[LF] 250 GB storage in RBX

So, with all the sales going on, let's try something different. I'd be looking for ~250GB storage that MUST BE in OVH RBX and be able to make use of the internal Gbit connection for nightly backups.

I do not need an IPv4, a single NAT port for SSH would be appreciated though.
IPv6 should be fully working, a single address is sufficient.

Also would like to go with someone who has the underlying system somewhat secured against SPOF by running some raid-z/5/6 or better and gives proper notice in case something happens, to be able to react before rebuilts and fscks kick in etc. (while it's only rotating nightly backups, often it could be useful to still take something out)

it's gonna be around 20-30GB traffic daily, usually in one spike around 5 am...
probably 1core 1GB is far more than enough, still breathing room in ressources usually also helps the host, so not interested in 128MB blabla, KVM please.

budget $25 yearly, would like a testrun to verify that indeed the internal connection is able to burst over 500 Mbps.

with all that said... anyone renting out things like that?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

Man if someone sells this on OVH at $25/y you're losing them money. Even with SoYouStart deals, which won't even be possible due to the limited drive configs. Even for backups I wouldn't trust it.

Thanked by (2)Falzo vimalware

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• Wishosting might be able to hook you up with a custom deal. I don't know of any other resellers who resell Storage VPS on OVH.

• @MikeA said:
    Man if someone sells this on OVH at $25/y you're losing them money. Even with SoYouStart deals, which won't even be possible due to the limited drive configs. Even for backups I wouldn't trust it.

hmm, I was afraid, you'd say something like it. yet the budget calculation is based on 8$ per TB and month, which I think is not that low after all...

and yes of course I consider soyoustart or even kimsufi feasible, as I don't care about the external connection much - but I get your point. ;-)

still gotta try, right?

@xowxenxirix said: Wishosting might be able to hook you up with a custom deal. I don't know of any other resellers who resell Storage VPS on OVH.

yes thought of them already, probably gonna reach out directly to check if they have RBX at all.

• If my KS-LE in RBX just had 2x4TB but no, it does not and then OVH comes around with KS-LE NEW NEW NEW with 2x4TB, what a shame otherwise I am sure I have 500GB free ZFS Raid 1 there and its internal gigabit.

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • @Neoon said:
    If my KS-LE in RBX just had 2x4TB but no, it does not and then OVH comes around with KS-LE NEW NEW NEW with 2x4TB, what a shame otherwise I am sure I have 500GB free ZFS Raid 1 there and its internal gigabit.

ah true... you're in the storage game with those for storj and the likes anyway. would have been interesting, what are you plans on how long to keep those boxes around?

• @Falzo said:

@Neoon said:
    If my KS-LE in RBX just had 2x4TB but no, it does not and then OVH comes around with KS-LE NEW NEW NEW with 2x4TB, what a shame otherwise I am sure I have 500GB free ZFS Raid 1 there and its internal gigabit.

ah true... you're in the storage game with those for storj and the likes anyway. would have been interesting, what are you plans on how long to keep those boxes around?

You can pull that 2x4TB KS-LE in GRA from my cold dead hands.
    But I am not so sure sadly about the RBX one.

I may switch to the new new one KS-LE but its rather a gamble to get one in RBX.
    I am not sure doh, but if I know I let you now.

Thanked by (1)Falzo