Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Shell Account! Make Your Own VPSes!

Comments

• edited April 2023

At the moment, load average is 13
    With around 30% CPU usage.

Guys, please use the free service wisely.

@Not_Oles is really a funfull and helpful grandpa!!

Thanked by (2)sh97 Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:
    Congrats! What's next for you? :)

For now I don't really know, maybe I will try to set up Apache web server.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles are u here?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • Hi, @Not_Oles. I want to get an account in your MetalVPS. I'm 17 years old guy from France. I used Linux only on VMware - Alpine Linux. It's my favourite Linux distro! I want to try creating QEMU-KVM virtual machines, try creating LXC containers and proot-environments. I have nice Linux skill. Here's my SSH key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIENxEGH5VonVLWw6nyrfa9idt/mPixNsYMjdrz3iT8oX eddsa-key-20230427. I hope I'll be accepted.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles I am from the neighboring nodeseek forum. Iam a College student and hope to receive a free MetalVPS to learn and practice.Thanks!:)
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIAeXYRyUCWmkeenKjdgA6yK5NDiRsEfqRhAARoeC61/7

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles Hey So I accidentally forgot save my private key so Here is my new public Key I made sure I saved my private and public keys here is my new public key ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGaBSZZxofHNojkMp09VE+lWpjOUvxpiaZtMM0h6uWfU

• @iamvinh123 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@iamvinh123 said: Just got an simple web server working

Sounds great! Congrats! 🤩

Do you want to describe the details of your webserver setup for us? :)

Nope but i think it's preinstalled with Python :)

Yes, it's a built in python module. He is calling the module which creates a single user python http server. He isn't modifying the requests sent to it yet so maybe that'll come later.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• edited April 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@dinopotato said:
    Hello @Not_Oles
    I just have problem with my PC, its always crash and I did reset it without save the keys, can you change my public keys?, i also make one key in my phone beware its broken again so can you add 2 ssh key?
    Sorry so much because I can make you bored
    First SSH Key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIA2sWwXTRniuAzKho/3KeE4M5OMVz7DJ4Ilaj6irjja/ eddsa-key-20230426
    Second SSH Key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIIgu1NOqMNI7YLdgZRxNyWK1/Jkf6nxjsPoYXdvqoq17
    Again sorry so much because I make you tired about this and thanks for helping me!
    Dino
    You can add me in discord: dinokhoa#5002

Hi Dino!

I added the two new keys to your account. You can remove the two old keys.

Honestly, I am really happy to help you! Things happen! So it's nice that you say you are sorry as a form of politeness, but you really didn't do anything bad. :)

I tried to send you a friend request on Discord, but the request failed. Discord said to check the spelling and the capitalization. Just so you know, Discord isn't faster for me than posting here. :)

Please continue to have fun on the server!

Best!

Tom

Hello Tom
    I just thinking about is there a problem with the first ssh key?
    I wonder the ssh works on my phone but my computer says
    login as: DinoPotato
    Server refused our key
    I just thinking about is my ssh key broken?, and can i add myself another ssh key?
    I did play around with it like setting up QEMU VMs, PuTTY port forwarding and some stuff
    Btw i added you in discord :)
    Good Night!
    Dino

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited April 2023

@Not_Oles It seems that vmcreator uses quite a bit of RAM and (probably?) cpu with a windows 10 rdp, should this be allowed? Should there probably be some sort of "vm moderators" on the server so resources cant be used a lot for a lot of time?
    Like people with sudo privilleges who can shutdown other peoples vms or something like that

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

http://dough.h4ck.me/ - we gonna get out of mcdonalds with this one!!!

• Some server resources will be used for installing gentoo in a vm. Sorry for anything bad happening

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

http://dough.h4ck.me/ - we gonna get out of mcdonalds with this one!!!

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@iamvinh123 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@iamvinh123 said: Just got an simple web server working

Sounds great! Congrats! 🤩

Do you want to describe the details of your webserver setup for us? :)

Nope but i think it's preinstalled with Python :)

That's a funny joke! 🌟

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

@EfeeUser said:

@Not_Oles said:

@EfeeUser said:
    Soo..
    Im being waiting for VPS but u dont send ip or skmething else in messages or here
    This is ssh key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGsfERa5YdG/YS0oV/SdDcncgf+fKtrkut1gKujox302

Hi @EfeeUser! Please continue participating in the discussions here at LES. We all look forward to getting to know you better. When you have some activity here at LES, I hope to be able to give you a MetalVPS account. I will keep trying! I hope you will keep trying too! Best wishes! Tom

OK, I'll Be Waiting For Account But, Give The ssh access in Messages.
    You Can Add Me In Discord Everytime,
    My Discord: Efee#9163

Hi @EfeeUser!

