Introducing NOVOS BRICK cloud storage - 200 GB for just €1 (one-time only)

edited January 2021 in Offers

Hello folks,

As a provider I'm heavily experimenting with new and different services I can offer, and NOVOS BRICK is the new one. This is a cloud storage service based on Nextcloud.

As my girlfriend needed some cloud space to store her pictures and videos I was shocked to discover when she purchased Google Cloud space 200 GB for $29,99! And I couldn't offer her something similar.... omg :astonished:

I've noticed Hetzner is offering kind of the same thing. Although they give you a full Nextcloud instance, probably running on a separate VPS where you can be admin, add users, apps etc. and have full control. And some of you are probably familiar with TransIP STACK, where they gave you free cloud space on a RAIDZ1 and eventually lost a lot of their users data during a rebuilt.

Well with BRICK you purchase a certain amount of space. This can be 200 GB up to 10 TB. Once your purchase is complete you'll get an email with all the details and you are ready to go. So this is not your own private Nextcloud, you'll just be a user of one big Nextcloud Cluster.

We've built a triple redundant Nextcloud cluster based on haproxy/nginx/galera and CephFS as backend storage solution. This is very easily expandable when load increases which I do hope it does over time obviously :)

So this is an introduction offer. You'll get 200 GB space life-time for €1. If you need more there's always the possibility to upgrade which is what I hope people do and what would make this profitable in the longer run:

500 GB: € 2.50/mo or €25/yr
1 TB: : €5/mo or €50/yr
2 TB: €10/mo or €100/yr

etc. You get where this is going :)

To be completely honest, this is a beta test as well. I want to find out how the cluster performs, what your thoughts are. If more stuff needs to be added or done differently, so any feedback is welcome.

I will add 100 accounts to the stock so I will be giving away 20 TB. If this all goes well and I'm running out I will probably add another 100 and so on :)

If you're interested here's the secret order link. This is on LES only for now but feel free to share it:

https://billing.novos.be/cart.php?a=add&pid=65

Mind you, we do run Maxmind fraud checks. So if you order please don't use a VPN or fake address info. If you do get flagged as fraud please open a ticket and we'll sort it :)

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, only one account per customer lol

Comments

Thanked by (1)martijnk
  • ~Thank you~
    love the secret specials :)

don't forget to bring those 1TB's plans soon.
    best wishes

Thanked by (1)martijnk
  • I ordered 5 account but only one got actived and the rest are still pending :D

• Cheers, was curious about the service so I signed up. First impression is that it takes 36.61 seconds to upload ~ 11 MB, 115 seconds to upload 20.6 MB on a 40 Mbit upstream connection which seems kinda slow. The overall response is pretty bad tbh, it took nearly a minute to sign in for the first time.

Downloading files on the other hand easily maxes out the 250 Mbit downstream.

• @sonic said:
    I ordered 5 account but only one got actived and the rest are still pending :D

aren't you a greedy Hedgehog

• @sonic said:

It's only one per person!!

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2021

Seems crazy enough to try it out.
    Looking forward !
    Cheers

Edit: @martijnk
    Kind sir, 6 emails ?? Can that be reduced when only two max 3 are the relevant ones

Thanked by (1)martijnk
  • @ehab said:

@sonic said:

I will add 100 accounts to the stock so I will be giving away 20 TB. If this all goes well and I'm running out I will probably add another 100 and so on

OP has no limit on how much order for each user. And he will add more if everything goes well. I see nothing wrong here.

• edited January 2021

@Solaire said:
    Cheers, was curious about the service so I signed up. First impression is that it takes 36.61 seconds to upload ~ 11 MB, 115 seconds to upload 20.6 MB on a 40 Mbit upstream connection which seems kinda slow. The overall response is pretty bad tbh, it took nearly a minute to sign in for the first time.

Downloading files on the other hand easily maxes out the 250 Mbit downstream.

Thanks for the feedback! Where are you connecting from? The service is connected to a 2 gbps LACP network.

• @sonic said:

@ehab said:

@sonic said:

I will add 100 accounts to the stock so I will be giving away 20 TB. If this all goes well and I'm running out I will probably add another 100 and so on

OP has no limit on how much order for each user. And he will add more if everything goes well. I see nothing wrong here.

Yeah I forgot to add it, I've edited the post.

• @ehab said:

@sonic said:

I thought it was Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog or something.. and that is going wayyyy back

• @martijnk said: Thanks for the feedback! Where are you connecting from? The service connected to a 2 gbps LACP network.

I'm residing in the Netherlands, so latency shouldn't be much of an issue. ISP is VodafoneZiggo, trace looks pretty decent:

Tracing route to brick.novos.be [xx.xx.xx.xx]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     4 ms     4 ms     4 ms  192.168.xx.x
      2    19 ms    23 ms    17 ms  asd-rc0001-cr141-sys.core.as33915.net [213.51.1.124]
      3    22 ms    16 ms    17 ms  asd-rc0001-cr101-be51.core.as33915.net [213.51.7.102]
      4    19 ms    16 ms    19 ms  nl-ams04a-ri3-ae50-0.core.as9143.net [213.51.64.66]
      5    22 ms    20 ms    21 ms  nl-ams02a-rd1-te-6-0-0.aorta.net [213.46.183.102]
      6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      9    26 ms    26 ms    32 ms  xx.xx.xx.xx

• 10 users till now , can see in search contacts

• @martijnk said:

@sonic said:

@ehab said:

@sonic said:

Yeah I forgot to add it, I've edited the post.

Ordered 2 before it.... :)

• @kuduku said:
    10 users till now , can see in search contacts

Fair point, full names and e-mail addresses can be obtained by performing a POST request to https://brick.novos.be/contactsmenu/contacts

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • edited January 2021

@martijnk , please fix

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @kuduku said:

Thanks, I should probably block that.

• edited January 2021

@kuduku said:

I see.

• @ehab said:
    @martijnk , please fix

Yeah should be fixed.

Thanked by (2)ehab vimalware
  • 16 now including Admin =)

• SolaireSolaire OG
    edited January 2021

@martijnk said: Yeah should be fixed.

It still works :). Also, Talk is leaking user info as well.

• Still showing !

maybe turn off public access until you really make sure its not showing anymore.

• @ehab said:
    Still showing !

maybe turn off public access until you really make sure its not showing anymore.

Good thinking. did that now!

• flagged as fraud.

not the best experience for the first time order using mobile phone

• @hey said:
    flagged as fraud.

not the best experience for the first time order using mobile phone

I think I already unflagged you right?

Thanked by (2)hey Ouji
  • Cool, can you activate encryption?
    "Your files are not protected by encryption."

• @youandri said:
    Cool, can you activate encryption?
    "Your files are not protected by encryption."

Can you try this now? It's only active for new uploads.

• edited January 2021

@Solaire said:

@martijnk said: Yeah should be fixed.

It still works :). Also, Talk is leaking user info as well.

Yeah seems like talk is always leaking despite of the sharing settings so I just removed it.

Thanks for the feedback, if you find anything else please let me know! :)

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2021

Error while uploading multiple files (mostly images ~ 300 KB). Got logged out on refresh

Edit:
    Impressed by the speed of the technical inputs from "beta testers". Now that's some real good stuff.

• @martijnk Don't forget to disable auto completion in the share function. Currently the share service is still leaking user data:

Thanked by (1)vimalware