[Hardware] Back to Back Chassis (2 Chassis in a 1U)

ReliableSite_RadicReliableSite_Radic Hosting Provider

Hey all, something different than you typically see in LET.

Our hardware manufacturing leg has been spun off into it's own brand and we've set aside a small amount of chassis for resale purposes (the remaining are being used by and sold to RS). My intention is to get these out to a diverse number of people versus selling everything to a single customer. This helps us get a wider variety of feedback for any potential future improvements.

Design (see website for the full animation): Each server is 100% independent of each other and can be serviced separately.

Compatibility (see website for the full animation): Compatible with most mATX and full ATX boards. Supports both passive cooling and the dynatron liquid coolers.

Heat (see website for the full animation): We use air shrouds to separate cold and hot air, so the temperature sensitive components in the rear chassis receive only cold air.

Pricing: $799
Includes:
2 x Chassis
2 x Power Supplies
6 x Counter Rotating Fans
Rails
Details: https://www.boothardware.com

To order, either message me here, or fill out the contact form.

Note: This company is not affiliated with RS beyond myself. Please please please, don't let this thread stray off topic.

Comments

• edited April 2023

I like how this developed from https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/179748/poll-logo-feedback - the updated logo is definitely better than the WIP.

Looks like an interesting project. From the image on the website, I'm surprised that it looks like the two cases don't touch in the middle - I'd imagine that'd cause turbulence and maybe also hot air flow into the supposedly cold intake to the second server. Also a hot surprised that the air tunnel in the second server directs the hot outflow over the cold part of the PCB - it might make more sense to leave the whole PCB in the second server to be fed from the cold flow, and direct server 1's hot air around the side entirely.

Anyway, good luck. It's a "cool concept" (see what I did there ;p).

• ReliableSite_RadicReliableSite_Radic Hosting Provider

@ralf said:

Looks like an interesting project. From the image on the website, I'm surprised that it looks like the two cases don't touch in the middle -

They're completely flush, look at the last image.

• If you had a solid I/O shield, it would affect airflow, no?

• @ReliableSite_Radic said:

@ralf said:

Looks like an interesting project. From the image on the website, I'm surprised that it looks like the two cases don't touch in the middle -

But on the render of the rack, there's a gap, and if you go to the website there's either a low-quality render or photo at the top with a gap, and the animated rack from lots of angles clearly shows there's a gap all the way down the entire rack.

Anyway, still cool! :)

Thanked by (1)ReliableSite_Radic
  • @bdl said:
    If you had a solid I/O shield, it would affect airflow, no?

If you look very closely, you'll see it is a computer generated render. So there is no airflow anyway :p

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

@ralf said:

@ReliableSite_Radic said:

@ralf said:

But on the render of the rack, there's a gap, and if you go to the website there's either a low-quality render or photo at the top with a gap, and the animated rack from lots of angles clearly shows there's a gap all the way down the entire rack.

Anyway, still cool! :)

Agreed, but in real life, they are flush like the airflow render.

Thanked by (1)ralf

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ralf
  • There's definitely a small gap between the two chassis in that picture! :D

@ralf said:
    There's definitely a small gap between the two chassis in that picture! :D

Haha.

• somiksomik OG
    edited May 2023

@ralf said:
    There's definitely a small gap between the two chassis in that picture! :D

Thanked by (1)ReliableSite_Radic

We have a bracket coming soon that will allow you to throw a passive Intel Scalable heat sink (typically rated @ 205W TDP) on an AM4/AM5 socket.

We have a bracket coming soon that will allow you to throw a passive Intel Scalable heat sink (typically rated @ 205W TDP) on an AM4/AM5 socket.

Sorry, I must have missed out, which CPUs are you guys using on the server? AMD Epics?

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited May 2023

@somik said:

Sorry, I must have missed out, which CPUs are you guys using on the server? AMD Epics?

AM4/AM5 = Ryzen 7000 series or Ryzen 5000 series
    So probably 7950X, 5950X, etc but with a cooler/heatsink made originally for Intel Scalable processors, meaning more efficient cooling

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @Advin said:

@somik said:

So probably 7950X, 5950X, etc but with a cooler/heatsink made originally for Intel Scalable processors, meaning more efficient cooling

Thanks for the clarification @Advin.

That's what confused me cause I am more used to seeing these coolers on Intel server, but Since @ReliableSite_Radic mentioned AM4/AM5, I thought "wait, aren't those intel CPUs down there?"

@somik said:

@Advin said:

@somik said:

That's what confused me cause I am more used to seeing these coolers on Intel server, but Since @ReliableSite_Radic mentioned AM4/AM5, I thought "wait, aren't those intel CPUs down there?"

That's what the adapter bracket is for, to allow you to use "better" heatsinks with those Ryzen CPUs!

@somik said:

@Advin said:

@somik said:

That's what the adapter bracket is for, to allow you to use "better" heatsinks with those Ryzen CPUs!

Ah, I thought the adapter bracket is like the Thermal Grizzly contact frame:

Nope! There's just no great passive heatsinks for AM4/AM5.

Nope! There's just no great passive heatsinks for AM4/AM5.

That isn't passive heatsink. That's a server heatsink where the fan isn't directly on the heatsink, but goes in front of the case, just behind the drive bays and blows from front to back over the drives, heatsinks and all.