Scaleway launches 2USD VPS

havochavoc OGContent Writer

Nothing super special but the fact that it's a more established player will attract some I think

1 vCPU, 1GB of RAM, an IP address (IPv4), 10GB of local storage and up to 100Mbps of bandwidth

https://techcrunch.com/2020/11/02/scaleway-launches-cloud-instances-that-cost-2-10-per-month

Thanked by (1)SuriCloud

Comments

• IT ISN'T $2 IT IS $2.10!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE I WANT A REFUND!

• @APenguinWeb said:
    IT ISN'T $2 IT IS $2.10!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE I WANT A REFUND!

Scammed.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Don't mark my words. When in doubt, sue.

Thanked by (1)SuriCloud

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• K4Y5K4Y5 OG
    edited November 2020

@havoc said:
    Nothing super special but the fact that it's a more established player will attract some I think

1 vCPU, 1GB of RAM, an IP address (IPv4), 10GB of local storage and up to 100Mbps of bandwidth

https://techcrunch.com/2020/11/02/scaleway-launches-cloud-instances-that-cost-2-10-per-month

And here I am, (ab)using the crap out of the 2 bucks a month Start-2-S-SATA dedi for close to 2 years now :lol:

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • Hetzner. :relieved:

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Janevski said:
    Hetzner. :relieved:

:p

• Scaleway only mentions €0.0025 per hour and not monthly billing, I wonder why.

• @dosai said:
    Scaleway only mentions €0.0025 per hour and not monthly billing, I wonder why.

Because that's their new thing, monthly billing is gone, it's all hourly now. But yeah, it's stupid that they don't show how much per month even if just for convenience, have to use a calculator to check.

Thanked by (1)dosai
  • Can anyone here explain me how does hourly pricing work i mean if i am not using the vps what i have to do to stop billing? Is there minimum period that you have to use it for one time like 4 hours minimum billing etc etc

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• i think $2 / year :s

• @codelock said:
    Can anyone here explain me how does hourly pricing work i mean if i am not using the vps what i have to do to stop billing? Is there minimum period that you have to use it for one time like 4 hours minimum billing etc etc

Even while stopped you will be charged for storage and IP, so would need to detach and delete those. And it might be tricky to restore the storage contents afterwards, because there's no "Reinstall" function. So it's easier to just delete the VPS entirely if you don't need it.

As for the minimum billing amount, I think it's 0.01 EUR, unless they changed it along with all the other recent changes.

• These are cheaper than 2eur failover IPs for their dedis; Interesting!
    I guess I can run haproxy for some isolation from the dedis.

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

@APenguinWeb said:
    IT ISN'T $2 IT IS $2.10!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE I WANT A REFUND!

Gotem with my clickbait title

@codelock said:
    Can anyone here explain me how does hourly pricing work i mean if i am not using the vps what i have to do to stop billing? Is there minimum period that you have to use it for one time like 4 hours minimum billing etc etc

The rules vary by cloud/provider. Definitely beneficial because you can spin up bigger machines for ad hoc tasks.

• also there's only one 2.10$-instance allowed per user - so i'm already losing MILLIONS!

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Also, it will be $4 by the end of the year :)

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• No surprises about that, it's scaleway after all.

• edited November 2020

@dosai said:
    Scaleway only mentions €0.0025 per hour and not monthly billing, I wonder why.

Because they suck ass.
    PS: With all due respect.