Managed Nextcloud in the US

I’m looking for a managed Nextcloud provider in the US. Right now I’m using Hetzner Storage Share, and I love it. $6USD/month, 500GB, custom domain. Can I find something similar in the US? One of the projects I’m working on I don’t think would be happy with their data in Germany unfortunately.

Comments

• @martijnk started something similar in Belgium?

Also why not just self host it in US on slice +slab from @Francisco buyvm

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• @codelock said:

Also why not just self host it in US on slice +slab from @Francisco buyvm

This might be an option, however some of my clients don’t have the skills to manage something like that. I like the turn key service @Hetzner_OL provides, and for $6/month it’s not worth my time to manage a VM, etc.

• @codelock said:
    @martijnk started something similar in Belgium?

I have privacy and security concerns with this offering. Hetzner has a database cluster with each client getting there own data directory. Also this offer has limited functionality. You can’t add users, apps, etc.

• @Aaron said:

@codelock said:
    @martijnk started something similar in Belgium?

I have privacy and security concerns with this offering. Hetzner has a database cluster with each client getting there own data directory. Also this offer has limited functionality. You can’t add users, apps, etc.

True that, but then again it's more easy to f*ck things up if you give users full freedom. You will get a bloated Nextcloud with 200 apps. Plus if you really care about privacy you can always enable e2e encryption.

But since you mentioned Turnkey, there is an ISO with Turnkey/Nextcloud available which you can download and install on basically any VPS. There is not so much to manage. Or you could get yourself a managed VPS, which is obv. more expensive.

• Spry Servers offer Nextcloud hosting in Phoenix, but they're more expensive than Hetzner (and I don't think that you can use your own domain):

https://www.spryservers.net/clients/cart.php?gid=15

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• This is something I've been thinking about offering out of Tampa soon, still debating the best way to deploy/build it...

• @SWN_Michael said:
    This is something I've been thinking about offering out of Tampa soon, still debating the best way to deploy/build it...

I have thoughts if your interested. :)

• @SWN_Michael said:
    This is something I've been thinking about offering out of Tampa soon, still debating the best way to deploy/build it...

See if you can match @martijnk 's €1 for 200GB lifetime …

Thanked by (1)icry

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

@SWN_Michael said:

See if you can match @martijnk 's €1 for 200GB lifetime …

I'm not going to do lifetime deals, especially for not that cheap.