edited December 2020 in Must See Deals

.TW domain @ 9.69 eur per year.
promo code TWGANDI50

THIS IS MY AFFILIATION LINK BELOW
https://gandi.link/f/071f80c6

and this is the link without AFF
https://www.gandi.net/en

update:
.TW is tld of Taiwan and is open for anyone to register, no restriction.
It is in fact a very popular cctld in Asia.
try any .tw address with a browser that has malwarebytes browser guard, and you will see the usual warning for cctld will not apply to .tw

Thanked by (4)Ganonk ehab ferri TigersWay
Tagged:

Comments

• .tw is tld country for Taiwan? Are they open for public or need local address?

Thanks

• @ferri said:
    .tw is tld country for Taiwan? Are they open for public or need local address?

Thanks

yes it is tld for Taiwan. And no restriction whatsoever in registering. Think it as .gl in Asia.
    actually, maybe a lot better than .gl...,TW is a lot more popular.

• @forces said:

@ferri said:
    .tw is tld country for Taiwan? Are they open for public or need local address?

Thanks

yes it is tld for Taiwan. And no restriction whatsoever in registering. Think it as .gl in Asia.
    actually, maybe a lot better than .gl...,TW is a lot more popular.

Ok. Thanks for your info

• Firstly, sorry for the late and off-topic reply!

I have time and again been looking at getting a .gl domain, but the prices I see are relatively high for a 'just for fun' domain. Am I looking in the right places? How low do prices go on a yearly basis, and where should I look?

Thanks!

• @wankel said:
    Firstly, sorry for the late and off-topic reply!

I have time and again been looking at getting a .gl domain, but the prices I see are relatively high for a 'just for fun' domain. Am I looking in the right places? How low do prices go on a yearly basis, and where should I look?

Thanks!

dont just for fun if you intend to get .gl
    netim is the cheapest with 36 euro per year.
    you should seek other domain if you are not really having a serious use for it

Thanked by (1)wankel
  • @forces said:

@wankel said:
    the prices I see are relatively high for a 'just for fun' domain.

I was afraid so ;-)

The tld matches my wife's initials, surname's domain seems to be available. It would be 3 euros/month for a 'vanity'-emailadres. There probably are worse ways to spend money :-)

• edited February 2021

@wankel said:

@forces said:

@wankel said:
    the prices I see are relatively high for a 'just for fun' domain.

I was afraid so ;-)

The tld matches my wife's initials, surname's domain seems to be available. It would be 3 euros/month for a 'vanity'-emailadres. There probably are worse ways to spend money :-)

my surname is 2 letter and .gl is cheapest available domain that matches, due to its high price, many short names are available.
    if you are using it for custom email domain, it is worthy heirloom to pass on lol.
    but netim and gandi does not support dnssec for .gl
    also, despite the fact that cctld does not support whois privacy mostly, due to GDPR, i see both gandi and netim redacted my infomation on whois for the domain.