VPN from Mozilla

vyasvyas OG
edited July 2020 in General

Available in the US, UK, SG, NZ, Malaysia and Canada currently.
$4.99/ month
https://vpn.mozilla.org/
What do you think?

What do you think?
  1. Will you sign up and pay 5 bucks/month?44 votes
    1. Nay
      70.45%
    2. Yay
        9.09%
    3. Don’t know
      20.45%
Tagged:

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

It's just Mullvad, so may as well go direct so one less company has your info.

Thanked by (2)Decicus Ouji

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• As Mike said, it's just Mullvad. It's slightly cheaper to get it via Mozilla it seems (5 EUR vs. 5 USD).
    I suppose it's neat for those that are looking for a VPN service that also trusts Mozilla, but have never heard of Mullvad before.

I already use Mullvad, so I probably won't bother to go through Mozilla, but as a Firefox user I think it's a cool partnership.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited July 2020

‘Free/Donationware’

Firefox browser
    Email client
    Have you been pwned licensed service
    Firefox send
    Firefox Relay
    Sync
    Pocket
    Speech to text (beta)

——
    Paid:

VPN

——
    Wonder what’s next:

Email/chat
    CDN
    FF for IOt devices

• Maybe they will run gigantic Matrix.org servers like Freenode. :)

• RahulRahul OG
    edited July 2020

How does this stand with Opera's Browser with built-in VPN ( HERN Labs AB, I think. ) ?

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Heard not so nice things about Mullvad from another VPN Guru I trust a while back. I feel better with KeepSolid and their straight forward approach to stating what they log. Also for that price point, not gonna get it.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • I had to join the waitlist, guessing because of my Thai IP address... maybe I should have used a VPN.

Thanked by (2)vyas Ympker
  • @Ympker said: Also for that price point, not gonna get it.

Yes, we have been spoiled to the point that it's acceptable to us as yearly rate . :p

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • There is a free and modified version of Firefox with VPN already installed. It's called: Tor Browser.

Thanked by (2)benj0x Harambe
  • Good way for them to raise some money I guess? I wouldn't touch it at that pricing, but I'm sure they'll convince a few folks.

Between Tor, a cheap annual/"lifetime" VPN deal, and a $15-20/yr VPS running wireguard - i'm covered in every scenario I'd ever need at around half the price.

Could only see it being worth it for someone if the APAC PoPs were good and they needed those.

🦍🍌

• Just one more of their attempts at staying financially sustainable, not very interesting if you ask me.

Thanked by (3)Ympker Ouji vyas
  • @Nyr said:
    Just one more of their attempts at staying financially sustainable, not very interesting if you ask me.

I feel less icky about this than taking elGoog money. Let's see

• @Ympker said:
    Heard not so nice things about Mullvad from another VPN Guru I trust a while back. I feel better with KeepSolid and their straight forward approach to stating what they log. Also for that price point, not gonna get it.

Also, Windscribe FTW! :smile:

Thanked by (3)Ympker Dazzle ialexpw
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@K4Y5 said:

@Ympker said:

Also, Windscribe FTW! :smile:

That, too ;)