Linode vs DigitalOcean vs UpCloud vs Hetzner vs Terrahost vs Scaleway

Hi all! I've been reading these pages for a while but only now I registered. I did a comparison with some benchmarks on various providers in the title, and I thought I'd share it here since it may be useful for someone who is looking for a provider. I am posting just because I think it may be useful, but if it's not OK that I post a link in my first post then please remove it :)

You can see the comparison with the links to the full benchmarks here: https://vitobotta.com/2021/09/10/disk-cpu-performance-linode-vs-digitalocean-vs-upcloud-vs-hetzner-vs-terrahost-vs-scaleway/

There are some interesting surprises :)

When I have time I will see if I can benchmark more providers.

404 Error: Signature Not Found

Comments

• bookmarked, interesting to see Terrahost is best for disk performance.
    will comeback again.

Thanks for the link.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

great article :) especially with Terrahost results

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• yes Terrahost kinda shocked me to be honest because I had never heard of it before reading about it here and on other forums. The performance is incredible. I was going to stay with them, but I had some weird issues - like I said in the article - with etcd for Kubernetes. Despite all the benchmarks for disks were screaming awesomeness, etcd had performance issues with those disks for who knows what reason. I spent two days trying to figure it out and then I gave up. It's really really weird. Still, performance is incredible so I would recommend anyone to try them. The difference compared with the similarly priced services is awesome.

• Welcome and thx for the post. Saw it on the GP - fb group first !

• Ryzen 5950x beating other peocessor..

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @vyas said:
    Welcome and thx for the post. Saw it on the GP - fb group first !

Thanks! Which FB group?

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Ryzen 5950x beating other peocessor..

The point is not that a faster processor beats a slower one, that's expected. The point is that for the same money someone gives you a much faster processor :)

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt

• @vitobotta said:

@vyas said:

Thanks! Which FB group?

Gridpane (GP) someone shared it there

• @vyas said:

@vitobotta said:

@vyas said:

Thanks! Which FB group?

Gridpane (GP) someone shared it there

Nice :)

• Terrahost cpu score is very impressive.
    For comparison, my 5800X does 1695 points. https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/9797237