Introducing NOVOS BRICK cloud storage - 200 GB for just €1 (one-time only)

Comments

• @Groentjuh said:
    Nextcloud 21 is released with a optional component written in Rust. This "High Performance Back-end for Files" should massively decrease response times.

Would that also be rolled out for Brick? I wonder if any differences can be detected for the users if that were deployed!

Normally yes, but I will be carefully rolling out upgrades. I don't want to be the first to be onboard with this and I want to test it first. I will probably deploy it within a couple of weeks. Stability first :)

• Thank you for the Great service @martijnk for some reason uploads are failing a lot today. All good ?

• @webkesh said:

Thank you for the Great service @martijnk for some reason uploads are failing a lot today. All good ?

Hi, I haven't heard this from anybody so far. I'm using it myself and I don't have any issues.

• No issues here as well. Thanks Martijn!

• edited March 2021

@martijnk said:

@webkesh said:

Thank you for the Great service @martijnk for some reason uploads are failing a lot today. All good ?

Hi, I haven't heard this from anybody so far. I'm using it myself and I don't have any issues.

Trying to upload a couple of files with Next cloud android app since yesterday and getting back to back errors.

UPLOAD FAILED - " Could not complete operation. Server unavailable. "

• Hi all, updated to Nextcloud 21 and:

• Enabled Talk which seems to work now (needs further testing though).
    • Deleted files seem to work now as well :)

I hope E2E won't be an issue, it showed as untested on NC21 but it hardly gets updated. I would recommend against using it unless you really have to.

Thanked by (1)benz
  • @webkesh said:

@martijnk said:

@webkesh said:

Trying to upload a couple of files with Next cloud android app since yesterday and getting back to back errors.

I'm getting these errors as well here.

• @Xenic said:

@webkesh said:

@martijnk said:

@webkesh said:

With the Android app as well?

• @martijnk said:

@Xenic said:

@webkesh said:

@martijnk said:

@webkesh said:

Nope, with the Windows Client + Webdav.

• @Xenic said:

@martijnk said:

@Xenic said:

@webkesh said:

@martijnk said:

@webkesh said:

Aight that's weird, I will check and try to reproduce.

• @Xenic said:

@martijnk said:

@Xenic said:

@webkesh said:

@martijnk said:

@webkesh said:

Can you try this again?

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

I got it some time ago.
    Honesly great offer, I don't really use it as I don't have anything to store but so far with the few pictures I uploaded the service seems solid, and let's say 1 eur for 200 GB lifetime is an amazing deal.

my 2 cents cheer.

Thanked by (1)kkrajk

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• @skorupion said:
    I got it some time ago.
    Honesly great offer, I don't really use it as I don't have anything to store but so far with the few pictures I uploaded the service seems solid, and let's say 1 eur for 200 GB lifetime is an amazing deal.

I use NOVOS BRICK to store photos, too.
    I figured out Rclone and got it running on my home router (MIPS, 128MB RAM, 2TB external HDD).
    When I have new photos in the HDD, I run the rclone sync command.

Upload speed doesn't matter, because it's a one-way backup use case, not multi-device sync.
    I have uploaded 90GB so far, and nothing has been lost.

Web UI is slower than my private Nextcloud, because there are so many useless apps.
    I disabled most of them in apporder and it gets better.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

it's very useable now and I can download at a good speed. just need to find out what I should store on there.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• I keep getting the error "HTTP connection terminated unexpectedly" after uploading about 200MB of a large file. I am using Webdav on a Linux client. I am not sure what is going on.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @poisson said:
    I keep getting the error "HTTP connection terminated unexpectedly" after uploading about 200MB of a large file. I am using Webdav on a Linux client. I am not sure what is going on.

How large is the file?

Do you mean that you're using the Nextcloud synchronization client?

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @angstrom said:

@poisson said:
    I keep getting the error "HTTP connection terminated unexpectedly" after uploading about 200MB of a large file. I am using Webdav on a Linux client. I am not sure what is going on.

How large is the file?

