NatVPS Germany Node Failure Corrupted File System

AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

NatVPS.net Germany node encountered a kernel issue yesterday afternoon.
Upon further investigation, we found that the file system was corrupted.
We tried to fix the kernel issue, but unfortunately, the file system is now unbootable.
Unfortunately, this has resulted in the loss of all data on the node.

We are currently working on re-creating all affected services and restoring them to a new node. We will keep you updated on the progress and expect to have all services restored as soon as possible.

We understand that this may cause inconvenience and frustration, especially for those who did not maintain their own backups. We highly recommend that all clients regularly maintain their own backups to avoid such situations.

If you have a nat service in this region, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.

Comments

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Sorry to hear about this. Best of luck for the re-provisioning and to the customers restoring their data.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • Official statement from company representative and owning up to the problem. @Abdullah you are already doing better then big name companies like Asus and Nvidia there!

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• @somik said:
    Official statement from company representative and owning up to the problem. @Abdullah you are already doing better then big name companies like Asus and Nvidia there!

@Abdullah I don't have service with you there, but I really do appreciate an honest provider!

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@somik said:
    Official statement from company representative and owning up to the problem. @Abdullah you are already doing better then big name companies like Asus and Nvidia there!

@TigersWay said:

@somik said:

@Abdullah I don't have service with you there, but I really do appreciate an honest provider!

Thanks for the good words.
    I try my best to provide good service , but such incidents do happen sometimes. I feel sorry about it.

All services affected by the incident have been re-created successfully.
    I have also confirmed the IPv6 connectivity on re-created services is working properly.

You can now use the control panel to install your preferred operating system and start using the vps once again.

• edited May 2023

@Abdullah said: I have also confirmed the IPv6 connectivity on re-created services is working properly.

To me it's the same as before - non functional.

edit.
    Ah, it died anyway.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @Mumbly said:

@Abdullah said: I have also confirmed the IPv6 connectivity on re-created services is working properly.

edit.
    Ah, it died anyway.

For me it worked for a short time but right now I get "No route to host" :/

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said: For me it worked for a short time but right now I get "No route to host"

IPv6 or VPS?

• Now it came back with working IPv6.

• ah, died again...

@Mumbly said:
    ah, died again...

@Brueggus said:

@Mumbly said:

edit.
    Ah, it died anyway.

For me it worked for a short time but right now I get "No route to host" :/

Fixed once again now.

• edited May 2023

@Abdullah said:
    Fixed once again now.

IPv6 doesn't seem persistent. Sometimes it work, but after VPS reboot it come back without working IPv6 and after another reboot it work again (update: or not...).

edit.
    After some time it die also without reboot.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

As mentioned on ogf this is happening due to a bug in latest OpenVz7 kernel
    https://bugs.openvz.org/browse/OVZ-7421 / https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1890578&p=10391419#post10391419

I have implemented a workaround. IPv6 should be working fine now. :)

• Looking for data corruption specials

• Looking for a working ipv6 connectivity. ;)

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

@Ananchoreta said:
    Looking for a working ipv6 connectivity. ;)

I can migrate your vps to a different location if that works,

https://bugs.openvz.org/browse/OVZ-7421 this is going to take time. No one has proposed any fixes yet,

• @Abdullah

Back to my little VPS for VPN. Will IPV6 come back? And you wrote on Discord you might have to shut down Germany anyway?
    Problem is: one things the VPS via VPN has to do is giving me IPV6 Connectivity. (And DE Location to not have to much Captcha Annoyance and get banned by wrong Country IP)

So, is Germany on the long run gone? Then I maybe will just let the VPS run out and wont complain if this cheap 3.45$ VPS did and does not do the job intended for the last months and save you and me nerves and time.

Else, I Have taken a look at your locations:
    It would be great if you could move/set up the VPS in Switzerland and return it later.

• edited May 2023

@Ananchoreta said: Then I maybe will just let the VPS run

Well, it's running out anyway. I am wondering if we're the only two clients there :P

• In about two months. Which would then mean 2/3 the VPS was up and running as indented.
    But it is just not worth getting upset about it.
    The sun is shining, it is a public holiday, therefore I will better get out in the garden and open me a beer. :)

Thanked by (2)jugganuts FrankZ
  • @Abdullah said:
    https://bugs.openvz.org/browse/OVZ-7421 this is going to take time. No one has proposed any fixes yet,

Wouldn't it be an option to downgrade the kernel?

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/