Uncle Bobs rebound special and some Directadmin Goodies (NYC/LA/Miami/London/Singapore/Tokyo)

seriesnseriesn OG
edited December 2020 in Offers

Dear Friends and Family,
Hope all is well with you and your loved ones.

Who are we?

We are Nexus Bytes LLC - Affordable boutique servers, priceless bespoke experience | Your Web Hosting Partner

If you are looking to kick start your project and take it to the next level, why not do it with a VPS, that is powered by Bad Ass AMD RYZEN CPU and blazing fast NVMe storage?

Uncle Bob says, and I quote:

" <3 If you aren't happy, breakup with your old provider, get away from that toxic relationship and take advantage of Nexus Bytes Awesome Switchers Special and Contract Buyout offer <3"

CPanel keeps on raising your price?

• For any new orders, Standard (unlimited) Directadmin on us!

• Eligible Plans:

• VPS-1G and Above
      • Budget-2G and Above
      • vDedi-1C and Above
      • Code: HeyThereDA (Please note, it will show 0% discount. We will activate your DA instance at the time of provisioning)
    • Free Migration assistance (Cpanel to DA, DA to DA) with annual and semi-annual commitment.

Here at Nexus Bytes LLC, we don't have customers, we have family members. We strive and take pride in providing the best service and experience possible.

We are not here to sell you services, we are here to earn your business :)

Don't wait!! Join the family today. Take a Byte and find out why we are awesome!!

Some Testimonials.
    Trust Pilot Review

Budget but not "cheap" KVM VPS

• RAM: 2 GB
  • Dual Storage
  • SSD Storage: 20 GB (25 GB With Annual Payment)
  • HDD Storage: 40GB (50GB with Annual Payment)
  • Bandwidth: 2000 GB (@1Gbit)
  • CPU Core: 1 @3.5+ GHz (Xeon Fair Share)
  • IPv4: 1
  • IPv6: 1x /64

Starting @ 4/mo (with annual commitment) : Configure and order here. :)

Looking Glass : LA, California, USA | NYC Metro

Premium Ryzen and NVMe powered KVM VPS

Starting @ 2/mo (with annual commitment) : Configure and order here.

Looking Glass : NYC Metro, USA | Miami, Florida, USA | LA, California, USA | USA | London, UK | Falkenstein, Germany

Hybrid storage available in NYC/LA/Germany/UK

Premium Ryzen and NVMe powered Reseller Pool, with WHMCS Module

starting @ $6.40/mo : Configure and order here.

Looking Glass: NYC Metro, USA | Miami, Florida, USA | LA, California, USA | London, UK | Falkenstein, Germany | Singapore | Tokyo, Japan

Storage VPS, perfect for backing up your precious contents.

Starting @ $3.20/mo (with annual commitment) : Configure and order here

Looking Glass: NYC Metro, USA | Miami, Florida, USA | LA, California, USA | Falkenstein, Germany

We got something for everyone :)

Checkout our Family Perks :

FAQ :

• Multiple Locations : NYC Metro, USA | Miami, Florida, USA | LA, California, USA | London, UK | Falkenstein, Germany | Singapore | Tokyo, Japan
  • Looking Glass
  • Don't be dick policy applies
  • Nested Virt Enabled
  • Custom ISO support
  • /64 IPv6 (Not Available in Germany)
  • Hassle free rDns setup for IPv4 and IPv6 (Not Available in Germany)
  • Promo Plan not transferable, not eligible for contract buyout/switcher. Only valid for new orders.
  • True 24/7 support. Average ticket resolution time: 1 hour.
  • Accepted Payment Methods:
    • Debit/Credit Card
    • Paypal
    • Ali Pay
    • WeChat Pay
    • OXXO Mexico
    • Boleto Brazil
    • WebMoney
    • India NetBanking
    • Paytm
    • Sofort
    • Bitcoin / BitcoinCash / LiteCoin / Ethereum

There is never a wrong time to be a part of the Family

If you are already a member, don't stop growing and thank you for continuing to support us <3 ! We can't really describe, how much we appreciate you.

Thanked by (2)dahartigan lentro

Comments

• GIVEAWAY TIME!!

Nexus Bytes are awesome, and Direct Admin is awesome. More specifically, @seriesn and Mark from DA are awesome people. Mark has inspired me with his random acts of kindness, so here's a small token of gratitude.

The first person to respond back here with a paid Nexus Bytes invoice number that includes the "Direct Admin Value Bundle" will receive a $20 Nexus Bytes credit to their account. The invoice must be from December 13 or later.

@seriesn please use my NB account credit to fund this.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny kuroneko23

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited December 2020

@dahartigan said:
    GIVEAWAY TIME!!

Nexus Bytes are awesome, and Direct Admin is awesome. More specifically, @seriesn and Mark from DA are awesome people. Mark has inspired me with his random acts of kindness, so here's a small token of gratitude.

The first person to respond back here with a paid Nexus Bytes invoice number that includes the "Direct Admin Value Bundle" will receive a $20 Nexus Bytes credit to their account. The invoice must be from December 13 or later.

seriesn please use my NB account credit to fund this.

Someone please claim it before I do :joy: - I don't want to take advantage but if no one claim it will be wasted right... :wink:

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • Claim it @FAT32 especially if you were going to anyway :)

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• Whoah! What is this? Christmas spirit? Damn @dahartigan. Real generous of you brother.

Let's sweeten up the deal.

• Directadmin standard, unlimited user license (Free for the life of ones service), how about that?
    Thanked by (2)dahartigan Asim
  • FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited December 2020

@dahartigan said:
    Claim it FAT32 especially if you were going to anyway :)

@seriesn said:
    Whoah! What is this? Christmas spirit? Damn dahartigan. Real generous of you brother.

• Directadmin standard, unlimited user license (Free for the life of ones service), how about that?

Free DirectAdmin for life? Shit I am in.

Invoice #12604

I gave you guys 55 minutes before I claim :joy:

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • @FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:
    Whoah! What is this? Christmas spirit? Damn dahartigan. Real generous of you brother.

Invoice #12604

Winner winner! Congratulations @FAT32!! :)

Sir @seriesn please do the needful :)

Thanked by (2)FAT32 Asim

• Ding ding ding. @FAT32 will sort it out first thing in the morning and credit you back for the da license fee :).

@dahartigan thanks a bunch brother <3.

Got couple of more free standard da licenses to giveaway ;)

Thanked by (2)FAT32 dahartigan
  • @FAT32 said:

@dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:

Invoice #12604

We are good to go sir.

I did swap the IP for your license to use the high resource vm ;)

Thanked by (2)FAT32 dahartigan
  • Deserved @FAT32 and very generous of both @seriesn and @dahartigan :) Well done!

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @Freek said:
    Deserved @FAT32 and very generous of both @seriesn and @dahartigan :) Well done!

This was one of those Wholesome moments, that makes community, feel like a community.

To make the migration and switch effortless, from today till end of the year, any new order will be eligible for the followings:

• Free Directadmin Standard License for the life of the associated service.
    • Initial Cpanel/Directadmin to Directadmin migration assistance + Initial Setup/Config.
    • Free whitelebled DNS Hosting (Optional)
  • @seriesn said: Free Directadmin Standard License for the life of the associated service.

Was not already the case or I mix thing ?

• @seriesn you forgot the flaggs :joy: ?? New York, ?? Los Angeles, ?? Miami, ?? London, ?? Singapore, ?? Japan. (Running Gag)

• @ben47955 said:

@seriesn said: Free Directadmin Standard License for the life of the associated service.

Was not already the case or I mix thing ?

As of now, we only offered the personal license for free :).

@Xenic said:
    @seriesn you forgot the flaggs :joy: ?? New York, ?? Los Angeles, ?? Miami, ?? London, ?? Singapore, ?? Japan. (Running Gag)

I am lazy and formatting is hard on these Vanilla editors for a long post :(

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2020

NB keeps adding more value to services, every buck is very worth spending with @seriesn ?

• @seriesn said:
    We are good to go sir.

Thanks @seriesn and @dahartigan! I actually have other plans for that higher* resource VPS, and I want to try and install it on the lowest resource possible but well :sweat_smile:

Will look into more of that upcoming weekend :)

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • @Abdullah said:
    NB keeps adding more value to services, every buck is very worth spending with @seriesn ?

<3 aye! Hopefully we can continue to add more value <3

@FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:
    We are good to go sir.

Thanks @seriesn and @dahartigan! I actually have other plans for that higher* resource VPS, and I want to try and install it on the lowest resource possible but well :sweat_smile:

Will look into more of that upcoming weekend :)

I would loooooooooove to see you DA on 256MB :P

• @seriesn said: I would loooooooooove to see you DA on 256MB :P

Is this a challenge ?

• @seriesn said: Got couple of more free standard da licenses to giveaway

Got an annual 4G KVM at SGP. How do I go about claiming this giveaway? Am I even eligible? :tongue:

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited December 2020

@ben47955 said:

@seriesn said: I would loooooooooove to see you DA on 256MB :P

Is this a challenge ?

And 5GB disk. When the 0S take 3.5 ?, challenege it is.

• @seriesn said: And 5GB disk. When the 0S taked 3.5 ?, challenege it is.

OS taking 1.3GB, maybe 2GB with additional requirement. Some swap. The issues is more about license. But yeah, not sure I want to spend time on this.

• FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited December 2020

My short story / brain dump on installing DirectAdmin on low-end VPS

Disclaimer: I don't actually know much about Linux, so definitely not like those who can run 18 sites on 64MB RAM

Start with Debian 6 (because why not):

• Installing OS took me a while as it complains missing mirrors etc
    • Apt cannot validate packages because signature is expired, just set a flag in apt.conf to ignore all
    • No support of TLS 1.2, need to compile curl, wget, openssl etc from source
    • Missing files in files.directadmin.com, so I setup my own middleman server with self signed SSL to "patch" the missing file

After tons of trial and errors, there's more issues that arises afterwards, and Debian 6 is not officially supported by DirectAdmin anymore, so I gave up on Debian 6

Then I tried Debian 8:

• Issues with MySQL because InnoDB need lots of memory, so I don't install MySQL first
    • DirectAdmin CLI requires libc 2.22 but Debian 8 only comes with 2.19, have to compile libc from source
    • Out of memory during PHP compilation, no choice but to add 1GB swap

I also thought about modifying the build script to reduce the optimisation and threading on building, which could reduce the memory usage, but a bit lazy so didn't go for that approach

Last I just tried Debian 9 template. Just add 1GB of swap, run the one-line install command, everything run smoothly after 30 minutes

I guess the moral of the story is that, apparently DA can be installed in 256MB RAM + 5GB Disk, as long as you have supported OS with 1GB of Swap. Sometimes don't overthink the solution and should always start with naive solution. I have been running the installation process more than I could count (Maybe 40-50 times?)

It is also possible to run the whole thing in 256MB RAM without swap after initial installation, but need to tweak the MySQL configuration. The initial installation requires building from source and that's very hard to achieve without swap on 256MB RAM

I think it is also best if the provider you are using have snapshot support because keep having fresh install via ISO can be quite time consuming, also broke the system 1-2 times in the process and caused kernel panic, which have to use system rescue or just fresh reinstall

Oh and also in case someone is wondering, 256MB VPS is one of NexusBytes special in the past and usually they only offer starting from 512MB RAM

Thanked by (2)dahartigan verd
  • Nice work getting that working @FAT32

I generally find on low RAM systems (think the big 'mach) that debian 9 with a 1GB swap will handle itself quite well and is reasonably updated and supported by the majority of things I use.

1gb of prem nexus bytes nvme is probably going to feel like real RAM anyway depending on how "swappy" the VPS becomes.

Thanked by (1)FAT32

• @FAT32 said:
    My short story / brain dump on installing DirectAdmin on low-end VPS

Disclaimer: I don't actually know much about Linux, so definitely not like those who can run 18 sites on 64MB RAM

Start with Debian 6 (because why not):

• Installing OS took me a while as it complains missing mirrors etc
    • Apt cannot validate packages because signature is expired, just set a flag in apt.conf to ignore all
    • No support of TLS 1.2, need to compile curl, wget, openssl etc from source
    • Missing files in files.directadmin.com, so I setup my own middleman server with self signed SSL to "patch" the missing file

After tons of trial and errors, there's more issues that arises afterwards, and Debian 6 is not officially supported by DirectAdmin anymore, so I gave up on Debian 6

Then I tried Debian 8:

• Issues with MySQL because InnoDB need lots of memory, so I don't install MySQL first
    • DirectAdmin CLI requires libc 2.22 but Debian 8 only comes with 2.19, have to compile libc from source
    • Out of memory during PHP compilation, no choice but to add 1GB swap

I also thought about modifying the build script to reduce the optimisation and threading on building, which could reduce the memory usage, but a bit lazy so didn't go for that approach

Last I just tried Debian 9 template. Just add 1GB of swap, run the one-line install command, everything run smoothly after 30 minutes

I guess the moral of the story is that, apparently DA can be installed in 256MB RAM + 5GB Disk, as long as you have supported OS with 1GB of Swap. Sometimes don't overthink the solution and should always start with naive solution. I have been running the installation process more than I could count (Maybe 40-50 times?)

It is also possible to run the whole thing in 256MB RAM without swap after initial installation, but need to tweak the MySQL configuration. The initial installation requires building from source and that's very hard to achieve without swap on 256MB RAM

I think it is also best if the provider you are using have snapshot support because keep having fresh install via ISO can be quite time consuming, also broke the system 1-2 times in the process and caused kernel panic, which have to use system rescue or just fresh reinstall

Oh and also in case someone is wondering, 256MB VPS is one of NexusBytes special in the past and usually they only offer starting from 512MB RAM

I do admire your dedication sir. How did it handle when running custombuild?

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @seriesn said:

Debian 6 face lots of issues with that, 8 and 9 actually run pretty well after the Swap is added

• @FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:

Debian 6 face lots of issues with that, 8 and 9 actually run pretty well after the Swap is added

Thank you once again for taking up the challenge sir. If you find away to create an "optimized" version of DA installation, feel free to share within the community <3.

Thanked by (2)Abdullah FAT32
  • The big message from this discussion
    (Other than @FAT32 's perseverance) ...

Latest + greatest + shiny + brand new may not be the most frugal or efficient solution.

Thanked by (1)FAT32