Cloud-V deadpool?

edited May 2023 in Outages

My vps with @CloudV up for now, but the site and billing panel is down. I have an invoice due on the 11th with no way of paying it. A shame, its a good service.
Seems theres no DNS records.
https://who.is/whois/cloud-v.net
https://isup.me/cloud-v.net

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;cloud-v.net.                   IN      A
;billing.cloud-v.net.           IN      A
;control.cloud-v.net.           IN      A
;cloud-v.net.                   IN      MX

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
cloud-v.net.            300     IN      SOA     ns-cloud-e1.googledomains.com. cloud-dns-hostmaster.google.com. 2 21600 3600 259200 300

;; Query time: 31 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Sun May 07 11:59:36 BST 2023

I suppose I'm looking for a replacement. 2GB, ssd, europe, dedicated ipv4, 25 EUR/yr.

Comments

• notice this since last week, not able access their website. are they deadpool?

• You tagged wrong person, you wanted to tag @Abdullah aka son of the owner aka different company aka same-different people.
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/135880/#Comment_135880

Thanked by (2)yoursunny FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• One of my friend reported that his vps was down for a long time and no answer on tickets as well.

• edited May 2023
  • CalinCalin Hosting Provider

@snake said: I suppose I'm looking for a replacement. 2GB, ssd, europe, dedicated ipv4, 25 EUR/yr.

>

Hello ,try https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/store/ddr3-ram-vps

• HostarisHostaris Hosting Provider
    edited May 2023

@snake said: I suppose I'm looking for a replacement. 2GB, ssd, europe, dedicated ipv4, 25 EUR/yr.

Take a look at https://deploy.hostaris.com

• @Hostaris said:

Just a friendly suggestion - it would be great to take a look at the plans without a login!

• edited May 2023

@sh97 said:
    it would be great to take a look at the plans without a login!

I've lost track of the number of LE* provider offers I've closed when they require an immediate login or sign-up to check specs or even find out if the offer is still valid. The other one that annoys me is when they only give you links to the purchase page but there's no link from there to the company page for reading some more info and you have to manually edit the URL - usually having to delete something from both the start and the end.

• @sh97 said:

@Hostaris said:

Just a friendly suggestion - it would be great to take a look at the plans without a login!

Yeah that's an instant "guess I don't actually care enough" sort of thing for me, I'm not going to give you my info just to check if your prices are competitive or not.

@sh97 said:

@Hostaris said:

They're at https://hostaris.com. The only reason I gave you the billing site is because discounts don't show up on the landing.

All that's required on the billing is a name and email. We don't ask about what you had for dinner last night.

• @Hostaris said:
    All that's required on the billing is a name and email. We don't ask about what you had for dinner last night.

Do they have to be real? Asking for a friend who didn't have dinner last night...

@ralf said:

@Hostaris said:

Do they have to be real? Asking for a friend who didn't have dinner last night...

Well, I'm not going to tell you to put fake information into it... but we don't verify anything yet unless we have an influx of abuse complaints originating from one of your VMs or if you have a dodgy payment method. I also don't see a reason to put fake information into it either.. so do as you will.

You'd want your email to be real because your SSH passwords get sent to it, and any other notifications regarding your server/account.

• @Hostaris said:

@ralf said:

@Hostaris said:

Well, I'm not going to tell you to put fake information into it... but we don't verify anything yet unless we have an influx of abuse complaints originating from one of your VMs or if you have a dodgy payment method. I also don't see a reason to put fake information into it either.. so do as you will.

You'd want your email to be real because your SSH passwords get sent to it, and any other notifications regarding your server/account.

I was being somewhat faceitous in that I was still talking about pre-sale... The reason I mention this is, as I've mentioned in another thread, I had a certain provider that I was required to enter such details prior to seeing the BF deals. After signing up, I discovered they were already out of stock, the billing system has no way to delete the account and 18 months later, I'm still getting spam about offers and service interruptions.

Whilst there is potential value to your sales funnel by capturing people's e-mail addresses at the first possible opportunity, that is also the very reason why many people don't want to provide such details unless they actually want to become a customer after having made an informed decision.

Thanked by (1)quicksilver03
    edited May 2023

@ralf said:
    I was being somewhat faceitous in that I was still talking about pre-sale... The reason I mention this is, as I've mentioned in another thread, I had a certain provider that I was required to enter such details prior to seeing the BF deals. After signing up, I discovered they were already out of stock, the billing system has no way to delete the account and 18 months later, I'm still getting spam about offers and service interruptions.

Whilst there is potential value to your sales funnel by capturing people's e-mail addresses at the first possible opportunity, that is also the very reason why many people don't want to provide such details unless they actually want to become a customer after having made an informed decision.

We have never and are not planning to use e-mails for marketing, especially when our privacy policy doesn't state it.

There is a new billing site in the works that will allow instant account deletion, provided your balance is empty & you have no active servers / have never had active servers. Anything outside of those terms will be manually processed.

