Inception Hosting Locations and Mr.VM transferbandwith clarification

Hi guys new to lowendspirit do you guys know if the transfer bandwith only counts outbound traffic or both inbound and outbound? Was going to use it as a reverse proxy portforward but worried I will get double charged (500gb plan effectivly 250gb bc of double bandwith).

Tagged:

Comments

• Both directions count toward bandwidth - at least for IH. src: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/137851/lowendspirit-february-bundle-4-x-vps-for-10-00-p-year-total/p1

For MrVM you still have 5Mbps after bandwidth allowance is reached.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Both.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Both.
    Mrvm limits speed (10mbit) after limit is reached.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said:
    Both.

Ah kk ty for clarification. Fall back speed is great though

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Both.

Thank you very much for the clarification :)

• @mikho said:
    Both.

Sorry to bother again is the 10mbit offered on VPS - NAT256 (US-NY)?

https://lowendspirit.com/locations.html
    says 5mbit (is that incorrect)?

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@smithers2 said:

@mikho said:
    Both.

Some locations, where I have more bandwidth, gets 10mbit instead of 5mbit.
    It is ”easier” to claim 5mbit on the website and then ”upgrade” on some locations then listing the limits for each location.

If my memory serves me right, it was a long time since I did set this up. There are only 2 locations which actually is 5mbit, those are Singapore and Las Vegas.

I do reserve the right to limit any/all locations to 5mbit if/when needed.

Thanked by (1)hawahawago

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said:

@smithers2 said:

@mikho said:
    Both.

It is ”easier” to claim 5mbit on the website and then ”upgrade” on some locations then listing the limits for each location.

If my memory serves me right, it was a long time since I did set this up. There are only 2 locations which actually is 5mbit, those are Singapore and Las Vegas.

@mikho said:

@smithers2 said:

@mikho said:
    Both.

Got it thanks for the clarification

• @seriesn said:
    Not kissing anyone’s ass. Just wanted to thank @AnthonySmith @mikho for keeping the “LowendSpirit” alive!

Well no.
    @AnthonySmith is moving out of NAT since a while.

First he dropped NAT KVM, then he dropped LES Italy, LES Japan and now dropped HAProxy support.
    Others like @mikho are expanding the empire.

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Neoon said:

@seriesn said:
    Not kissing anyone’s ass. Just wanted to thank @AnthonySmith @mikho for keeping the “LowendSpirit” alive!

Well no.
    @AnthonySmith is moving out of NAT since a while.

First he dropped NAT KVM, then he dropped LES Italy, LES Japan and now dropped HAProxy support.
    Others like @mikho are expanding the empire.

Actually, I think he was talking about the forum generally or the literally spirit, not the product.

Anyway there was no point in me continuing to pay money out of my own pocket for a 6th year to support Japan and Italy and spend a further 50+ working hours on migrating them to VZ7 when others are already managing to to make them commercially viable where I could not or did not want to.

When I started the NAT services a long time ago it was a project, it cost money, now we have a ton of people copying the model and hopefully able to commercially sustain it and it is no longer a unique service by any means and others are able to do it better and provide more time.

You yourself have managed to take over in providing free NAT KVM services, where as mine cost me personally around €1000 per year initially to offer.

I took the spirit of doing less with more and once LET/B had been bastardised by a bunch of criminals and con artists who just enjoyed a good laugh at our expense (and continue to do so) and tried to spread that initial spirit a bit further.

Now I can’t personally sustain the costs of the external services any more such as Japan and Italy because 1. I don’t need to with so many others offering the same and even at lower prices in some cases and 2. Which is related the point 1 the numbers of people using the service literally halved over the past few years with so many others offering good alternatives pushing the costs up I decided to shut them down.

You know better than anyone about dropping projects and when it is time to do so.

The bit that I feel I can do now is to try and run a community space here, the great thing about this one is that when it comes my time to step aside I can literally just hand over access and walk away and it can live on.

LES used to be synonymous with cheapo NAT services 5 years ago, then it got confusing as others joined doing bigger plans and offering support, most pulled out or failed, I kept paying, @mikho is now the NAT king.

People were referring to Cams services as LES and that other kid that abandoned people for 6 months at a time who’s name I forget and even your KVM stuff at times was getting blurred in which is part of why I killed the old forum, when the new main LES site is sorted (soon tm) then the old LES idea will be dropped from the web and this site will take its place.

Anyway I just woke up and feel like I am mixing a rant in with a history lesson now.

tl;dr lowendspirit is not a NAT VPS service, it is a way of thinking.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• I should have written a bit more, I did not intended to trigger a rant.
    I know that NAT has a tiny tiny margin if even.

You did a good thing with NAT for the community, that's out of question.
    I just wanted to respond to his comment, I should have written a bit more.

Infact NanoKVM if I would add the numbers up, we should be close to the same.