I am happy to see you here in the MetalVPS thread! Thank you for your interest in MetalVPS!

Sorry, I do not always understand why there seem to be communication challenges. You want me to give you ssh access to the server but you do not seem to want to tell us who and where you are, about your computer experience, how you found out about LES and about MetalVPS, and (except in a very general way) what you want to do on the server. You have a new account here at LES, and so we are not previously familiar with you. You continue asking and asking again, but there are communication challenges.

Thanks for your Discord ID, but, can we please continue talking here in this thread? Again I ask, do you have anything you want to add to your request? I will keep trying to give you an account. :)

Always best wishes!

Tom

• @dough said:

This is why people can't have nice things!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @dough said:

@Not_Oles It seems that vmcreator uses quite a bit of RAM and (probably?) cpu with a windows 10 rdp, should this be allowed? Should there probably be some sort of "vm moderators" on the server so resources cant be used a lot for a lot of time?
    Like people with sudo privilleges who can shutdown other peoples vms or something like that

@dough im sharing this vm with 10-15 people who dont have metalvps or their computer is bad so they cant run vms on their pc. But everyone wants atleast 2GB ram per vm. So thats why im using so much ram and it shouldnt use all 24GB for the vm? Best wishes! Tom

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@Fritz said:
    At the moment, load average is 13
    With around 30% CPU usage.

Guys, please use the free service wisely.

@Not_Oles is really a funfull and helpful grandpa!!

Hi @Fritz!

Thanks for helping monitor the server. Much appreciated! 👏👏👏👏👏

I also have been watching the usage. More soon!

Thanks again so much! <3

Tom

@itsmepaddi said:

@Not_Oles said:
    Congrats! What's next for you? :)

For now I don't really know, maybe I will try to set up Apache web server.

If Apache were set up on the node, then everybody could have a /home/$neighbor/www subdirectory which could be served by Apache. :)

Does anyone else like this idea?

• @VMCreator said:
    Hi @Not_Oles Im a 13 year old student ... Best wishes! Ken

@VMCreator said:
    @dough im sharing this vm with 10-15 people ... Best wishes! Tom

Are you also sharing your LET account too?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@EfeeUser said:
    @Not_Oles are u here?

Sometimes I need to sleep! 😴

MetalVPS might be looking for a volunteer System Administrator to help when I am sleeping. :) Also when I am awake! :) :)

• Minimally, the username "@VMCreator" is transparent with respect to what this user does

Thanked by (3)ralf Not_Oles chimichurri

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @NotRealZeyad said:
    @Not_Oles Hey So I accidentally forgot save my private key so Here is my new public Key I made sure I saved my private and public keys here is my new public key ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGaBSZZxofHNojkMp09VE+lWpjOUvxpiaZtMM0h6uWfU

@Not_Oles Please reply

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@dinopotato said:

@Not_Oles said:

@dinopotato said:
    Hello @Not_Oles
    I just have problem with my PC, its always crash and I did reset it without save the keys, can you change my public keys?, i also make one key in my phone beware its broken again so can you add 2 ssh key?
    Sorry so much because I can make you bored
    First SSH Key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIA2sWwXTRniuAzKho/3KeE4M5OMVz7DJ4Ilaj6irjja/ eddsa-key-20230426
    Second SSH Key:
    ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIIgu1NOqMNI7YLdgZRxNyWK1/Jkf6nxjsPoYXdvqoq17
    Again sorry so much because I make you tired about this and thanks for helping me!
    Dino
    You can add me in discord: dinokhoa#5002

Hi Dino!

I added the two new keys to your account. You can remove the two old keys.

Honestly, I am really happy to help you! Things happen! So it's nice that you say you are sorry as a form of politeness, but you really didn't do anything bad. :)

I tried to send you a friend request on Discord, but the request failed. Discord said to check the spelling and the capitalization. Just so you know, Discord isn't faster for me than posting here. :)

Please continue to have fun on the server!

Best!

Tom

Hello Tom
    I just thinking about is there a problem with the first ssh key?
    I wonder the ssh works on my phone but my computer says
    Server refused our key
    I just thinking about is my ssh key broken?, and can i add myself another ssh key?
    I did play around with it like setting up QEMU VMs, PuTTY port forwarding and some stuff
    Btw i added you in discord :)
    Good Night!
    Dino

Please try all lower case. All the usernames are entirely lower case: dinopotato

Please let us know if it works with lower case. If not, we can try checking more things until we get it working.

Best wishes!

@dough said:

Hi @dough!

Thanks for the heads up!

You are quite right to ask your question about the procedures which should be followed concerning high use. I will actively investigate! Please continue your extremely helpful comments!

Best wishes!

