Scaleway Stardust Instances: 1vCPU, 1GB RAM, 1 IPv4, €1.8/month

kmessykmessy Hosting Provider
edited November 2020 in Offers

Scaleway is proud to introduce our own 1GB instance with our world-class ecosystem and at an out of this world price: €0.0025/hour.

1 vCPU, 1 GB of RAM, 1 IPv4 address, 10GB of local storage, up-to 100Mbps Bandwidth, unlimited trafic and compatible with the Cloud ecosystem. All included for €1.8/month.

-> https://www.scaleway.com/en/stardust-instances/

As I work @ Scaleway, you will find an independent benchmark here: https://projector.cloud-mercato.com/projects/scaleway-stardust/sysbench-cpu/price-perf-graph

Comments

• Are you posting as a provider ?
    or posting from a message you recevied?

Thanked by (1)Janevski
  • Does feel a bit spammy...

Thanked by (3)ehab miu Janevski
  • kmessykmessy Hosting Provider

Hi @vyas , I do work @Scaleway, I thought the deal was worth being mentionned

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

@aaronstuder said:
    Does feel a bit spammy...

It's a legit thing. Suspect very much a case of you get what you pay....as with everything in this price bracket

• edited November 2020

Apparently it's good bang for the buck: https://projector.cloud-mercato.com/projects/scaleway-stardust/openssl-speed/graph

Benchmark (not mine): https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4505647

They make their stock sound really limited, not sure about the actual state of things because I don't have a Scaleway account.

Thanked by (1)kmessy

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @havoc said:
    It's a legit thing. Suspect very much a case of you get what you pay....as with everything in this price bracket

NOT the service, the post. It's the OP's first post ;)

• @kmessy said:
    Scaleway is proud to introduce our own 1GB instance with our world-class ecosystem and at an out of this world price: €0.0025/hour.

1 vCPU, 1 GB of RAM, 1 IPv4 address, 10GB of local storage, up-to 100Mbps Bandwidth, unlimited trafic and compatible with the Cloud ecosystem. All included for €1.8/month.

You need to have the provider tag on your account in order to post offers here on this forum.

As such, I have reported your post to moderation per our forum rules.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

@CamoYoshi said:

@kmessy said:

You need to have the provider tag on your account in order to post offers here on this forum.

Thanks, I've added the tag !

• @kmessy said:

@CamoYoshi said:

@kmessy said:

Thanks, I've added the tag !

https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/26/rules-rules-rules-rules-rules-info-updated-23rd-november-2020/p1

Please read this and then try again. You have to go through an approval process first.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• @kmessy - I think you misunderstood @CamoYoshi's post on the provider tag - it has to be granted to you by @AnthonySmith if you are posting something on behalf of or as an official representative of a particular provider.

It is always good to have official provider participation though and I'm sure @AnthonySmith will be able to get things worked out if indeed you are going to serve as an official liaison with/to Scaleway.

Welcome!

Thanked by (2)ehab InceptionHosting
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

language barrier perhaps? happy to let this one slide however @kmessy please send me an email from your scale way email address to

Once I have validated you do actually work for scaleway I will add your provider tag and you can start posting offers.

If I don't hear back in the next 24 hours I will assume otherwise as this account email is not associated with the scaleway domain.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Account validated. moved to offers section.

Thanked by (3)nullnothere vyas someTom

Thank you @AnthonySmith and sorry folks for the noise ;)

• How to do you verify that i am student??

Does a .edu.in email work? Or perhaps my college icard ?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

@codelock said:
    How to do you verify that i am student??

Does a .edu.in email work? Or perhaps my college icard ?

Hi @codelock, the offer is available for everyone, you do not need to be a student to have a Stardust instance.

• edited November 2020

1GB RAM is sexy no more.
    I'd rather use Dev instances, for a few hours at a time.

Where's the ARMv8 nodes?

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2020

@kmessy said:

Welcome to LES. Thanks for the offer

• edited November 2020

just in time for any Exclusive LES BF offers.

welcome

• Isn't it limited to like, 1 instance per account? Not really fair to compare it to normal offers from others. And if you consider RAM and Disk space too, the CX11 comes out as 5% more value for money. Also, 100mbit, eww.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • Are you able to load your own Windows ISO with the stardust plan?

