Divi to introduce Conditions - enables user to create paid-content sites and more

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited September 2021 in WordPress

Pretty cool update :)
I think by now, I have gotten my money's worth tenth-fold or even more. With them since quite some years now :P

https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/theme-releases/divi-condition-options

Example use cases in their blog post mentions scenarios such as:

Logged In Status: Creating A Paid Online Publication

Date & Time: Creating A Recurring Promotional Banner

Cart Contents: Capturing Abandoned Carts In WooCommerce

@flips @Unixfy Divi just keeps and keeps improving. The Performance Update recently, now this. Adding to that, support is super responsive these days and logs into my website via remote token to fix problem within 1-2 hours. Just awesome!

Comments

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Enjoyed my time with Divi 😁

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • This is great, Divi really become a better template/theme builder
    last time i checked Elementor still relying on third part plugin for this feature

Thanked by (2)Ympker Unixfy
  • Coool, I love divi..

Thanked by (1)Ympker

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@chocolateshirt said:
    Coool, I love divi..

It's getting better by the day! And, more importantly, support has improved significantly.

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • Agreed, the Divi support is great!

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • I want to give Divi another try but I am very much a minimalist when it comes to my own sites, Divi does not (or at least did not ) offer enough granular control of elements on the page last time I tried.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Divi is lightweight on CPU than Elementor. Good that they're bringing new features bundled with it.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Lee said:
    I want to give Divi another try but I am very much a minimalist when it comes to my own sites, Divi does not (or at least did not ) offer enough granular control of elements on the page last time I tried.

They recently pushed a big performance update and also introduced a way to only load critical css: https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/divi-resources/divi-critical-css

Also have a look at:
    https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/theme-releases/divi-performance

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • At the moment using Blocksy, which is great all the way down to the same thing, granular control of elements. I have had to add Stackable for that. The combination of the two is pretty much perfect but pricey.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited October 2021

@Lee said:
    At the moment using Blocksy, which is great all the way down to the same thing, granular control of elements. I have had to add Stackable for that. The combination of the two is pretty much perfect but pricey.

I also use Blocksy a lot these days (as you probably already know) and it certainly shines at simplicity and performance. I was evaluating to get the LTD quite some times now, but I feel like it still has too little an audience to be sure it will be around in a few years time. The FB group is kinda active, though only counts some 3k users. WP installs are apparently 40.000 right now. If this was a backup plugin to rely on, I'd never use it at these numbers (there is a reason I use UpdraftPlus/AIO WP Backup plugin which are counting million installs). Now, a theme is a different story than a backup plugin (the latter really has to work).. So all I have seen from Blocksy is awesome stuff, and I'll continue using the free version, but not yet sure about upgrading. There are more established themes like Astra or Generatepress where I can get also quite the light-weight and intuitive setup.. and that even at a cheaper price (in case of Astra). Don't get me wrong, Blocksy is awesome. But for client projects, I will probably resort to bigger and more established themes. Divi support really shines these days, too. Recently I was creating a client project with Blocksy and they told me in the second meeting, they like smth about a competitor's website which they want me to implement. I quickly saw that the website was running Divi and switched to Divi theme (since divi builder plugin is not always the "full" experience). The client is happy now. That being said, I use Blocksy for personal projects and some of my friends' sites :) In the end, there is no AIO solution. Pick what fits your project best!

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • Blocksy I can live with really, it's actually Stackable I am less certain about in terms of their future. When I see a company doing dirt cheap lifetime licences too often it makes me wonder why.

Maybe try the Divi builder demo again and try to recreate one of my pages to see if it can replicate it, couldn't last time I tried. Playing a waiting game right now as everything is being moved from HM to Brixly.

Thanked by (2)Ympker bikegremlin
    edited October 2021

@Lee said:
    Blocksy I can live with really, it's actually Stackable I am less certain about in terms of their future. When I see a company doing dirt cheap lifetime licences too often it makes me wonder why.

Maybe try the Divi builder demo again and try to recreate one of my pages to see if it can replicate it, couldn't last time I tried. Playing a waiting game right now as everything is being moved from HM to Brixly.

I hear you. I got Qubely Lifetime License about a year back on AS. Fast forward to today and they barely update their plugin and in the FB group kinda officially stated it is more or less "abandoned" since it doesn't generate them any revenue. They apparently focus on Tutor LMS now.. So, when I saw Stackable, I didn't bite. For all the hype it got (initially), I won't go that route so fast again.

I think Divi is (probably) also meant for other types of site. For a really simple site, you wouldn't really need Divi (unless clients asks you to implement feature XY from other website which is from Divi). For the aforementioned project (which is a one-pager only), Blocksy would have been sufficient imho. If it's the clients' wish though, I'll use Divi. The university I am studying at is actually also using Divi, I learned.

Hope your migration is gonna be smooth :)

• @Ympker said: Hope your migration is gonna be smooth

Just shy of 10GB and 14 sites all done. Just waiting on it all resolving now.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Divi has to be the most helpful WordPress theme ever. I have been using these guys for years and have made my money back like 100x times the price I Paid. The only downside I hate about it is its resource use sometimes. You have to have a pretty good server to keep things smooth.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net