wish. Probably we need more configuration to be added for more advanced forms of kvm and also for lxc. Maybe you can figure out what we still need and let me know.

If you have questions or comments, please post them here in the thread. Please also post frequent reports about what you are doing and the progress you are making. :)

I hope you have fun on the server!

Best!

Tom

Thanked by (1)thagoat

• Really nice to learn things from @Not_Oles @cpsd guide.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited April 2023

Hiya @Not_Oles !
    I'm the same guy/Doraemon pfp guy at LowEndTalk
    I'd like to get an account
    I'm interested at making KVM and LXC VPSes, learning Linux
    SSH key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIIQ3QBeZybOdyvMo3SB5qvEYjQ4WXQ0xqNfg5ZIOsJk0 eddsa-key-20230418
    Edited because I forgot to add the mention

@iamvinh123 said:
    Hiya @Not_Oles !
    I'm the same guy/Doraemon pfp guy at LowEndTalk
    I'm interested at making KVM and LXC VPSes, learning Linux
    SSH key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIIQ3QBeZybOdyvMo3SB5qvEYjQ4WXQ0xqNfg5ZIOsJk0 eddsa-key-20230418
    Edited because I forgot to add the mention

Hello! Welcome to MetalVPS! ssh [email protected] -p 42365 should work. Delighted to have you! Please feel free to post here in the thread about what you are doing on the server. Best wishes from New York City and Mexico! Tom

• Heyyy @Not_Oles

I want to learn KVM Virtualizing, Bridging and NAT networking.
    I'm new to LES because i generally use LET.

SSH KEY:

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIMutoSnpry/ZVm1LPkeJP+EsCmvnvmNdBecijV42hM3w

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles Nikitas
    edited July 2023

@Zreind said:
    Heyyy @Not_Oles

SSH KEY:

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIMutoSnpry/ZVm1LPkeJP+EsCmvnvmNdBecijV42hM3w

Hi @Zreind! Thanks for your interest in MetalVPS! Welcome to LES! Would you like to introduce yourself? I am sure everybody here would be interested to know more about who/where you are, your Linux experience, whether you have a blog/website, whether you are a student or have an advanced degree in engineering, etc. Thanks again! Best wishes! Tom

@Not_Oles said:

@c0untch0cula said:
    @Not_Oles

I'd like an account; I'm interested in learning about creating kvm VPSes.

Let me know what I need to do, thanks

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAILUt0NSJah9AEOnk27sVO0pbfvrREdNqtIOCCU1xiNl/ JuiceSSH

Hi @c0untch0cula!

Welcome to LES! I like your fun username! As far as what you need to do is concerned, how about these suggestions from the OP?

@Not_Oles said: If you have a new LES account, please introduce yourself in your post. Please tell us what you plan to do with your MetalVPS account.

Your introduction could include who and where you are plus a link to your website if you have one, or maybe to your Github, or to your online presence in other wonderful places, HN, your publications as listed on arxiv.org, something else? Whatever. . . .

See you soon on the server!

Best!

Tom

From https://lowendspirit.com/profile/c0untch0cula

Object Value
    Username c0untch0cula
    Joined April 11
    Visits 4
    Last Active April 11
    Roles Member
    Thanked 1

Friendly greetings! :)

• edited July 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@Zreind said:
    Heyyy @Not_Oles

SSH KEY:

Hi @Zreind! Thanks for your interest in MetalVPS! Welcome to LES! Would you like to introduce yourself? I am sure everybody here would be interested to know more about who/where you are, your Linux experience, whether you have a blog/website, whether you are a student or have an advanced degree in engineering, etc. Thanks again! Best wishes! Tom

I'm a student. Currently im on high school. When i was 12 years old I was curious about how do websites work and made many research about it. Now, i'm 15 and can do many thing about server management, networking, virtualization, containerization, building automations for kvm, lxc, vmware etc. Installing and management for many control panels (hosting, vds/vps, scripts) I don't have blog or personal website bcs i don't want to get indexed by google =)
    Theres so much thing to say about me but I prefer to talk about the future because i don't want to remember that I haven't learn anything until now :p

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
    edited July 2023

@Zreind said:

@Not_Oles said:

@Zreind said:
    Heyyy @Not_Oles

SSH KEY:

I'm a student. Currently im on high school. When i was 12 years old I was curious about how do websites work and made many research about it. Now, i'm 15 and can do many thing about server management, networking, virtualization, containerization, building automations for kvm, lxc, vmware etc. Installing and management for many control panels (hosting, vds/vps, scripts) I don't have blog or personal website bcs i don't want to get indexed by google =)
    Theres so much thing to say about me but I prefer to talk about the future because i don't want to remember that I haven't learn anything until now :p

Hi @Zreind!

