What do you do with a IPv4 NAT VPS?

Just picked one up from @mikho

What do you do with yours? Interested it your use case :)

Comments

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Proxy, game server, teamspeak, irc client, websites,

To name a few things people are using already.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• My mrvm instance - DNS using unbound, wireguard, runs last resort rclone repository backup for my borgbackup servers.
    vpsdime instance - primary borgbackup server, wireguard. Spare capacity for stuff I haven't thought of yet.
    free euserv instance (IPV6 only) - secondary borgbackup server.

• I have 5 x mrvm that I use for monitoring. Being able to measure things from different networks in different parts of the world for basically no money at all is awesome. They all collect metrics and feed it to a central Influxdb which is then used by Grafana to draw pretty graphs on a monitor in my office. Looks pretty nice when you get dials and graphs with reply times from lots of different countries. :smile:
    Also, they are all part of a wireguard network so the fact that they are behind ipv4 nat is a non issue for me, I reach them on internal addresses anyway.

Thanked by (3)mikho Abdullah skorous
  • IDLE, what else?

microLXC NO location, gave away 15x 512MB, 50GB SSD boxen.
    Currently the storage usage is about 67GB of 850GB SSD Storage, disappoint.

Thanked by (2)Ganonk bdl
  • if open port to all,, i'm free to anything :lol:

@rcy026 said:
    I have 5 x mrvm that I use for monitoring. Being able to measure things from different networks in different parts of the world for basically no money at all is awesome. They all collect metrics and feed it to a central Influxdb which is then used by Grafana to draw pretty graphs on a monitor in my office. Looks pretty nice when you get dials and graphs with reply times from lots of different countries. :smile:
    Also, they are all part of a wireguard network so the fact that they are behind ipv4 nat is a non issue for me, I reach them on internal addresses anyway.

You should get all locations ;)

• @mikho said:

@rcy026 said:
    I have 5 x mrvm that I use for monitoring. Being able to measure things from different networks in different parts of the world for basically no money at all is awesome. They all collect metrics and feed it to a central Influxdb which is then used by Grafana to draw pretty graphs on a monitor in my office. Looks pretty nice when you get dials and graphs with reply times from lots of different countries. :smile:

You should get all locations ;)

Most of my clients are in Europe so I don't really need that...but yeah, I might do it just for the awesome Grafana dashboard I could make with metrics from the whole world. :smile:

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Cloudflare IPv6to4 websites :)

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • Mostly VPN and monitoring.

• @Ympker said:

Hey that’s my answer :-)

I use the NATs to try on Content Management Systems that run on PHP.

• ssh tunnel socks5

Action and Reaction in history

• @Ympker said:

Why outsource it when there is automated "Proxy Domains" via panel on most ones ?

On Wishosting its manual via ticket.

• @Rahul said:

@Ympker said:

Why outsource it when there is automated "Proxy Domains" via panel on most ones ?

On Wishosting its manual via ticket.

Limited to one domain I believe. We would like to host multiple web on it.

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @chocolateshirt said: Limited to one domain I believe. We would like to host multiple web on it.

@mikho could you enlighten us on this?

@Rahul said:

@chocolateshirt said: Limited to one domain I believe. We would like to host multiple web on it.

@mikho could you enlighten us on this?

Not limited. You can create as many as you want.

TCP proxy entries will be deleted. Only HTTP/S are allowed.

You need to configure your webserver to handle the different domains you add, same as you would have done on a ”regular” VPS.

Thanked by (2)chocolateshirt Abdullah

• Thank you for the I will try to add another domain then.

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited August 2020

@Rahul said:

Where do I see that?

• I use my NAT VPS for Hosting Websites, VPN and Proxy Stuff

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@vyas said:

@Rahul said:

Where do I see that?

It is integrated in the control panel of Inception hosting. MrVm has it by name 'Domain Forwarding'.
    Wishosting users needs to use tickets for forwarding & does not support https (afaik).

• @Abdullah is it integrated in the control panel of your's, too?

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • One of my mikho NAT VPS is used for maintaining a reverse SSH tunnel providing fail-safe option to my PC in my office (it's behind a corporate NAT) ever since having to work from home. Sometimes the GUI crashes on the computer and RDP programs cannot be accessed, so I use the SSH reverse tunnel to sudo reboot when it happens.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@Rahul said:
    @Abdullah is it integrated in the control panel of your's, too?

Yes, integrated brother.

• @Abdullah said:

@vyas said:

@Rahul said:

Where do I see that?

It is integrated in the control panel of Inception hosting. MrVm has it by name 'Domain Forwarding'.
    Wishosting users needs to use tickets for forwarding & does not support https (afaik).

Got it ?

Thanked by (3)Ympker Abdullah mikho
  • I forgot about it...
    Had ssh tunnel there.

• @vyas said: Got it

One question, is it live for you on LES UK (I'm at Mininode2VZ7 to be exact ) ?

I can't seem to find the

@Rahul said: Proxy Domains

is it just me or ?

@Rahul said:

@vyas said: Got it

One question, is it live for you on LES UK (I'm at Mininode2VZ7 to be exact ) ?

I can't seem to find the

@Rahul said: Proxy Domains

is it just me or ?

@AnthonySmith

• edited August 2020

@Rahul said:
    is it just me or ?

I don't have Proxy Domains on Mininode2VZ7 (UK) either, but it works on Mininode1VZ7 (NL) and Mininode9VZ7 (US).

• I use one of mrvm us nat for telegram rss bot , about two years.

• @hawahawago said:
    I use one of mrvm us nat for telegram rss bot , about two years.

Cool, any links to How Tos?

• I've used them as general beataround vps and scrapers in the past, and also as vpn endpoints. Really they can do almost anything a native ipv4 vps of similar size can. But I kept wanting more disk space. I did use one of Neoon's to experiment with a control panel (I've forgotten its name) but hit some snag end ended up using a Vultr VM for that. Anyway NAT is great.