Tom

@dough said:
    Some server resources will be used for installing gentoo in a vm. Sorry for anything bad happening

Please share with us the PID of the Gentoo qemu instance. Thanks!

• hi, i am 12 years old student from antarctica. i have weak computer and want experiment with how run many kvm in nested fashion. please give me account with sudo, i want learn

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

@VMCreator said: @dough im sharing this vm with 10-15 people who dont have metalvps or their computer is bad so they cant run vms on their pc. But everyone wants atleast 2GB ram per vm. So thats why im using so much ram and it shouldnt use all 24GB for the vm? Best wishes! Tom

Hi @VMCreator,

I appreciate your telling us that you want to share VMs with other people. Maybe sharing with other people is something best discussed prior to doing it?

Is your name also Tom?

I have taken the liberty of temporarily suspending your account. I would be delighted to reactivate your account, but, first, what do you think about the two questions I asked here? Thanks!

Best wishes!

Tom

Thanked by (2)ralf terrorgen

• @NotRealZeyad said:

@NotRealZeyad said:
    @Not_Oles Hey So I accidentally forgot save my private key so Here is my new public Key I made sure I saved my private and public keys here is my new public key ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGaBSZZxofHNojkMp09VE+lWpjOUvxpiaZtMM0h6uWfU

@Not_Oles Please reply

@Not_Oles

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@NotRealZeyad said:

@NotRealZeyad said:

@Not_Oles Please reply

Hi @NotRealZeyad! I am a little slow. Have you noticed that usually I do reply to everyone? Please take it easy! Best wishes! Tom

• @Not_Oles said:

@NotRealZeyad said:

@NotRealZeyad said:

@Not_Oles Please reply

Hi @NotRealZeyad! I am a little slow. Have you noticed that usually I do reply to everyone? Please take it easy! Best wishes! Tom

Alright sorry for rushing

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles said:

@EfeeUser said:

@Not_Oles said:

@EfeeUser said:
    Soo..
    Im being waiting for VPS but u dont send ip or skmething else in messages or here
    This is ssh key: ssh-ed25519 AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NTE5AAAAIGsfERa5YdG/YS0oV/SdDcncgf+fKtrkut1gKujox302

Hi @EfeeUser! Please continue participating in the discussions here at LES. We all look forward to getting to know you better. When you have some activity here at LES, I hope to be able to give you a MetalVPS account. I will keep trying! I hope you will keep trying too! Best wishes! Tom

OK, I'll Be Waiting For Account But, Give The ssh access in Messages.
    You Can Add Me In Discord Everytime,
    My Discord: Efee#9163

Hi @EfeeUser!

I am happy to see you here in the MetalVPS thread! Thank you for your interest in MetalVPS!

Sorry, I do not always understand why there seem to be communication challenges. You want me to give you ssh access to the server but you do not seem to want to tell us who and where you are, about your computer experience, how you found out about LES and about MetalVPS, and (except in a very general way) what you want to do on the server. You have a new account here at LES, and so we are not previously familiar with you. You continue asking and asking again, but there are communication challenges.

Thanks for your Discord ID, but, can we please continue talking here in this thread? Again I ask, do you have anything you want to add to your request? I will keep trying to give you an account. :)

Always best wishes!

Tom

Im a github, azure, discord, twitter, guilded.gg user and where am i, im from turkey, if u want to ask something, i'll be respond.

edited April 2023

@angstrom said:
    hi, i am 12 years old student from antarctica. i have weak computer and want experiment with how run many kvm in nested fashion. please give me account with sudo, i want learn

Hi @angstrom!

Nice to hear from you! Thanks for your interest in MetalVPS! MetalVPS might soon switch Operating Systems from Debian to NetBSD-current. You can run NetBSD even on your weak computer and almost no matter what the architecture. Everything about NetBSD is so well organized! And, beyond the main NetBSD system, there is pkgsrc, which can be used to install thousands of software packages on NetBSD or on just about any operating system and architecture! At 12 years old, you would greatly benefit from a computational experience as well organized and thorough as NetBSD!

When you finish with NetBSD, if you still really want the MetalVPS experience, please email to the address on my profile at least four buckets of Antarctic snow plus a print out of your recommendation hand-written and hand-signed in blue ink by the President of the NetBSD Foundation. The Antarctic snow will be especially useful because summer is coming fast here in the Sonoran Desert.

Best wishes!

Tom

P.S. Just in case anyone misses it, @angstrom and I are joking around. @angstrom's post and this post are 100% joking. I hope MetalVPS will be a lot of fun for everyone, not only the neighbors, but the onlookers too! Best wishes @angstrom! You too @cmeerw! :)

Thanked by (3)angstrom FrankZ terrorgen