Please try ssh [email protected] -p 42365. Please enjoy the server! Please feel free to post here if you have any questions and especially about what you are not learning so excellently well. :p Best wishes from New York City and Sonora, Mexico! 🗽🇺🇸🇲🇽🏜️(R)

Tom

edited April 2023

Hello!

Please delay building your VPS until after reading carefully through this thread. Please especially read @cpsd's several excellent comments here in this thread both about @Not_Oles LEB slirp tutorial and about what @cpsd did which goes beyond @Not_Oles' tutorial.

As lovely as the traditional shell account is, and as underappreciated and wonderful as slirp is, at some point the server node probably needs further configuration for LXC and non-slirp KVM together with appropriate networking.

Maybe it might be nice to try making non-slirp KVM and LXC tutorials? Maybe a network tutorial?

What should be next? Thanks very much!

Best!

Tom

• edited April 2023

Just got Windows 10 working with network in an QEMU VM hosted in a MetalVPS machine
    Edit: I got RDP working with the port forwarding and Remote Desktop enabled
    Even tho, ping doesn't work

Thanked by (1)sh97
  • Hello, @Not_Oles !
    I'm a student that wanted to learn about Linux and KVM.
    My SSH key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIJDeBFV0G56I4Pj05/G3BCPu658Q3OCS8uN33t/8d84m eddsa-key-20230419

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Hi! @Not_Oles
    I want to learn KVM and Linux
    and I want to learn LXC . i want to get an account
    My SSH Key : ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIL4cEgOmOktDjKDzg7W1Bp5EFI4OgY8+fNAyKTcKC53P eddsa-key-20230419

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @iamvinh123 said:
    Just got Windows 10 working with network in an QEMU VM hosted in a MetalVPS machine

don't forget to add firewall rules.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @ehab said:

@iamvinh123 said:

don't forget to add firewall rules.

Alright

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Hello!
    I would like to get an account.
    I'm interested with Linux and Virtualization technology like KVM and I'm currently learning about it, so I would like to try Linux and QEMU-KVM (Virtualization) there.
    By the way, I'm a vocational high school student from Indonesia and currently learning about tech-related stuff, mainly focusing on Linux management and Virtualization.

Here is my SSH key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIH1AJ0O0J9IrWbGK0eJ6o/4+K8tXOH7uCafQ4djYTB8r eddsa-key-20230419

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Hi @Not_Oles

I want free i9-13900 VPS so I can use Linux and QEMU-KVM.

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIJbCiXBvZquFOcslPdTxrW6nI83jW28iMkBF822Er6x9 [email protected]

@Nikitas said:
    Hello, @Not_Oles !
    My SSH key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIJDeBFV0G56I4Pj05/G3BCPu658Q3OCS8uN33t/8d84m eddsa-key-20230419

@ExAjiMag said:
    Hi! @Not_Oles
    My SSH Key : ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIL4cEgOmOktDjKDzg7W1Bp5EFI4OgY8+fNAyKTcKC53P eddsa-key-20230419

Hi Guys! Welcome to LES! Want to share a little more, please, about who and where you are, your Linux experience, and what you want to do with Linux, KVM, and LXC? Thanks! Best wishes! Tom

• @Not_Oles said:

@Nikitas said:
    Hello, @Not_Oles !

@ExAjiMag said:
    Hi! @Not_Oles

Hi Guys! Welcome to LES! Want to share a little more, please, about who and where you are, your Linux experience, and what you want to do with Linux, KVM, and LXC? Thanks! Best wishes! Tom

I want to run KVM Virtual Machine on MetalVPS.

@itsmepaddi said:
    Hello!
    I'm interested with Linux and Virtualization technology like KVM and I'm currently learning about it, so I would like to try Linux and QEMU-KVM (Virtualization) there.
    By the way, I'm a vocational high school student from Indonesia and currently learning about tech-related stuff, mainly focusing on Linux management and Virtualization.

Here is my SSH key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIH1AJ0O0J9IrWbGK0eJ6o/4+K8tXOH7uCafQ4djYTB8r eddsa-key-20230419

Hi @itsmepaddi!

Welcome to LES! And to MetalVPS!

I provisioned your account. Please try something like

It should work both by IPv4 and Ipv6.

Your password is in a mode 600 file in your home directory. Please feel free to change your password. Password login has been disabled, so you need your ssh key. You might need your password later, for sudo, but you have not been added to sudo yet. You have been added to the kvm group.

