KTS24 Down?

Everything appears to be down at KTS24 (for more than an hour so far), including their own web site. @HaendlerIT

Comments

• @cmeerw said:
    Everything appears to be down at KTS24 (for more than an hour so far), including their own web site. @HaendlerIT

I can confirm -- both of my VPSes have been down for more than 1,5 hours now

Thanked by (1)Ganonk

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• Seems to be back up now. Looks like it was a network connectivity issue - VPS hasn't rebooted.

• @cmeerw said:
    Seems to be back up now. Looks like it was a network connectivity issue - VPS hasn't rebooted.

^

Thanked by (1)jmaxwell
  • edited May 2023

@cmeerw said:
    Seems to be back up now. Looks like it was a network connectivity issue - VPS hasn't rebooted.

Yes, it seems so

(Mine were unreachable for 1 hour 52 minutes)

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @cmeerw said:

By the way, @RapToN is probably the guy to call :)

• edited May 2023

I confirm, it was down for about 1 hour and 50 minutes, and no reboot

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• Was it the typical Skylink network mayhem?

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited May 2023

@webcraft said:
    Was it the typical Skylink network mayhem?

The dc website itself was up when the rest was down.
    Given the IP/Prefix and traceroute, it/was actually reachable within the DC.

But the custumer prefixes, where not reachable after running through frankfurt / combahton.
    However, they where announced.

Idk, what this was.
    Maybe they changed something on the routing / network and broke it, however idk why it then took them then over 1 hour to fix it.

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited May 2023

@Neoon said:

@webcraft said:

But the custumer prefixes, where not reachable after running through frankfurt / combahton.

Idk, what this was.
    Maybe they changed something on the routing / network and broke it, however idk why it then took them then over 1 hour to fix it.

Skylink previously had GLOBE datacenters as their upstream, but GLOBE was raided and the entire DC was completely shut down by police as apparently they (GLOBE) were hosting one of the biggest IPTV operations in Europe. https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-iptv-data-center-raid-took-down-several-innocent-websites-230525/

GLOBE seems to have very strong ties with Skylink, and the shutdown happened on the 24th of May. Skylink probably wasn't prepared for this.

Will have to see what happens with both Skylink and GLOBE, luckily Skylink is still online with Combahton. Seems like the director of Skylink is directly involved with & associated with GLOBE.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited May 2023

@Advin said:

@Neoon said:

@webcraft said:

Idk, what this was.

Skylink previously had GLOBE datacenters as their upstream, but GLOBE was raided and the entire DC was completely shut down by police as apparently they (GLOBE) were hosting one of the biggest IPTV operations in Europe. https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-iptv-data-center-raid-took-down-several-innocent-websites-230525/

GLOBE seems to have very strong ties with Skylink, and the shutdown happened on the 24th of May. Skylink probably wasn't prepared for this.

Will have to see what happens with both Skylink and GLOBE, luckily Skylink is still online with Combahton

Skylink also does provide sat downlinks, oh boy.