YABS Banner/Logo Competition -- Calling All Graphic Gurus -- Prizes & Street Cred - Submit by 11 Jan

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:

@Falzo said:

@Mason said: Keep in mind y'all, this is for the logo/graphic on the github page

nah, instead you should already think about merchandise...

Chicken Dinner

Thanked by (2)Falzo imok
  • Thanked by (2)Mason Naix
  • Thanked by (2)Mason Naix
  • edited January 2021

So this is my logo submission :D
    Just doing this in my free time.

Concept: Terminal/Linux + Speed/Fast + Fire

Thank You!

• edited January 2021

Y̸̗̦̏̐͆̓̎̔̊̈́͘͝Ȃ̶̧̧̢̢̛͖̘̤̲̻͈̖̭̝͎̩̤͕̥͎̞̮̼͖̜̱̪́̽̇̓͑̆̍̃͌̋̐̑̊͒̀̆̏̒͐̈̈́̋̇̓̎͗̎̐̈́̊͑̂́̔̃̃̂̿͂̓͗̕͜͝͝ͅB̶̧̡̧̨̨̛̺̣̠͕͓̲̟̹̞̝̦͕͇̝̜̦̟̩̤̹̤͛̇̓̆̀͊͒̓͗̆͗̌͐̎̔̄̽̂͗̐̒̉͊̀̽̒̀̈́͒̾̐̈̾̇̂͌̾̕͘͠͝Ș̴̢̢̨̧̧̨̛̜̺̠͈̯͖͕̣̥̠̘͎̟̼̘̠͚͉͎͍̮̞̰̲͈̳̫̺̤̥̟̠̼͔͇̺̻͙̜͇̩̞̳̉͑̌̒͊̂̐͊͊̕͜ͅͅ

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • edited January 2021

Just a small revision for my entry

Heres the logo presentation :)
    Idk what I'm doing but it was fun xD

PDF Version: Google Drive

P.S. I'm not a professional graphic designer. But I love designing stuff.

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited January 2021

@DianTama said:

Ok I fancy these :D

Thanked by (1)DianTama

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @DianTama said:

Great job. Cool. :+1:

Thanked by (2)DianTama Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

So, this was the actual design for my YABS logo without having it printed on a mockup shirt like in my first post:

Alternative drafts I built in december but forgot to post include a cute dog

a rather simple logo

and a wild one :

My personal favourite right now is @DianTama approach, though. Fits a bit more the "server" setting perhaps :)

• edited January 2021

@Ympker said: My personal favourite right now is @DianTama approach, though. Fits a bit more the "server" setting perhaps

yeah my thought so, its too "corporate / enterprise"

it only took maybe 3 hours of my free time to make it. if I had more inspiration maybe I'll make another ( if I'm not too lazy ).
    in that 3 hours timeframe, I came up with 3 design and took the last one, my other design is too lame xD

And your drawing is sick!!!

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Ympker said:
    So, this was the actual design for my YABS logo without having it printed on a mockup shirt like in my first post:

Alternative drafts I built in december but forgot to post include a cute dog

a rather simple logo

and a wild one :

My personal favourite right now is @DianTama approach, though. Fits a bit more the "server" setting perhaps :)

Wow ?

edited January 2021

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said: My personal favourite right now is @DianTama approach, though. Fits a bit more the "server" setting perhaps

it only took maybe 3 hours of my free time to make it. if I had more inspiration maybe I'll make another ( if I'm not too lazy ).
    in that 3 hours timeframe, I came up with 3 design and took the last one, my other design is too lame xD

To be fair, my drawing is actually not very good. The designs you see, I usually use the likes of Envato Elements, Crello, Placeit, Glorifyapp, or other cool design tools for 90% of it, then adjust/combine if necessary in Affinity Designer :)

So your drawing is likely way better than mine ;) Although I am working on some hand-drawn/self-made custom vector symbols in Affinity Designer :)

• @DianTama said:

Ok we need to talk about a logo for me then ?

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @thedp said: Ok we need to talk about a logo for me then ?

Too bad,
    I'm not that good when making a logo ( or finding a design inspiration ) that's why I'm not a pro graphic designer and choosing to be a web developer

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

Few more days of this left for submissions.

Here's what I plan on doing -- I'll put up all the submissions on a webpage and number them all. A strawpoll link will be provided for you to choose any logo/banner that you like and deem worthy for YABS. I'll then take the three submissions with the most votes and create a new thread here with a comment for each submission. The comment to receive the most 'Thanks' gets the trophy.

Fine print: if someone has more than one design in the overall top three, then I'll only include their submission with the most votes and pick the fourth most popular design, and so on. The top three designs that we vote on will be from three different people.

Thanked by (4)DianTama Falzo Ympker comi

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG
    edited January 2021

Its been almost like maybe 3 years since I used Photoshop to actually design something :p

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• Just gets better.

@BlaZe said:

Its been almost like maybe 3 years since I used Photoshop to actually design something :p

The other 99,99% use cases to remove background? :D

• I AM YOUR YABS

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • My attempt

Thanked by (1)Mason

@Ympker said:

@BlaZe said:

YES! XD

Thanked by (1)Ympker

edited January 2021

@BlaZe said:

@Ympker said:

@BlaZe said:

YES! XD

I hear ya mate :D
    Affinity Designer Review reads: "..has tons of features and equals even Photoshop in many regards.. "

Me: "But can I remove background with it? " :D

Thanked by (1)BlaZe
  • @Ympker said: Me: "But can I remove background with it? "

Can't they all remove backgrounds?
    I haven't used PS since long before CS ... I switched to Linux and Gimp and later started using OS X for my laptop.
    Both Affinity and Pixelmator are great at it. And Acorn works well. (The two latter ones are macOS apps.)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited January 2021

@flips said:

@Ympker said: Me: "But can I remove background with it? "

Can't they all remove backgrounds?
    I haven't used PS since long before CS ... I switched to Linux and Gimp and later started using OS X for my laptop.
    Both Affinity and Pixelmator are great at it. And Acorn works well. (The two latter ones are macOS apps.)

Yeah, what I said was a "joke", I guess (seems like I hit all the checkboxes from the german stereotype of never smiling or cracking a joke) . They all can :D What I am saying is that they talk about awesome feature x and awesome feature y but what really matters in 90% of my cases is to remove bg haha :P

Thanked by (2)BlaZe flips

@Ympker said:
    I hear ya mate :D
    Affinity Designer Review reads: "..has tons of features and equals even Photoshop in many regards.. "

Me: "But can I remove background with it? " :D

hahaha

I've been editing (basically, removing backgrounds XD) of product photos (my offline business) in PS since long. Its the only thing which I use PS for these days.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Reached 300 :star:'s on the GitHub page a couple days ago, thanks for the support everybody! :D

Submissions for the logo competition ends today. Give me a day or two to put them all on a webpage and get the poll together. I'll set up a new thread for that when it's time to vote.

I'll request that Ant lock this thread at after 1700 EST (2200 UTC) tonight.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• It's amazing to see so many creative peeps here. Congrats on the stars on GH Mason :)

Thanked by (1)Mason
This discussion has been closed.