May I please ask:

• How did you write your MetalVPS account request posted here in this thread? Your English seems pretty good. :) Did you use AI?
    • I am not asking you to prove anything, but, if you needed to do it, how might you prove that you are "a vocational high school student from Indonesia?"

I hope you enjoy the server! Please post here in this thread about your progress and about your questions. Posting here in the public thread is great because everybody can learn from your experience and, also, everybody can help you answer your questions.

Again, welcome! Thank you for joining the server! Best wishes!

Tom

Thanked by (1)itsmepaddi

@youself64 said:
    Hi @Not_Oles

ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIJbCiXBvZquFOcslPdTxrW6nI83jW28iMkBF822Er6x9 [email protected]

Hi @youself64!

Thanks for your request! Welcome to LES! Welcome to MetalVPS!

Please try something like:

You should be able to get in on IPv4 and on IPv6.

Your password is in a mode 600 file in your home directory. Please change your password if you wish. Password login is disabled, so you need your key to log in.

You have been added to the kvm group but not yet to the sudo group.

If possible, please post here in this thread about your experiences with the server. If you post your questions, others here can help you answer them. If you post about your successes, others can be inspired. So, please post here in this thread.

Thanks again for joining the server! I wish you the very best! 🌟

Tom

• edited April 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@youself64 said:
    Hi @Not_Oles

Hi @youself64!

Thanks for your request! Welcome to LES! Welcome to MetalVPS!

Please try something like:

You should be able to get in on IPv4 and on IPv6.

Your password is in a mode 600 file in your home directory. Please change your password if you wish. Password login is disabled, so you need your key to log in.

You have been added to the kvm group but not yet to the sudo group.

If possible, please post here in this thread about your experiences with the server. If you post your questions, others here can help you answer them. If you post about your successes, others can be inspired. So, please post here in this thread.

Thanks again for joining the server! I wish you the very best! 🌟

Tom

It gets error:

[email protected]: Permission denied (publickey).

EDIT: I fixed this error by using ssh -vvv -i sshpublickey [email protected] -p 42365 instead. :)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@youself64 said:

It gets error:

[email protected]: Permission denied (publickey).

Hi!

Sorry you are having trouble. Maybe I did something wrong on the server. Let's first use ls -l to look at the permissions on your ssh key files. Are you coming from Linux? If yes, can you please show us your ssh key file permissions? Here are mine:

chronos@penguin:~/.ssh$ ls -l id_ed25519 id_ed25519.pub 
    -rw------- 1 chronos chronos 411 Sep 16  2019 id_ed25519
    -rw------- 1 chronos chronos  99 Sep 16  2019 id_ed25519.pub
    chronos@penguin:~/.ssh$ 

Thanks!

Tom

@youself64 said: EDIT: I fixed this error by using ssh -vvv -i sshpublickey [email protected] -p 42365 instead.

Great that you fixed the issue! Congrats!

Yeah, I guess the most common errors are forgetting to use the high port and ssh not being able to find or (if findable) to read the keys.

Thanks for letting us know that the issue was resolved! :)

• edited April 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@Nikitas said:
    Hello, @Not_Oles !

@ExAjiMag said:
    Hi! @Not_Oles

i am a student and i am new to LES . I Want To Use QEMU , And KVM , Can I Get Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Shell Account ?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:

@itsmepaddi said:
    Hello!

Here is my SSH key:

Hi @itsmepaddi!

Welcome to LES! And to MetalVPS!

I provisioned your account. Please try something like

It should work both by IPv4 and Ipv6.

Your password is in a mode 600 file in your home directory. Please feel free to change your password. Password login has been disabled, so you need your ssh key. You might need your password later, for sudo, but you have not been added to sudo yet. You have been added to the kvm group.

May I please ask:

• How did you write your MetalVPS account request posted here in this thread? Your English seems pretty good. :) Did you use AI?
    • I am not asking you to prove anything, but, if you needed to do it, how might you prove that you are "a vocational high school student from Indonesia?"

I hope you enjoy the server! Please post here in this thread about your progress and about your questions. Posting here in the public thread is great because everybody can learn from your experience and, also, everybody can help you answer your questions.

Again, welcome! Thank you for joining the server! Best wishes!

Tom

I actually wrote it myself and I don't use any type of AI to write my request.
    I'm an IT student from a vocational high school in Indonesia. At school, we learn about Linux, Operating System, Virtualization, Web (Web design/coding) and another IT-related stuff.

By the way, thanks for the account!
    Paddi

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles