Listen to the Story of the Lion City, while enjoying your pizza!

Greetings from the Lion City - Singapore

You asked, and we had to deliver!

Earlier this year we had mentioned that we will pause our expansion to other cities till next year. But several of our family members demanded that we cater towards the ever so growing Asian clientele.

Today, we are excited to announce the 7th addition to Nexus Bytes Global Locations, The Lion City, Singapore.

The following product lines are available to deploy in Singapore, effective immediately :

AMD Ryzen + Nvme Powered
- Premium KVM VPS
- vDedicated Server

To celebrate Singapore launch and oh and our 4th birthday (forgot to tell you, we are turning 4 in less than 10 days!), we have some exciting promotions for you:

• HelloMerLion: 25% discount on our SG Servers + 25% Bandwidth Bump : Total usage: 25

• IMissedOut: 15% discount on our SG Servers + 15% Bandwidth Bump : Total Usage: 35
    End date: August 31st, Monday

Please note: To redeem the bandwidth bump, which is a special for forum members only (Only the forums where we promote Nexus Bytes), you must pm us (I.e me, uncle bobs only nephew).

Coupons are valid for the following billing terms :
-Quarterly
-Semi-annual
-Annual

Order Link:

Premium KVM : https://my.nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=26
vDedi: https://my.nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=29

Why we think our newest location is awesome

Singapore's name comes from 'Singa Pura' which means Lion City in Sanskrit. Once a British colonial trading post, today Singapore is a thriving global financial hub and described as one of Asia's economic "tigers". What do you know, Singapore is quite the "beast"!

Singapore is a particularly well connected region, allowing local users to significantly reduce their latency time. If majority of user users are connecting from the asian region, spare them the stress and the anger, that is caused by slow loading websites. You can deploy your service in our Singapore Location today! Don't keep the Merlion waiting.

Special Offer: Bob's Pizza Party

Many of you may be familiar with Bob. He is a cool character, and in addition to his love for super fast servers, he loves Pizzas. To celebrate out 4th Birthday, we asked Bob if he could share his Pizzas with the NexusBytes Family. Awesome guy that he is, Bob agreed. In plain, simple terms, we will

- Bob's Pizza Party:

Thanks to Bob, 4 lucky winners will get 1 Personal pan pie pizza + Upto 3 toppings every 12 hours starting at US EST 12PM, August 16th 2020, and ending at August 18th, 11:59 PM. . You will simply need to opt in for this raffle to win a free personal pan pizza.

Opt in: https://forms.gle/GJBSSkPJ7xL68nyRA

We are only sharing pizza with family members, which means, you must have an active service with us <3

Also see

Limited vDedi Clearance: https://my.nexusbytes.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=163 - Stackable

Site Wide 15% discount on any products till the month ends : Birthday4

Applies to new orders and plan upgrades to standard plans :)

Eligible plans

Valid till : September 6th, 11:59 AM

To our existing loyal family members,

I hold you guys near and dear to my heart. Thank you for being a valued member of the NexusBytes family. Your have shown continuous support and been generous in showering us with your love! We can never thank you enough for your continued business.

FAQ :

• Multiple Locations : NYC Metro, USA | Miami, Florida, USA | LA, California, USA | Ogden, Utah, USA | Falkenstein, Germany | Singapore
  • Test IP and Download
    *Network Comparison for Data Nerds:
  • Don't be dick policy applies
  • Nested Virt Enabled
  • Custom ISO support
  • /64 IPv6 (Not available in Germany)
  • Hassle free rDns setup for IPv4 and IPv6 (Germany requires manual intervention)
  • All codes and plans are recurring. You will be grandfathered in if we ever increase pricing.
  • Promo plans are not transferable, not eligible for contract buyout/switcher. Only valid for new orders.
  • True 24/7 support. Average ticket resolution time: 1 hour.
  • Accepted Payment Methods:
    • Debit/Credit Card
    • Paypal
    • Ali Pay
    • WeChat Pay
    • OXXO Mexico
    • Boleto Brazil
    • WebMoney
    • India NetBanking
    • Paytm
    • Bitcoin / BitcoinCash / LiteCoin / Ethereum

Comments

• vyasvyas OG
    edited August 2020

Bob goes to see the Merlion!

Annual + Merlion discount = steal.
    Damn

Seven Deadly Sins of VPS Buying. By Amar Vyas. Posted on LowEndSpirit

Thanked by (2)poisson seriesn

Squats are the new Push-ups

• Birthday4 does not exists

• Better grab the limited discount coupon codes fast. The prices are very competitive after discount and that's not even considering how prem Nexus Bytes is.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:
    Better grab the limited discount coupon codes fast. The prices are very competitive after discount and that's not even considering how prem Nexus Bytes is.

My family is more prem<3.

• Happy 4th birthday Bob! <3

Thank you for the great service and free pizza. :p

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • ArkArk OG
    edited August 2020

Another prem location,
    Advance Happy birthdat Nexus Bytes 4th :3
    Thank you @seriesn =)

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • Well, I finally cannot resist :-). Congrats for the upcoming birthday.

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Hosting Provider

Will be there a reseller in your new Lion city location?

Thanked by (1)seriesn

✓✓Only shared hosting-both DA and cPanel Still in 2006

• @beagle said:
    Happy 4th birthday Bob! <3

Thank you for the great service and free pizza. :p

@nhocconan said:
    Well, I finally cannot resist :-). Congrats for the upcoming birthday.

@Ark said:
    Another prem location,
    Advance Happy birthdat Nexus Bytes 4th :3
    Thank you @seriesn =)

Thanks Fam!! <3

@Intelpentium0 said:

Hiya, Reseller pool or web hosting?

• @seriesn said:

@imok said:
    Birthday4 does not exists

Fixed it. Hope you are "OK" now :)

I thought OK was a coupon code :lol:

Virmach did a big damage

• Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Hosting Provider

@Intelpentium0 said:

Reseler hosting.

✓✓Only shared hosting-both DA and cPanel Still in 2006

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited August 2020

@Intelpentium0 said:

@Intelpentium0 said:

Reseler hosting.

Aha!

I got Miami pending for shared and reseller hosting. Once that is done, SG will be next. So sometimes around Christmas?

Thanked by (1)poisson
  • lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Thanks @seriesn ! Now just waiting on the storage nodes to get to there, Utah, and London :)

• @lentro said:
    Thanks @seriesn ! Now just waiting on the storage nodes to get to there, Utah, and London :)

Soon someday soon. But SG won't be getting storage love anytime soon :(

• @lentro said:

SG's bandwidth pricing makes it tough for storage. I can live with Europe and NA for storage even though I am in Singapore.

Thanked by (1)lentro

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• Congratulations on the launch, and a very happy birthday @seriesn!
    Also, just snagged a 4G VM with all the goodies at SG. Time to move my RDP next door :smiley:

Thanked by (1)poisson

@poisson said:

@lentro said:

SG's bandwidth pricing makes it tough for storage. I can live with Europe and NA for storage even though I am in Singapore.

Ah, thanks for the insight!

Does that mean that bandwidth is cheaper for you when you get your data from NA or Europe rather than to a SG storage machine?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Congrats on the expansion boss!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @K4Y5 said:
    Congratulations on the launch, and a very happy birthday @seriesn!
    Also, just snagged a 4G VM with all the goodies at SG. Time to move my RDP next door :smiley:

The latency will be so low and the experience so much better!

• @lentro said:

@poisson said:

@lentro said:

Ah, thanks for the insight!

Does that mean that bandwidth is cheaper for you when you get your data from NA or Europe rather than to a SG storage machine?

The bandwidth for residents in SG is not an issue. The issue is that DCs in Singapore charge much higher than NA and European providers for bandwidth. Cold storage might be ok, but if you are doing hot storage and frequently accessing large amounts of data, the DC bandwidth cost either kills the provider or kills your pocket. I personally would do storage in cheaper Asian optimized locations such as LA and only put stuff that is latency sensitive on an SG node.

Thanked by (3)lentro seriesn bdl

@poisson thanks for the insight! Very cool :)

One would think DCs connected to local IXes would make it cheaper, so that's very interesting.

• @lentro said:
    @poisson thanks for the insight! Very cool :)

One would think DCs connected to local IXes would make it cheaper, so that's very interesting.

Maybe things may change in future, but as of now (and the near future) bandwidth in Asia is generally much more expensive than NA or Europe. This is why you generally see much lower bandwidth offerings on SG locations by most providers here compared to other locations at the same price point.

• edited August 2020

Curious, why Asia has higher bandwidth cost than EU/NA?
    Is it higher real estate price, higher cost of laying fiber, or just someone higher up lining their pockets?

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• K4Y5K4Y5 OG
    edited August 2020

@terrorgen said:
    Is it higher real estate price, higher cost of laying fiber, or just someone higher up lining their pockets?

Primarily due to lack of undersea cables and limited capacity in that specific region, compared to the Atlantic region, for example.
    https://www.submarinecablemap.com/

Edit: Oh and also the geopolitical clusterfuck that S/E/Asia is synonymous with :lol:

Thanked by (3)terrorgen poisson lentro
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited August 2020

Who else found the Easter Egg in the Singapore KVM Plans? @seriesn

• @vyas said:
    Who else found the Easter Egg in the Singapore KVM Plans?

What easter egg?

• vyasvyas OG
    edited August 2020

@terrorgen said:

Cannot speak for reast of Asia (High Real estate prices is a common factor) but here is the situation from India:
    Had a long discussion over the weekend with a consultant for data centers.

a. Infrastructure:
    Grid power costs are very high. This person is advising a developer who wants to set up a DC near an airport. The cost of laying electrical cable, substation, etc. are to be borne by the developer, but with NO guarantee to adhere to SLAs on part of the grid company. So, secondary and tertiary power supply is a must. With generator backup comes additional bureaucratic costs of licensing, ten different permits and so on. For this project, electrical capex cost is @ 20 Mn USD. Add to that server, building costs, cooling and data... How will you get the ROI in that case? Another issue is water. Because of political reasons, almost all airports are in dry belts. Pumping, transporting water is an issue.

b. Fiber network
    I have asked this question several times over the years "why not build DCs in the Himalayas?" Lower temps (alpine climate) , cheap hydro power, but active seismic zone. Disregarding the last for now, the common answer is "Who will lay the cable on top of mountain?"

My pushback was - maybe incorrectly- why not set up a DC there with cheaper servers, where the primary function will be data archive, or storage, rather than high frequency transactions like financial services or e-commerce?

c. Developers' mentality
    This is the biggest hurdle. A lot of developers are so invested in "build offices in urban areas/ build warehousing near cities" model, that they are offering similar sites for the DCs. That raises the costs significantly. For any newer model they will want financial subsidy since the IRRs will be in single digits, makign the projects commercially unviable.

According to this consultant I spoke to , visit to one of the earliest sits for AWS in Mumbai suburbs is nothing short of a religious experience

Thanked by (3)vimalware seriesn lentro

• @seriesn thank you for the video, I actually learned something today. Could never figure out why My Little Mermaid ended up being crossed with The Lion King, but now I know :smile:

• @sanvit said:

@vyas said:
    Who else found the Easter Egg in the Singapore KVM Plans?

What easter egg?

dont worry, it was taken

Thanked by (1)sanvit