Free £100 katapult.io credits

DazzleDazzle OG
edited January 2022 in Free Offers and Stuff

Got the info from a Twitter account. Visit katapult.io to see the promo.

From their website:
"Katapult is a new cloud computing platform that allows you to quickly and easily provision resources in a number of data centers across the world."

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

Thanked by (1)frog

Comments

• Is it just me or does katapult sound somewhat like kaput?

The end is nigh?

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:
    Is it just me or does katapult sound somewhat like kaput?

The end is nigh?

Run these 2 words through google translate, they sound yea but they mean something different.

• credit card required

Thanked by (1)Dazzle

FastestVPN PRO: Lifetime Subscription (15 Devices) for $24.97 only [aff link]

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited January 2022

@Dazzle said:

From their website:
    "Katapult is a new cloud computing platform that allows you to quickly and easily provision resources in a number of data centers across the world."

This is a Katapult in german:

• @allnetstore said: credit card required

you also need to verify identity or at least this was required on my account.

• @Ympker said:

@Dazzle said:

From their website:

Trebuchet from Age of Empires !!

Thanked by (3)Abdullah Falzo Ympker
  • armandorgarmandorg Services Provider

I don't think a lot in here will insert their credit card in a new project which no one[at least me] have ever heard before.

Web Design Agency - Custom Web Designs
    WHMCS.design - WHMCS Themes | Blesta.shop - Blesta Themes

• edited January 2022

@armandorg said:
    I don't think a lot in here will insert their credit card in a new project which no one[at least me] have ever heard before.

Katapult.io is a part of Krystal Hosting that has existed since 2002.

Their backend looks good, but the prices are not low-end.
    @yoursunny , they are offering free IPv6 addresses. :-)

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider
    edited January 2022

Their UI is buggy, I got infinite loop and activating account, and on top of adding credit card, they need you to verify your identity by taking photo of your id card.

• @yokowasis said:
    Their UI is buggy, I got infinite loop and activating account, and on top of adding credit card, they need you to verify your identity by taking photo of your id card.

I did not have any problems and I did not have to verify my identity.
    You must have triggered their fraud check somehow.
    Did you use VPN when you signed up?

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

@frog said:

@yokowasis said:

I did not have any problems and I did not have to verify my identity.
    You must have triggered their fraud check somehow.
    Did you use VPN when you signed up?

No. All my VPN is off.

• Looks kinda interesting. Free credit for testing is always nice. I do still have like $30 left in my Lunanode account though...

• @vyas said:

AoE2 .. best game ever

Thanked by (3)saibal vyas Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

Yes, this is on my mind when I first heard it. The word Katapult have strong correlation with "launch", so you will see a lot of launch word on their site.

Same as DigitalOcean, ocean <=> water <=> droplet. #my2cent

Thanked by (1)Ympker

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited January 2022

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

@Dazzle said:

From their website:

That game was something else. Loved it :D I think I gifted that game (?!) To @InceptionHosting / Anthony Smith one day, years back :D

@frog said:

@armandorg said:

Katapult.io is a part of Krystal Hosting that has existed since 2002.

Their backend looks good, but the prices are not low-end.
    @yoursunny , they are offering free IPv6 addresses. :-)

If that's the case, I used BestWebHosting, (later known as) SmartHosting before they were bought out by Krystal. the performance was good and I was happy with support. Things went to shit when that buyout happened. Krystal appears to be "premium" hosting, but the merger was the worst back then. I remember fb groups from SmartHosting full with unhappy clients. I also remember comments being deleted iirc.
    I probably wouldn't go back. This is another project, of course, but with Hetzner and so many other good options out there, I don't feel the urge to try them again.

@Multi_ still got like 90$ on Lunanode from trial credits. Pretty cool that they never seem to expire :)

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Anybody know how long the credit is good for? Might be very useful if its permanent given hourly pricing.

Trebuchet has a counterweight. Catapult is tension/spring powered. Everyone knows the trebuchet is the superior siege weapon

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Signed up.

The credits appear to not be time capped and a prepay card like revolut seems to work fine.

ipv6 free, inbound free, 1TB out free. So think it'll be useful for ad-hoc stuff

Thanked by (1)Dazzle