Yea I'm curious myself, there is a file size limit in PHP and reverse proxy. I can see to increase it.

• @angstrom said:

@poisson said:

How large is the file?

I am not. I connected through webdav using my Mint file manager. I did suspect file size might be an issue. This was a zipped 80GB file. It actually doesn't have to be so big, just that for convenience I just zipped everything into one file to store on my computer.

@martijnk Perhaps you can let me know what is the file size limit and I will be sure to keep each file down to that limit.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• edited April 2021

Uploading 1GB files worked in March. Now rclone returns this:

<html>
    <head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head>
    <body>
    <center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)</center>
    </body>
    </html>

Maybe nginx reverse proxy mis-configured?

• @poisson said:

@angstrom said:

@poisson said:

How large is the file?

I am not. I connected through webdav using my Mint file manager. I did suspect file size might be an issue. This was a zipped 80GB file. It actually doesn't have to be so big, just that for convenience I just zipped everything into one file to store on my computer.

That's a pretty big file.

I'll just point out this link (which is more for the admin who manages Nextcloud):

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @allnetstore said:

```

413 Request Entity Too Large

nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)

```

Yeah it's a limit in NGINX and PHP. I've upgraded to PHP 8 and the setting wasn't changed.

It's set to 100 GB max now so try again :)

• @martijnk said:

@allnetstore said:

```

nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)

```

Yeah it's a limit in NGINX and PHP. I've upgraded to PHP 8 and the setting wasn't changed.

I managed to upload about 40GB of my 80GB file before it the HTTP connection is terminated. Happened twice, so I now know the current settings probably allows up to 40GB upload successfully. There are probably some other issues involved since the max file size has been changed to 100GB.

• The notes seems broken

Action and Reaction in history

• All stored files with space when synced / copied using rclone is automatically has single quote on their name.

Is this server related feature/problem?

• @martijnk said:

@allnetstore said:

```

nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)

```

Hi @martijnk

I tried to upload 5GB file and still get error :

Nginx 1.18

• WEBDav uploads seem to be failing since yesterday. I have my Synology setup to perform incremental backups and it complains about not being able to find the 'previous file'. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

• @Freek said:
    WEBDav uploads seem to be failing since yesterday. I have my Synology setup to perform incremental backups and it complains about not being able to find the 'previous file'. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Same here, internal server error for my setup GoodSync.
    I have create ticket for that.

• Anyone open to sharing their rclone config? I haven't set up rclone before and could use an example.

• Yeah so apparentley during the upgrade to NC 21 something went wrong and Nextcloud generated new encryption keys.

I do have the old keys, but newly uploaded data after the upgrade was completed is now encrypted with a different set of keys. So I can choose which data to make available, the new or the old one. Right now I've put the old keys back in place since most data is encrypted with those.

People already warned me that with Nextcloud one day or the other your files will become inaccessible with server encryption enabled. Well today seems that day.

Anyway this was still a beta test. So I will sent out an announcement soon and tell people to get their data. I will probably start over without any encryption and never enable it again (and let people encrypt their own files with their own method if they require it).

I have to think hard about this so 'to be continued'. Happy to hear out any ideas/suggestions from the community.

• @martijnk said:
    Yeah so apparentley during the upgrade to NC 21 something went wrong and Nextcloud generated new encryption keys.

I do have the old keys, but newly uploaded data after the upgrade was completed is now encrypted with a different set of keys. So I can choose which data to make available, the new or the old one. Right now I've put the old keys back in place since most data is encrypted with those.

People already warned me that with Nextcloud one day or the other your files will become inaccessible with server encryption enabled. Well today seems that day.

Anyway this was still a beta test. So I will sent out an announcement soon and tell people to get their data. I will probably start over without any encryption and never enable it again (and let people encrypt their own files with their own method if they require it).

I have to think hard about this so 'to be continued'. Happy to hear out any ideas/suggestions from the community.

No problem at all martijn, indeed, that's why this is a betatest. And I use it purely for backups of backups, so no worries :)
    Thanks for the explanation, appreciate it.

Thanked by (3)martijnk poisson flips