• Just to be clear, deadpool is the way of life. Don't be afraid of deadpooling.

In fact, deadpool more.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:
    Just to be clear, deadpool is the way of life. Don't be afraid of deadpooling.

In fact, deadpool more.

Yes, the movie was great!

Wait, you were taking about the movie right? Cause I can't think of you saying monetary loss and data loss to be great.

Thanked by (1)terrorgen

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• @Hostaris said:
    We have never and are not planning to use e-mails for marketing, especially when our privacy policy doesn't state it.

I am sure you mean it but as a user I have no way of knowing that, so I will not give you my email.
    Any provider that asks for my email before I have decided to buy from them will never be able to sell me anything.

• @rcy026 said:

@Hostaris said:

I am sure you mean it but as a user I have no way of knowing that, so I will not give you my email.
    Any provider that asks for my email before I have decided to buy from them will never be able to sell me anything.

Just sign up for a temp email service if you really care. Or a email forwarder service. Once done, delete it.

• @deank said:
    Just to be clear, deadpool is the way of life. Don't be afraid of deadpooling.

In fact, deadpool more.

oh wait!

• A pro tip.
    Sell lots of lifetime deals for a month and deadpool after.
    Rinse and repeat: Easy money.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @somik said:

@rcy026 said:

@Hostaris said:

Just sign up for a temp email service if you really care. Or a email forwarder service. Once done, delete it.

I have an entire domain dedicated to spamtrap so that's not really the problem, I simply do not wish to do business with someone that phish for my email before I'm a customer.

• @rcy026 said:

@somik said:

@rcy026 said:

@Hostaris said:

I have an entire domain dedicated to spamtrap so that's not really the problem, I simply do not wish to do business with someone that phish for my email before I'm a customer.

So if they fish it after you're a customer, it's ok? :lol:

Either way, I also do the same. Have my own temp email service that I run from home for my personal use.

• @somik said:

@rcy026 said:

@somik said:

@rcy026 said:

@Hostaris said:

So if they fish it after you're a customer, it's ok? :lol:

Either way, I also do the same. Have my own temp email service that I run from home for my personal use.

If I am a customer they hopefully use it to communicate with me, so I would not call that phishing.

• Anyway, back to the topic. According to my spreadsheet, my service will expire tomorrow. Fortunately, I made sure a month ago to set it to not renew, but given that the billing portal is offline who knows what will actually happen to it.

• @ralf said:
    Anyway, back to the topic. According to my spreadsheet, my service will expire tomorrow. Fortunately, I made sure a month ago to set it to not renew, but given that the billing portal is offline who knows what will actually happen to it.

Works for me.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Oh, so it does. I was trying to visit https://www.cloud-v.net/ but yeah, changing www to billing does actually work.

• somiksomik OG
    edited May 2023

@ralf said:
    Oh, so it does. I was trying to visit https://www.cloud-v.net/ but yeah, changing www to billing does actually work.

Main site down, billing panel up... It's not shady at all!

missed jab's comment.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2023

If you missed the link in @Jab 's comment above check it out, Abdullah laid it all out about CloudV.
    IMO, Issues Yes. Shady No.

Direct link

Thanked by (1)somik

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    If you missed the link in @Jab 's comment above check it out, Abdullah laid it all out about CloudV.
    IMO, Issues Yes. Shady No.

Direct link

Ya, i totally missed that. Thanks.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

Posting on behalf of Cloud-V

Important Announcement: Service Migration and Compensation Period

We hope this email finds you well. We are writing to inform you of some important changes regarding the services provided by Cloud Five Limited.
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, Cloud Five Limited Company is unable to continue providing services effectively. As the sole proprietor of the company, I deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause.
    In order to ensure a seamless services for you, we have made arrangements to transfer your service to WebHorizon, a trusted partner who has been providing us with technical assistance and server management services.

WebHorizon IT Broadband Limited is a Private Limited Company registered in the United Kingdom (Company number 14514455).
    They have been actively assisting us with the management of our servers, and we have full confidence in their ability to provide you with the same level of service quality.
    You will experience the same pricing and specifications as before and have the option to re-create your service either in Germany or Norway, depending on availability.

To initiate the transfer process, we kindly request you to create an account at WebHorizon by visiting the following link: https://clients.webhorizon.net/signup/
    Once you have created your account, please submit a ticket at our Helpdesk to proceed with the service transfer.
    We encourage you to complete this process by 26th May 2023 to ensure a smooth transition.

We understand the recent service disruptions and issues you may have experienced, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

To compensate for these difficulties, we have arranged extra compensation period for your service. This will allow you to continue utilizing the transferred service with additional time at no extra cost.

We greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transition period. WebHorizon's support team is ready to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have during the transfer process.
    They will ensure a seamless transition and provide you with the better level of support and service quality.

Once again, we apologize for any disruption caused and thank you for your understanding. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Wishing you continued success and satisfaction with your hosting services.

Best regards,
    Mukhtar W.
    Cloud Five Limited