Repost : Free Webhosting

seriesnseriesn OG
edited November 2019 in Free Offers and Stuff

This was posted on LET before, but with LES community growing, this should be beneficial for the new LES members as well :)

I am just going to drop this and leave it here for those who need something simple for their personal projects/blog/school websites etc.
This is a web hosting project that I have been doing for a little over a year now to give back to the internet (call it online charity?). (@kujoe is my inspiration)

Please don’t be a dick. Feel free to use it for personal projects. All the usual common sense based rules and regulation applies. I don’t sell your info nor spam you with “upgrades/promotions “). I respect your privacy and you as a human. However, during the signup process, you still need to provide real info. Granted I won’t be asking for ID proof but if your name is Ben Dover from 69 BIG ROD st, yeah you won’t be getting activated.

Yes, I know “Unmetered “ storage or data doesn’t exist. You do have to understand that most of the average Joe on the internet, making their first website, they don’t know how things work and we humans love to have things in bigger quantities than we actually need. So the idea was to signup for the hosting and use it that’s it. Don’t worry about the nitty-gritty maths to figure out what you need or how much.

As long as you adhere to the policy (website only content, no resource-hogging/being a dick, etc.) I will bite my tongue and stick to offering “Unmetered “ space for your personal project.

If you plan to use this for the next Facebook/Backupzilla/Imgur, etc. , this is not for you! It is free for a reason and the reason is, a user domain account is limited to 3qty of each core feature (FTP/subdomain/database/email etc) and support is strictly via the community forum.

You have all the jazz of usual hosting (auto-installer, da control panel etc). Multiple PHP version/Node.JS/Python Supported.

Spammings and other BS activities are strictly prohibited and service will be terminated at the first sign of abuse. Multiple product sign up is welcome. There’s no catch. No bait and switch. I don’t ask for much. Just be a decent human and don’t abuse it :).

The service is pretty stable. I only had 2 major downtime this year (1 due to cheap hardware and other due to human error at 2 am). My uptime is almost 99.97% as of right now this year.

Okay done with the speech, here’s the link: ServedEZ

Pretty sure not violating forum rules since I am not asking for money in return of the service aka selling, I respect this community enough. Please delete this post without any hesitation if I broke any rules.

Constructive criticism is fine. SMF doesn’t have that many forum themes that are not flashy :(. Usage is monitored and any domain that gets 0 monthly hits or not actively updated (abandoned) after 2 months of no usage gets suspended, followed by termination if the user doesn’t respond.

Enjoy. Thanks.

Comments