Keepsolid VPN Lifetime is on sale for 99$ again (normally 199$ nowadays)

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited May 2023 in General

Since I just referred @Wolveix to Keepsolid, I thought I'd share their sale here, too: Anyone who hasn't gotten Keepsolid's lifetime deal while it was on Stacksocial can get it for 99$ on sale right now: https://www.vpnunlimited.com/order/checkout?price=7000

I've been with them since 2016 and haven't looked back.
Wireguard has been a great addition and they've gotten more lax with their device count policy.

Support replies quickly to email inquiries and connections have been stable ("solid") and performant for me.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ hornet Wolveix

Comments

• It is good, indeed. It is so good I bought 2 lifetimes. Now I don't know how to live 2 lifetimes and resurrect myself. But the offer is good enough for 2 lifetimes.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

How are you... online?

• Cheers for the share!

Do you have experience with their browser extension?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @hornet said:
    Cheers for the share!

Do you have experience with their browser extension?

Yes. It works. Same locations are available for browser.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

How are you... online?

• Price still high, i have missed out on the deals on stacksocial so many times im hoping it will go on offer again

• @happy said:
    Price still high, i have missed out on the deals on stacksocial so many times im hoping it will go on offer again

Better than discontinued after 12 months

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Have a hard time getting over 100mbit/sec with this, have some other VPNs I can get full gigabit with. But I did buy it back years ago when it was much cheaper and it always works and the software is nice. Do I need to get more than 100mbit/sec? no, but its nice.

• Their wireguard is real problem. They automatically revoke keys every couple of days so configuration has to be continually updated on all the devices. Other protocols work fine though.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@mee2 said:
    Their wireguard is real problem. They automatically revoke keys every couple of days so configuration has to be continually updated on all the devices. Other protocols work fine though.

Only if you don't use their app, though iirc. But yeah, can get annoying. Speeds today were also kinda meh. Got 123 Mbit/s out of 180 Mbit/s without VPN. Not bad, but not as good as usual either.

• I tried 6 different servers that are very close to me and very low latency and could only get around 120mbit/s tops, many servers in the 80-90 range. I currently use a vpn provider that is a 'free' add-on product to something else I subscribe to and easily get 500+mbit/sec ... I suspect Keepsolid has sold a lot of plans and may be a little overloaded?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@JoeMerit said:
    I tried 6 different servers that are very close to me and very low latency and could only get around 120mbit/s tops, many servers in the 80-90 range. I currently use a vpn provider that is a 'free' add-on product to something else I subscribe to and easily get 500+mbit/sec ... I suspect Keepsolid has sold a lot of plans and may be a little overloaded?

Could be the case that they are a bit overloaded. They are also partly based in Ukraine iirc, so could be that they're understaffed to setup new nodes atm or experience other issues.

edited May 2023

@JoeMerit said:
    I tried 6 different servers that are very close to me and very low latency and could only get around 120mbit/s tops, many servers in the 80-90 range. I currently use a vpn provider that is a 'free' add-on product to something else I subscribe to and easily get 500+mbit/sec ... I suspect Keepsolid has sold a lot of plans and may be a little overloaded?

Way better result now that I tested on PC (Switzerland, OVPN, Keepsolid):

Without VPN (almost same speed; technically DSL line is 250/40, but I rarely get that):

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • @Ympker just tried a bunch more combinations (IKEv2, OpenVPN, Wireguard with 4 different locations) and fastest I could find was 260mbit/sec --- Shutting VPN off I get 900mbit/sec easily and on PrivadoVPN (get it included free with something) I get 700+mbit/sec from 3 locations. Would be nice if Keepsolid was faster, but I dont exactly use it for speed. At $99 i'd probably pick something else.

• bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

@JoeMerit said:
    @Ympker just tried a bunch more combinations (IKEv2, OpenVPN, Wireguard with 4 different locations) and fastest I could find was 260mbit/sec --- Shutting VPN off I get 900mbit/sec easily and on PrivadoVPN (get it included free with something) I get 700+mbit/sec from 3 locations. Would be nice if Keepsolid was faster, but I dont exactly use it for speed. At $99 i'd probably pick something else.

i usually get around 80% of my download speed or so when using keepsolid. i’d say it’s good enough, but nothing too special. for $99 dollars, this deal is not worth it. you could buy fastestvpn with more devices for 40 dollars.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@JoeMerit said:
    @Ympker just tried a bunch more combinations (IKEv2, OpenVPN, Wireguard with 4 different locations) and fastest I could find was 260mbit/sec --- Shutting VPN off I get 900mbit/sec easily and on PrivadoVPN (get it included free with something) I get 700+mbit/sec from 3 locations. Would be nice if Keepsolid was faster, but I dont exactly use it for speed. At $99 i'd probably pick something else.

Isn't 260 Mbit/s way faster than the 120 Mbit/s tops you were getting before though? While I can relate that maxing out the bandwidth you pay for is always something nice to do, for many vpn use cases (streaming, unblocking, downloading stuff) 100-200 Mbit/s are more than enough. Regarding whether it's worth the investment is something everyone needs to decide for themselves, so I won't say you're wrong either.
    This really comes down to individual usage.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • rootroot OG
    edited May 2023

@bruh21 said:
    for $99 dollars, this deal is not worth it. you could buy fastestvpn with more devices for 40 dollars.

Actually the deal is worth it. This is one very good VPN.

However, we are within a low end community, so with this in mind you are absolutely right. For $99 I would recommend any cheap lifetime plan from cheapest VPN provider + 1 cheap wifi router with a bit of extra memory + 1 cheap coffee to drink while installing OpenWRT with OpenVPN on router - and this way with one single VPN connection on one device (the router) a whole house can be covered and there might still be some money left from that $99, just to celebrate with a beer.

How are you... online?

• edited May 2023

@Ympker said: Isn't 260 Mbit/s way faster than the 120 Mbit/s tops you were getting before though? While I can relate that maxing out the bandwidth you pay for is always something nice to do, for many vpn use cases (streaming, unblocking, downloading stuff) 100-200 Mbit/s are more than enough. Regarding whether it's worth the investment is something everyone needs to decide for themselves, so I won't say you're wrong either. This really comes down to individual usage.

I suppose its fine. I paid $15 about 3 years ago. I'm happy with it at that price. For $99 I would prefer to get 3-5 years at one of the top ranked providers and there are cashback schemes where you can get 100% or more of your money back on some of these providers. (you pay the money and then some weeks, months later, you get your money credited back from a 3rd party.)

• @JoeMerit said:

@Ympker said: Isn't 260 Mbit/s way faster than the 120 Mbit/s tops you were getting before though? While I can relate that maxing out the bandwidth you pay for is always something nice to do, for many vpn use cases (streaming, unblocking, downloading stuff) 100-200 Mbit/s are more than enough. Regarding whether it's worth the investment is something everyone needs to decide for themselves, so I won't say you're wrong either. This really comes down to individual usage.

I suppose its fine. I paid $15 about 3 years ago. I'm happy with it at that price. For $99 I would prefer to get 3-5 years at one of the top ranked providers and there are cashback schemes where you can get 100% or more of your money back on some of these providers. (you pay the money and then some weeks, months later, you get your money credited back from a 3rd party.)

I am curious how this works or who gives that money back.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

How are you... online?

• @root said: I am curious how this works or who gives that money back.

Some sort of affiliate scheme. You have to sign up at the 'cashback' site and then you have to buy the VPN service through their affiliate links. I wouldn't suggest anyone use this type of thing without fully researching.