• @Rengar said:
    Are you able to load your own Windows ISO with the stardust plan?

Windows Server 2008 R2 isn't gonna work well in 1GB RAM.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@yoursunny said:

@Rengar said:

It's not going to run on 16GB Ram I hope:

Support for Windows Server 2008 has ended
    On January 14, 2020, support for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 ended. That means regular security > updates have also ended. Don't let your infrastructure and applications go unprotected.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

• @yoursunny said:

@Rengar said:

I'm able to run Windows 2012 and 2019 just fine on a 1GB RAM for my needs although this does require about double the disk space.

• Very great IO and network speed. I love AMD Ryzen/EPYC <3

Node: Paris 1

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-11-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed Nov 25 18:28:35 UTC 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7281 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2096.058 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 818.0 MiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 9.3 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 178.51 MB/s  (44.6k) | 1.01 GB/s    (15.7k)
    Write      | 178.99 MB/s  (44.7k) | 1.01 GB/s    (15.8k)
    Total      | 357.50 MB/s  (89.3k) | 2.02 GB/s    (31.6k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.35 GB/s     (2.6k) | 1.55 GB/s     (1.5k)
    Write      | 1.42 GB/s     (2.7k) | 1.66 GB/s     (1.6k)
    Total      | 2.77 GB/s     (5.4k) | 3.22 GB/s     (3.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 358 Mbits/sec   | 6.69 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 279 Mbits/sec   | 6.34 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 217 Mbits/sec   | 5.06 Gbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 328 Mbits/sec   | 23.2 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 275 Mbits/sec   | 1.87 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 252 Mbits/sec   | 1.49 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 261 Mbits/sec   | 995 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 246 Mbits/sec   | 7.12 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 235 Mbits/sec   | 7.11 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 276 Mbits/sec   | 6.21 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 226 Mbits/sec   | 1.70 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 260 Mbits/sec   | 1000 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 722
    Multi Core      | 724
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/4990188

In every democracy, the people get the government they deserve.
    ~Alexis de Tocqueville

• miumiu
    edited November 2020

yes and after few months again ask 2x more for existing services.. (the same as does Aruba)
    Thanks, never more scaleway (and Aruba also)..
    Best/serious/honestly providers (who really appreciate their customers) never do such things

Good day and Goodbye

• miumiu
    edited November 2020

BTW: i forgot to mention: also pretty arrogant, unfriendly approach and support
    if is any small problem they suspend your services (instead any notification first that any issue or something to resolving), if u have lose or placed paid customers there - your problem!!!

Good day and Goodbye

• Meh, let's see how long it takes before Scaleway raises their prices...again.

• edited November 2020

@kmessy said:

Oh awesome. :)
    I could've lived another day, happy, not having Scaleway again arond me, but then you had to come here... :/

• edited November 2020

@miu said:
    yes and after few months again ask 2x more for existing services.. (the same as does Aruba)

'Fraid you might be on to something here...

Promo:

Stardust1-s 1 vCPU 1 GB 10 GB NVMe 100 Mbit/s Starting from €0.0025/hour

Regular pricing: 4x as much $, but only 2x the specs

DEV1-S 2 vCPUs 2 GB 20 GB NVMe 100 Mbit/s From €0.01/hour -> specs

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @miu said: yes and after few months again ask 2x more for existing services.. (the same as does Aruba)
    Thanks, never more scaleway (and Aruba also)..
    Best/serious/honestly providers (who really appreciate their customers) never do such things

Couldn't have said it any better, I had to move our instances as they(Scaleway) pretty much doubled their pricing and gave a short notice which is too little when you have different things configured like backups, internal DNS, Ansible & cloud-init scripts, block storage etc.

Our MySQL master-master replication and Memory grid(HazelCast) would always fail due to their bad internal network, and god! whenever there was a scheduled update/maintenance, we were dead scared, our instances would almost(1 in 3 times) never boot back up again, and we had to create extra instances and keep them alive till their scheduled maintenance was over. This would always cost us more money, because loosing 4 to 5 hours of dev time a few times a month is more expensive than what the servers cost. I don't even know why they call it "Cloud", You most likely would have better uptimes with traditional VPS providers

and guess what, they did the price increase all over again a few months back, we were very lucky that we took a hard decision and moved over to Hetzner and no issues since then.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny miu